2019 NFL Draft - Running Backs

Forge

On 3/24/2019 at 4:37 PM, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think Anderson is a plodder. He reminds me of Joe Mixon and Todd Gurley. I don't think he's the pure athlete that Gurley is, but I like him a little more than I did Mixon. Ultimately, in five years, he's either going to have had his career wrecked by injuries or be one of those guys people say, "How did he go so low in the Draft?"

was just watching him. I see a little Ryan Grant in him as well.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sherm said:

Just here to say if Rodney Anderson can stay healthy he'll be the best RB in the draft. 

The same could be said for Love. It's interesting, because at this time last year they seemed the consensus first round backs for this draft, and neither hurt themselves with their play that much this year and still offer the same tantalizing skillsets as before. It was all other things like decreased production and health that hurt them, but not their actual play. I love both as potential home run picks.

37 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

The same could be said for Love. It's interesting, because at this time last year they seemed the consensus first round backs for this draft, and neither hurt themselves with their play that much this year and still offer the same tantalizing skillsets as before. It was all other things like decreased production and health that hurt them, but not their actual play. I love both as potential home run picks.

Yeah still think he's a better prospect than 2018 showed. He's somewhere between 2017-2018 as a player. He reminds of Deangelo Williams.

The thing that hurts Love a ton is that he's not a good fit in a ZBS - the switch to the ZBS really played a big part of his struggles last year (I can't remember who mentioned it first here, but it was a great take), not just post-injury recovery.   Add in the fact that his pass-catching (and even more importantly, his blocking) skills are so unknown, in today's NFL that's a recipe for huge devaluation come Draft Day.  There's no doubt he has a much higher ceiling than most Day 3 picks at RB, but that's also life as a RB these days.

I think both could be day 3 home run picks, but TBH I prefer Anderson more because his skill set is more diverse, and more adaptable to the pass game.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 9:48 PM, HoboRocket said:

I think Love will make a team very happy on Sat. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 3:23 PM, Broncofan said:

Add in the fact that his pass-catching (and even more importantly, his blocking) skills are so unknown, in today's NFL that's a recipe for huge devaluation come Draft Day.  .

His pass-blocking is borderline elite, actually. Just didn't do it much in Stanford's scheme, but he's super cerebral and completely aced every pass-blocking snap. It's actually the most impressive thing about him, IMHO. Now, as for his pass catching... Suspect.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I respect it, I'd rather him get in front of this now and move on with his life rather than go through the motions.

Edited by MSURacerDT55