Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I thought the corona was overblown until the last couple days. This could get scary pretty quickly here. Crazy how fast things snowballed in Italy. 

Yeah anyone who isn’t getting this now is being willfully ignorant.

Im not saying people need to panic or this is end of days, but this is definitely the time for action.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Why haven't we been as alarmed or active in combating the flu?

Significantly higher mortality rates for one.  Italy is at about 6-7% right now.  Flu is like 0.1-0.2%. China is at like 2-3%, but they weren’t testing for a long time (not unlike here btw) and attributing a lot of possible deaths to things like pneumonia so who really knows? 

And I mean we have been, there’s a vaccine available that some people scoff at, and it’s available at just about every PCP office, pharmacy, minute clinic, urgent care and hospital, usually for free with insurance, every year.  

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I thought the corona was overblown until the last couple days. This could get scary pretty quickly here. Crazy how fast things snowballed in Italy. 

Yeah.

When billions of dollars is getting flushed down the drain like it is, my opinion changes.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

ESPN is praying either the NFL continues or somebody does something racist.

LOL

I was driving into work this morning listening to Fox Sports/ESPN (flipping back and forth) thinking to myself, "Wow, these guys are going to be MISERABLE trying to make things interesting for the next month".

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

I was driving into work this morning listening to Fox Sports/ESPN (flipping back and forth) thinking to myself, "Wow, these guys are going to be MISERABLE trying to make things interesting for the next month".

Oh NOW they’re going to be miserable huh?  😂 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Crazy how much can change in 48 hours.

As of now, Australian Rules Football League (which is carrying games on FS2 and Fox Soccer Plus) are planning on playing in empty stadiums.  

Looking for a great game to watch?  This is it.  Plus, it might just be the only game in town for a while.  New season beginning in less than a week.  

Brothers, I was working overnight assisting in putting in some new SD WAN switches....decided to run to Sam's first thing this morning (Advantage members can come in at 7am)....I got there at 7:45 this morning and there was a line from the registers (front of the store) to about 3/4 of the way to the Freezer/Cooler section......with 6 manned Registers open and 12 self checkout lanes open.....

I literally have never seen it that bad.

And I pissed people off as I only got 3 items LOL and was able to check out quick....you know folks give you the stink eye when they feel you've jumped line. But it was a SAM's I been going to for 15 years and I know the folks up in there.....Folks had FLAT carts of ham, pancake syrup, Bagels...I wont even get into the cases of water....I got a thing of Paper Towels, 1 case of water and a box of Dutch Masters LOL:D The lady that checked me out, went....wow that was easy....and I see your shopping like you normally do. I was thinking, this is going to be bad, but not untenable....and I also live alone and have 12 steaks in the freezer....I'm good.

I should have taken a picture and posted it. I can only IMAGINE what its going to look like in there when they open at 10 to everyone....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Brothers, I was working overnight assisting in putting in some new SD WAN switches....decided to run to Sam's first thing this morning (Advantage members can come in at 7am)....I got there at 7:45 this morning and there was a line from the registers (front of the store) to about 3/4 of the way to the Freezer/Cooler section......with 6 manned Registers open and 12 self checkout lanes open.....

I literally have never seen it that bad.

And I pissed people off as I only got 3 items LOL and was able to check out quick....you know folks give you the stink eye when they feel you've jumped line. But it was a SAM's I been going to for 15 years and I know the folks up in there.....Folks had FLAT carts of ham, pancake syrup, Bagels...I wont even get into the cases of water....I got a thing of Paper Towels, 1 case of water and a box of Dutch Masters LOL:D The lady that checked me out, went....wow that was easy....and I see your shopping like you normally do. I was thinking, this is going to be bad, but not untenable....and I also live alone and have 12 steaks in the freezer....I'm good.

I should have taken a picture and posted it. I can only IMAGINE what its going to look like in there when they open at 10 to everyone....

I went to Kroger yesterday. I go there about 3x a week, every week, as it’s around the corner and I forget something at the store every time I go. Or I get home and realize there’s one other ‘essential’ that’s needed. Like, shampoo since my wife uses like half the bottle with every shower. I digress. Anyways, I’ve never seen so many people on a mission. People speeding through aisles, grabbing TP, non-perishables, etc. Doomsday is certainly on people’s mind. It’s bad out here. 

• Like 1