Who Wins the NFC North?

footbull3196

Who wins the NFC North?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC North?

There isn't a truly good team in this division.  Trubisky is treading water when he doesn't play against the worst defense in the league.  Lions may have found their running back but Slay and Quin can't do it alone on defense.  Green Bay has to rely on Aaron Rodgers way too much.  And the Vikings O line is total trash

If I had to bet right now, I would stick with my prediction before the season.  Green Bay wins division at 11-4-1 and Minnesota gets wildcard at 10-5-1

29 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

There isn't a truly good team in this division.  Trubisky is treading water when he doesn't play against the worst defense in the league.  Lions may have found their running back but Slay and Quin can't do it alone on defense.  Green Bay has to rely on Aaron Rodgers way too much.  And the Vikings O line is total trash

If I had to bet right now, I would stick with my prediction before the season.  Green Bay wins division at 11-4-1 and Minnesota gets wildcard at 10-5-1

There are worse OLs than MN. I'd say they are more below average thsn trash. They've done enough to allow for Cousins to be as productive as he has been.

What is killing the Vikings is no run game and a defense that has given up way too many big plays. If MN can get these two things sorted out, they have a team that could make a deep playoff push. 

The Bears defense looks legit but the QB situation has to be concerning. I could see the Bears being somewhat similar to last year's Vikings, great in the regular season but will struggle in the playoffs due to the QB situation.

The Packers will only go as far as Rodgers, they don't have a playoff caliber defense. I'm not sure Rodgers is good enough this year to carry that team on his own.

The Lions just aren't there yet.

My money is on the Vikings, due to the talent on both sides of the ball and having a legit top 10 QB this year. Just need to see that defense come together.

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He'll be lucky to win any games over the next 5 weeks.

Brutal schedule, yea. I don’t think they’ll beat the Rams but if they can go 3-1 in the other four with a loss to MIN or 2-2 with a win against MIN, I think they will win the division. 

59 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

What about yesterday? Was he treading water with his 122 qbr and 3 TDs? He was playing one of the best secondaries in the NFL yesterday too.  I think people need to look at the whole picture not just what you remember from week 1.  He has virtually the same #s as Goff thru 5 games this year.  Are we saying Goff is treading water too?

And oh btw he has the 5th best qbr in the league right now.  I guess he must totally suck

51 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What about yesterday? Was he treading water with his 122 qbr and 3 TDs? He was playing one of the best secondaries in the NFL yesterday too.  I think people need to look at the whole picture not just what you remember from week 1.  He has virtually the same #s as Goff thru 5 games this year.  Are we saying Goff is treading water too?

And oh btw he has the 5th best qbr in the league right now.  I guess he must totally suck

Such a typical common fan response too lol. Treading water? Give me a break

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This doesn't really paint a picture of what is really happening. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3039707/mitchell-trubisky

He has had 3 bad games and 2 good ones. To be the "5th best QB in the league right now" you have to be more consistent. One insane game where he threw 6 tds and no INT's really, really skewed his numbers up beyond where he has been playing in all the other games. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

There are worse OLs than MN. I'd say they are more below average thsn trash. They've done enough to allow for Cousins to be as productive as he has been.

What is killing the Vikings is no run game and a defense that has given up way too many big plays. If MN can get these two things sorted out, they have a team that could make a deep playoff push. 

The Bears defense looks legit but the QB situation has to be concerning. I could see the Bears being somewhat similar to last year's Vikings, great in the regular season but will struggle in the playoffs due to the QB situation.

The Packers will only go as far as Rodgers, they don't have a playoff caliber defense. I'm not sure Rodgers is good enough this year to carry that team on his own.

The Lions just aren't there yet.

My money is on the Vikings, due to the talent on both sides of the ball and having a legit top 10 QB this year. Just need to see that defense come together.

I do agree with you that we have the potential to go back to the NFC Championship Game because of the rest of the talent that we have on both sides of the ball.  I'm just worried about our offensive line holding us back more than anything.  I said before the season that I expected us to take a step back because of both our O line and luck playing a big part in us getting to 13-3 last season.  If anything will help the play of our line, it will be Cousins' quick release

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

26 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Such a typical common fan response too lol. Treading water? Give me a break

Lol these are such homer posts it's not even funny.  Trubisky is making some progress but it's been pretty minimal so far.  He had 1 really big game against arguably the worst defense in the league that just fired their defensive coordinator yesterday.  Miami isn't one of the "best secondaries" in the league, they have Reshad Jones and almost nobody else.  If you take out that game, he has 5 TDs and 4 INTs on the season.  He couldnt make the play to win the game against the Packers where he had Cohen open on the wheel route on that 3rd down.  He struggled for most of the game against Seattle and Arizona.  He threw a critical interception in the red zone yesterday against the Dolphins which you conveniently glossed over.  And he still has issues with pocket presence.  From what I've seen, Trubisky looks content to just keep throwing 7-8 yard outs to Allen Robinson more than anything else

Archived