Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

She delivered it as a statement of fact when it wasn't and didn't have an at all adequate scientific basis.

If it had not been made as a statement of fact many, many orders of magnitude beyond the current experience and without sufficient data, she would not have walked it back.

You asked what my opinions were based on. This is an example. An unsubstantiated, probably unsubstantiatable and exagerated, and certainly alarming statement with little/no science behind it.

That kind of behaviour doesn't do anyone any good.

It does do good though.  It alerts people to the fact that the virus has been among us.

With an incubation period of 14 days, people could have been infected and shedding the virus a couple weeks ago despite no positive tests.

It illustrates the point that even though “no one is sick”, people may in fact be infected and spreading the disease unknowingly.  Hence the need for social distancing, etc.

Waiting for “facts” is a fools game in a situation like this.  The idea is to be ahead of the curve, not reacting to what’s verifiable at that exact time, specifically due to the long incubation period.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, it’s not the sole source of fluoride

I've read that you get more than enough fluoride from toothpaste alone.

Also heard that tap water also has hormones from birth control urine that doesn't get removed at the treatment plants which causes males to be more feminine and females to develop earlier.

Probably 25 year old knowledge though so I don't know if either are still considered facts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I've read that you get more than enough fluoride from toothpaste alone.

sounds reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Also heard that tap water also has hormones from birth control urine that doesn't get removed at the treatment plants which causes males to be more feminine and females to develop earlier.

it’s 2020 bro, no need to build in excuses for yourself.

• Like 2

"herd immunity"

"can be symptomless for weeks, but the answer is to huddle up indoors in an electrical box with everyone who has just been exposed for the past few weeks"

"we need a vaccine to protect us"

This is getting out of hand. I'll be with bruce in the bunker.

• Like 1