Who Wins the NFC North?

footbull3196

Who wins the NFC North?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC North?

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I do agree with you that we have the potential to go back to the NFC Championship Game because of the rest of the talent that we have on both sides of the ball.  I'm just worried about our offensive line holding us back more than anything.  I said before the season that I expected us to take a step back because of both our O line and luck playing a big part in us getting to 13-3 last season.  If anything will help the play of our line, it will be Cousins' quick release

Lol these are such homer posts it's not even funny.  Trubisky is making some progress but it's been pretty minimal so far.  He had 1 really big game against arguably the worst defense in the league that just fired their defensive coordinator yesterday.  Miami isn't one of the "best secondaries" in the league, they have Reshad Jones and almost nobody else.  If you take out that game, he has 5 TDs and 4 INTs on the season.  He couldnt make the play to win the game against the Packers where he had Cohen open on the wheel route on that 3rd down.  He struggled for most of the game against Seattle and Arizona.  He threw a critical interception in the red zone yesterday against the Dolphins which you conveniently glossed over.  And he still has issues with pocket presence.  From what I've seen, Trubisky looks content to just keep throwing 7-8 yard outs to Allen Robinson more than anything else

So again you are going all the way back to week one.  That's what I thought.  I like how you just remove his best game to discredit him.  Do you do the same for everybody else.  How about just looking at trends like 9 TDs and 1 Int over the last 2 weeks, pretty close to half his season so far.  I get it.  You only saw him week 1.  And you might want to check on Miamis secondary bud, they lead the league in Ints w/o much of a pass rush for a reason.  You may not have heard of anybody but Jones, but they are pretty damn good.  On second thought, how have you not heard of Minkah Fitzpatrick?  Do you like football?

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

There isn't a truly good team in this division.  Trubisky is treading water when he doesn't play against the worst defense in the league.  Lions may have found their running back but Slay and Quin can't do it alone on defense.  Green Bay has to rely on Aaron Rodgers way too much.  And the Vikings O line is total trash

If I had to bet right now, I would stick with my prediction before the season.  Green Bay wins division at 11-4-1 and Minnesota gets wildcard at 10-5-1

I honestly have no idea.

I think the Vikings will get it together and the Packers have a brutal stretch coming up.

I think that the Vikings win the division in the end with the Bears and Packers fighting for the wildcard.

7 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Trubisky missed several wide open guys against Miami. He had 3 TDs, one was a forward pitch to his tight end, a wide open lob on a blown coverage assignment, and a good throw to Arob. Ain't no one worried about that bum.

He missed 1 wide open throw. Also made throws of 54, 50, 47, 29, and 22.

You should be worried, he continues to improve. 

Offly chesty for a team that should have been Beatherded last night

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

He missed 1 wide open throw. Also made throws of 54, 50, 47, 29, and 22.

You should be worried, he continues to improve. 

Offly chesty for a team that should have been Beatherded last night.

I actually watched that game twice, Tru missed several, not one. 

Trust me, I aint sweating Trubisky, I watched him enough at UNC to know what he is. 

2 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Its good being back in the dark with everyone thinking we suck. Will be a fun dose of reality when the Bears fail to reach the playoffs for the 8th time a row. 

I'm game. One of our teams has to beat them at Solider, right?

To answer OP: Total homer pick is still Minnesota at 10-5-1. I do think Chicago gets a wild card at 10-6, their schedule is just simply too easy.

13 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Trubisky missed several wide open guys against Miami. He had 3 TDs, one was a forward pitch to his tight end, a wide open lob on a blown coverage assignment, and a good throw to Arob. Ain't no one worried about that bum.

I love how people keep counting missed throws (and I have no idea how you can say several I could see somebody saying 2).  Meanwhile hes completing 70% of his passes for a 7.8 ypa.  It's not like those #s are inflated by close passes either.

I am genuinely intrigued about where you see several wide open missed throws in his 9 total in completions.

I see one on the first drive to Anthony Miller on the 1st drive in the deep middle.

Other than that I see pretty standard incompletions that we see in every game.

Archived