Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

We went Sunday for our normal trip and it was busy, but not unusual.  

The wife went on Wednesday (I was working) to “panic buy”. Stocked up on everything we’d need for a couple week quarantine (we’re usually pretty well stocked).

Went again last night after schools were closed just to “top off” and it was a damned zoo. Maybe 25% of the normal amount of meat, lots of dry food scarce, absolutely no TP (plenty of paper towels though???), lines halfway through the store.

Never seen anything like it and hope I don’t again.  Not so subtle reminder of just how quickly things can go from perfectly fine to hold on to yer butts.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who I really feel for are the less fortunate folks who can’t afford to drop a grand on groceries and such “just in case”.

It’s gotta be frightening tbh.

Yeah, I get making sure you are stocked up but those who can't afford to live three weeks in the future are screwed once they cash their weekly paycheck to find there aren't any essentials left for them. Maybe we'll share with them? Now that we are feeling comfortable with our 192 rolls of TP maybe we'll be able to spare a square if they are in need. We're a lot more caring people when we know our butts are covered, or wiped in this case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

ESPN is praying somebody does something racist.

Fify

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, I get making sure you are stocked up but those who can't afford to live three weeks in the future are screwed once they cash their weekly paycheck to find there aren't any essentials left for them. Maybe we'll share with them? Now that we are feeling comfortable with our 192 rolls of TP maybe we'll be able to spare a square if they are in need. We're a lot more caring people when we know our butts are covered, or wiped in this case.

elaine_toilet_paper.gif

Maybe you are. I see more of a"Black Friday trampling people to death" kinda vibe.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Lol didn’t go crazy there, I bought mostly the normal stuff, just in excess of what we usually do.  A lot of meat to go straight to the freezer, some food with a long shelf life etc.

Of course we bought a pack of TP an$ paper towels, but only a bit more than normal.  We have maybe 20 rolls, nothing wild and crazy. 😂 

And yeah man, I’d someone’s hungry I’ll happily share.  Just wait by curb, I’ll set it on the porch and you can keep the Tupperware.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

plenty of paper towels though???

That is funny. It’s like they think they can’t wipe their butts with anything else. Plenty of ways, paper towels, napkins, baby wipes, or just kill two birds with one stone and do the ole waffle stomp!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol didn’t go crazy there, I bought mostly the normal stuff, just in excess of what we usually do.  A lot of meat to go straight to the freezer, some food with a long shelf life etc.

Of course we bought a pack of TP an$ paper towels, but only a bit more than normal.  We have maybe 20 rolls, nothing wild and crazy. 😂 

And yeah man, I’d someone’s hungry I’ll happily share.  Just wait by curb, I’ll set it on the porch and you can keep the Tupperware.

Yeah, same here we are good for a couple weeks on everything and we already had plenty of meat in the freezer. I mostly got stuff to keep a variety going if we were asked to not go to stores in the future for a couple weeks.

There are tough choices to be made because if you don't get stuff for yourself there won't be anything left (until the next shipment) just hopefully people don't hoard like they think they will be in hiding for 6 months, that hurts others. Also we know who you are we'll come to your house and get that stuff.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That is funny. It’s like they think they can’t wipe their butts with anything else. Plenty of ways, paper towels, napkins, baby wipes, or just kill two birds with one stone and do the ole waffle stomp!

My dog taught me that I could just scoot in the grass, doing that until this scare is over.

• Like 1

Still having a hard time wrapping my mind around the hysteria.

Financial markets crashing.

Wildly (imo) exagerated estimates of infections.

Political infighting over what should be a common cause.

Why can't everyone just say: Okay, we have a problem. Let's accurately measure/define it, identify our options for dealing with it and deal with it?

• Like 1