2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

46 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He made a true freshman C look stupid. Which was to be expected.

Yeah a few times he did but could easily say it was Quinnen Williams worst most least productive game of the season.  That OL on Oklahoma is good, Samia I thought had a good game and later on the settled in.  The Bama DL was not nearly as dominant as they were in the 1st quarter of the game and really Williams outside of a few plays was some what quiet especially as the game went on.  Oklahoma fought back for sure and the O-line played well, voted the best OL in college football and I would agree with that.  The Bama DL had a hard time running after Murray but why wouldn't they, guy has probably 4.3-4.4 speed and has a cannon arm, and being so small and quick is hard to get to the ground.  Early in the game they beat up Murray and that OL for sure but that changed from the other three quarters.

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah a few times he did but could easily say it was Quinnen Williams worst most least productive game of the season.  That OL on Oklahoma is good, Samia I thought had a good game and later on the settled in.  The Bama DL was not nearly as dominant as they were in the 1st quarter of the game and really Williams outside of a few plays was some what quiet especially as the game went on.  Oklahoma fought back for sure and the O-line played well, voted the best OL in college football and I would agree with that.  The Bama DL had a hard time running after Murray but why wouldn't they, guy has probably 4.3-4.4 speed and has a cannon arm, and being so small and quick is hard to get to the ground.  Early in the game they beat up Murray and that OL for sure but that changed from the other three quarters.

I agree. I said in the browns forum, the times Q. Williams looked best was mostly due to the C missing his assignment early on in the game. It didn’t go over too well.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How did Jeff Simmons look today vs Iowa?

He played awesome, very tough inside rusher could easily be a 3/4 DE as well.  Played the game unlike a lot of potential high draft picks and just that alone means a lot honestly.  Good showing by him, they would have won the game too if Fitzgerald could have threw the ball better but he is greatly lacking in QB passing ability, but his WR did drop the ball in the end zone for a potential game winning TD also.  It is a shame because that was a great DL on Miss State and they have a few very solid DBs as well.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He played awesome, very tough inside rusher could easily be a 3/4 DE as well.  Played the game unlike a lot of potential high draft picks and just that alone means a lot honestly.  Good showing by him, they would have won the game too if Fitzgerald could have threw the ball better but he is greatly lacking in QB passing ability, but his WR did drop the ball in the end zone for a potential game winning TD also.  It is a shame because that was a great DL on Miss State and they have a few very solid DBs as well.

I love Simmons. I don't see him as a 3-4 end. He's a 3 tech only, IMO. I don't think he has the strength or size. There are about a hand full of guys in the first round that are more suited to be 3-4 ends. I think tillery, Raekwon and Derrick brown would fit that bill.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:32 AM, pnies20 said:

I love Simmons. I don't see him as a 3-4 end. He's a 3 tech only, IMO. I don't think he has the strength or size. There are about a hand full of guys in the first round that are more suited to be 3-4 ends. I think tillery, Raekwon and Derrick brown would fit that bill.

I agree with all except the part about his strength and size

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

True, but I always thought he.was more like 6'4 310, but we'll see duringthe combine 

That’s what he’s listed at but he just doesn’t look that big. Like you said, combine will put all that to rest.

Archived