Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Hate to do this, but imagine if we kept musgrave and Murray. What would our offense look like right now? Jdr would probably still be there which means we probably would have still had Mack. We probably would still be stuck in 8-10 win purgatory but who knows?

I don’t think Carr and coop had great chemistry. Seems like he is tight with Dak already. Probably because Dak actually throws to him. The 2017 off season really killed us.

I still think something happened between Carr and Cooper.  The two never saw eye to eye and I think it was something off the field.

Cooper is a good WR with the ability to be a great one. His start to his career is better than Brown's, on pace with Jones and isn't the headache of OBJ. 

With that said, it was smart to trade him for a 1st. Cowboys gave a first to be in first. They wouldn't be leading their division without him and one player can make a difference even mid-season without having a full grasp of the playbook/scheme/chemistry. I will root for Cooper, Mack and Carr no matter where they go as I consider them quality people who got screwed by the hiring of Jon Gruden. Carr might stay and have great success because of Gruden but right now he's regressed to his rookie year.  The Raider franchise is off track and hopefully that same curse of Chucky will be the praise of almighty lord Chucky ruler of Vegas and king of the wickerpeople. LOL Don't know where that came from but I'm rolling with it. :P

Trade Mack get picks and save money. Maybe we use that same money on DE's Lawerance, Hunter or Smith. Not at Mack's level but a good pass rusher none the less and we get picks.

Cooper would have cost us top WR cash to keep because he looked like he wasn't happy here for whatever reason. 18 mil+ in two years or walks. At least we get a 1st and might use that pick on a WR so 5 years saving millions and probably will have Frankies desired size. 6'3+ so all can be happy.

I'd keep Carr and build around him. If he doesn't get back to pro bowl form at least the pieces will be in place and then we can draft his replacement. With QB's getting 30 million now, Carr is cheap for the remainder of his contract.

The Cooper trade is good for both teams and the value is there for us with our season already lost by the trade deadline.

It’s a simple fact: Coopers agent will demand AB, Julio type money. Is Amari worth that even though he may be the next tier? Absolutely not. And WR the worst position to spend money on when you’re already a bad football team. We will look like winners of this trade again (we still so) when the Cowboys pay Amari is 18.5M per year for 5 years with most of it guaranteed.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s a simple fact: Coopers agent will demand AB, Julio type money. Is Amari worth that even though he may be the next tier? Absolutely not. And WR the worst position to spend money on when you’re already a bad football team. We will look like winners of this trade again (we still so) when the Cowboys pay Amari is 18.5M per year for 5 years with most of it guaranteed.

Not if they playing playoff games and the 1st rd pick bust. We made the right decision but it doesnt mean we already won the trade cause he will be paid like a top 5 wr. And yall assuming he going to get Odell type money. He wont. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Not if they playing playoff games and the 1st rd pick bust. We made the right decision but it doesnt mean we already won the trade cause he will be paid like a top 5 wr. And yall assuming he going to get Odell type money. He wont. 

Out of 32 teams, nobody is giving him Odell money? There is no loyalty with Mack/Coopers agent. I would not be surprised to see Cooper in a different uniform in 2020 with a ridiculous contract. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Out of 32 teams, nobody is giving him Odell money? There is no loyalty with Mack/Coopers agent. I would not be surprised to see Cooper in a different uniform in 2020 with a ridiculous contract. 

No way. Jerry gave up a first for Coop. He will die before he lets him walk as a free agent. Especially with how the offense has opened up since Coop's arrival. Gaurantee Jerry already loves Coop and thinks he stole him in that trade. I'd bet the farm that Coop is a Cowboy for most, if not the rest, of his career unlesd he bombs hard the rest of this year and next.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I doubt something happened, but it did seem as if they never quite developed the chemistry you see between a good QB and good WR.

I can not say anything for certain but they did not look like they liked each other that much.

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

No way. Jerry gave up a first for Coop. He will die before he lets him walk as a free agent. Especially with how the offense has opened up since Coop's arrival. Gaurantee Jerry already loves Coop and thinks he stole him in that trade. I'd bet the farm that Coop is a Cowboy for most, if not the rest, of his career unlesd he bombs hard the rest of this year and next.

Cooper will get more than Diggs for sure. I'm thinking 19-20 million. I love him, but this current team cannot pay him that kind of money.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:30 AM, NJ Raider said:

His last couple games before this one weren’t great either. Honestly, if one of those three dbs near him on that 90 yarder makes a tackle, it’s like a 15 yard play. 

He will have big games but he is not at AB, Odell, or Hopkins level and shouldn’t be paid as so. He pretty much costed us the Denver and Miami games due to drops and giving up on routes. 

It would have been a 30 yard catch. In triple coverage.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:13 AM, BayRaider said:

My point still completely stands. Amari always does this. One huge game, disappear for four. He’s already done it on the Cowboys.

I dont think you will find a single Cowboys fan that will agree with this. Even those of us who hated the trade. Cooper has made his presence felt in every single game. He is super clutch on 3rd downs. In fact, in the last 4 games, I believe he leads in the NFL in 3rd down conversions. 

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Why do you say that?

15 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Just FYI that Jerry doesnt really do much any more. It was SJ and Garrett that made the trade. But you are right that Jerry probably loves him. Jerry has always had a huge soft spot for WRs. The man even loved TO.... Which is blasphemous IMO. 

I do agree that Coop will be a lifer here in Dallas. His biggest strength is route running, which is something that ages very well. He will be wearing the star for another 10 years. 

On 11/24/2018 at 3:32 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Cooper will get more than Diggs for sure. I'm thinking 19-20 million. I love him, but this current team cannot pay him that kind of money.

Which is laughable.  Diggs is twice the WR Cooper is.  After 1 good game people are doubting the trade.  It was a good move to get rid of Cooper and the 17 he will demand after the year. 

He would do the same thing with us, 1 big game then disappear for a few in a row.  

On 11/24/2018 at 1:15 PM, riceman80 said:

Then Coopers agent is gonna milk him for 20M knowing that.

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Which is laughable.  Diggs is twice the WR Cooper is.  After 1 good game people are doubting the trade.  It was a good move to get rid of Cooper and the 17 he will demand after the year. 

He would do the same thing with us, 1 big game then disappear for a few in a row.  

You seem bitter cuz Diggs isn't twice the receiver Coop is. Coop is bigger, stronger, faster(altho prob not quicker), and runs just as good of routes(both are excellent in that area).

And it's not one good game. Its 2 good games and 1 monster game out of 4 games. The disappearing act youre referring to was a game in which coverage was shifted toward him and Zeke had 30 touches. He's played better for them in 4 games then he did in the last year plus for us. And im pretty sure he hasnt had a drop since he got there either.

He's got Dak throwing to him in a run first offense called by Scott Linehan and he's producing way more than when he was still with us. Im happy for Coop. To me it says alot about Gruden's offense and in particular, his chemistry(or lack thereof) with Carr.

Archived