Josh Allen UCL injury

Thelonebillsfan

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Wow. Take away Josh Allen's cannon arm, and you're left with a tall, average/slightly above average athlete, who has major accuracy concerns. This could be worst case scenario in Buffalo. I hope that he's ok.

You're a baseball guy... TJS surgery shouldn't have any long term implications on his overall arm strength if they give it proper amount of time to heal

People get that surgery nowa days when they don't even tear their UCL because it has been known to add velocity to your pitches.. 

If he has to sit out next season, then he has to sit out. Everyone said he needed to sit and learn for a bit... might not be the worst thing.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

You're a baseball guy... TJS surgery shouldn't have any long term implications on his overall arm strength if they give it proper amount of time to heal

People get that surgery nowa days when they don't even tear their UCL because it has been known to add velocity to your pitches.. 

If he has to sit out next season, then he has to sit out. Everyone said he needed to sit and learn for a bit... might not be the worst thing.

http://www.uhhospitals.org/myuhcare/health-and-wellness/better-living-health-articles/2015/july/can-tommy-john-surgery-make-you-pitch-faster

This is an urban legend, it doesn't happen. TJS does not add velocity, the corrections made during rehab in regards to form and pitching mechanics, and the fact that a UCL doesn't just tear but is an accumulation of years of damage and strain may end with that as a net result, but the surgery itself is paired with a decline in velocity and a more rapid aging curve on most people who undergo the procedure.

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

Read my above post for velocity comments and myths.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Josh Allen holds the ball the longest in the league. The issues at WR are real. The OL issues are just hyperbole from fans usually. He has been getting plenty of time but he doesn't trust his eyes or his feet. 

I think the holding the ball comes from receivers not getting separation. Sure some of it is his fault, but he’s a rookie I’m not gonna just pin all of that on him, I’m sure if he had ample time and more that high school level receivers he’d be able to trust himself a little more. Obviously he’s not perfect, but he’s in a dreadful situation, which falls completely on the shoulders of BB and McDermott. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, trading McCarron was asanine. How did they have confidence in A) Peterman being a reliable stop gap, and B.) the offensive line and receivers being sufficient enough to help Josh grow if Peterman went full Peterman. McCarron should’ve been kept around to be thrown to the wolves instead of Josh. 

I love Sean. How he gets his team to fight and scrap every week even with the complete lack of talent, but man some of the stuff is just completely unnacceptable.

We have Derek Anderson who, while certainly not anything exceptional, is a long term backup in this league who won't LOSE us the game like Peterman did, at least if he isn't just compeltely physically shot.

And if he is screw it, throw Logan Thomas out there what's the worst that could happen.

59 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

buffalos D is nowhere close to elite

Yeah, they are. This isn't smoke and mirrors with crap personnel relying on turnovers to bail them out like last year. Tre White has been playing like the best corner in the league since his slow start and the linebacking unit has been absolutely dominant, Edmunds looks like a stud and Matt Milano is a legit 3-down linebacker. Pass rush they need a legit #1 but they get it done with numbers. They'll finish top-5 in the league unless the offense continues to be so putrid they can't even score a point (since McD took over playcalling in the second half of the Chargers game we've allowed 53 total points and scored 53 total points offensively).

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We have Derek Anderson who, while certainly not anything exceptional, is a long term backup in this league who won't LOSE us the game like Peterman did, at least if he isn't just compeltely physically shot.

And if he is screw it, throw Logan Thomas out there what's the worst that could happen.

Honestly i'd go straight to DA and see if he can recapture that 2007 magic along with that defense they have.

Bills are 2-4, and with a little run could still find themselves in the wild card.  Everyone know that isn't happening with Peterman.  At least with DA there's a 2% chance of that unknown magic.

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I think the holding the ball comes from receivers not getting separation. Sure some of it is his fault, but he’s a rookie I’m not gonna just pin all of that on him, I’m sure if he had ample time and more that high school level receivers he’d be able to trust himself a little more. Obviously he’s not perfect, but he’s in a dreadful situation, which falls completely on the shoulders of BB and McDermott. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, trading McCarron was asanine. How did they have confidence in A) Peterman being a reliable stop gap, and B.) the offensive line and receivers being sufficient enough to help Josh grow if Peterman went full Peterman. McCarron should’ve been kept around to be thrown to the wolves instead of Josh. 

I love Sean. How he gets his team to fight and scrap every week even with the complete lack of talent, but man some of the stuff is just completely unnacceptable.

Yeah I'm with you. It's hard to get a real good read on Allen so far because of the **** show on offense. The lack of separation is a legit complaint though and I think a large part of the passing games struggles. 

You could probably create a three hour compilation of plays this season where everyone is completely covered for the entirety of the play. 

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Unfortunately he is.  DA always seemed like a good dude and he was a reliable back-up for awhile, but he looked washed his last 2 years here.  Cost us the Bucs game in 2016.

On the plus side, he’s definitely no worse than Peterman so still not a bad move.

Archived