2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

do you think Ed Oliver could be a great Base End

I don't, personally. I think he loses most of his leverage at his size against those long tackles and his speed is mitigated against tackles who tend to be a little faster and light on their feet than interior blockers. 

22 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

He's going back to Bama.  Was really quiet in the National Title game, so probably smart of him...

I guess I'm one of the few that thinks he would be better off getting acclimated to the NFL game. I just think its more negatives than positives for him coming back,

On 1/7/2019 at 6:30 PM, Humble_Beast said:

do you think Ed Oliver could be a great Base End

No. I don’t see a scenario where a coach would want to put him out there. Hes got one spot to play and he COULD be one of the best ever if he lives up to his potential. We’ll see.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:09 AM, TheVillain112 said:

He's going back to Bama.  Was really quiet in the National Title game, so probably smart of him...

No threat of anyone taking his job next season.

This draft at DL appears to be much stronger than next year.

He has a chance to further distance himself from his off-field issues. (He's got some stuff/rough around the edges)

11 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Not surprising. Five-star mega-recruits who stay close to home at a college that coddles them have problems unless their character is exceptional. Very similar to the Leonard Fournette situation from what it sounds like.  I had an NFL guy warn me during the draft process that Leonard Fournette was a problem at LSU and that it was hushed. Not sure if Oliver is at that level but he fits the mold I described above. The NFL is going to be an adjustment for him. Not many mega-recruits go to a college like Houston where the big fish HS mentality essentially gets extended. 

Archived