Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Pretty cool.

May have liked it better if there weren't cameras there but still, pretty cool.

I'm inspired and will give my game check from my flag football game this Sunday to a homeless hooker I know in Wheeling. While it won't be much I don't expect much in return.

You're very kind. Call ESPN to see if they want to do an E:60 story on it. No use in being charitable unless it helps your #brand.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Anyone have sling box? How do you like it? Thinking about getting rid of my cable and going with sling box and amazon firestick. Sick of paying $220 a month. 

I like PS Vue better. I had it for a couple of months but had to cancel cause we moved in with the in laws while our house is being built. Only thing negative about the vue is you cant use it on xbox. If you have a fire stick, you can just play your vue through that. 

I posted this in another forum, but I wouldn't mind posting it here too:

Hey guys, I'll cut to the chase here.

Long story short, my wife and I purchased a vehicle one year ago brand new. It has less than 15,000 miles on it.

About 7 weeks ago, she (and our girls, aged almost 3 and 10 months) was driving through an intersection and the vehicle stalled out. Thankfully, no one was coming and she was able to get it to the side of the road. We took it in, and after 3-4 days, they determined that nothing was wrong/they couldn't find the issue, so they did a factor reset and all that fun stuff.

Yesterday, she again was driving, with our girls, and the SAME THING HAPPENED (she was driving straight down a road). The car said "fault engine/needs service", but after getting it started again, it seemed "fine".

They're getting us in tomorrow, but it's at the point now where my wife and I don't feel safe in the vehicle, especially with our girls.

If we get the same song and dance from the service center (it's factory dealer under warranty), what exactly should I do aside from raise you know what and tell them they WILL FIX IT. Do I demand a new car? Do I call Ford North America and go above them? Do I hire an attorney? I'm kind of at a loss here and unsure what to do.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I posted this in another forum, but I wouldn't mind posting it here too:

Hey guys, I'll cut to the chase here.

Long story short, my wife and I purchased a vehicle one year ago brand new. It has less than 15,000 miles on it.

About 7 weeks ago, she (and our girls, aged almost 3 and 10 months) was driving through an intersection and the vehicle stalled out. Thankfully, no one was coming and she was able to get it to the side of the road. We took it in, and after 3-4 days, they determined that nothing was wrong/they couldn't find the issue, so they did a factor reset and all that fun stuff.

Yesterday, she again was driving, with our girls, and the SAME THING HAPPENED (she was driving straight down a road). The car said "fault engine/needs service", but after getting it started again, it seemed "fine".

They're getting us in tomorrow, but it's at the point now where my wife and I don't feel safe in the vehicle, especially with our girls.

If we get the same song and dance from the service center (it's factory dealer under warranty), what exactly should I do aside from raise you know what and tell them they WILL FIX IT. Do I demand a new car? Do I call Ford North America and go above them? Do I hire an attorney? I'm kind of at a loss here and unsure what to do.

I wouldn't raise too much hell, more bees with honey and all that.

I'd explain the situation like you just did and ask what their next step is to resolve the issue. If they say "nothing, it's fine" I'd ask who you could speak to from Ford as "I understand you can't do anything, but that simply won't work for me and I need this to be resolved." That may be enough to get their attention, may not.  If they give you a number, contact them and see what they will do.  

Just keep in mind telling someone to go f*** themselves isn't going to help you. These folks get cussed out enough, show them some respect and be nice and I'm guessing they'll do whatever they can to help.

As far as an attorney, just know that once you start that process Ford and your dealer will most likely no longer communicate or work with you on the issue until the issue is resolved legally.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn't raise too much hell, more bees with honey and all that.

I'd explain the situation like you just did and ask what their next step is to resolve the issue. If they say "nothing, it's fine" I'd ask who you could speak to from Ford as "I understand you can't do anything, but that simply won't work for me and I need this to be resolved." That may be enough to get their attention, may not.  If they give you a number, contact them and see what they will do.  

Just keep in mind telling someone to go f*** themselves isn't going to help you. These folks get cussed out enough, show them some respect and be nice and I'm guessing they'll do whatever they can to help.

As far as an attorney, just know that once you start that process Ford and your dealer will most likely no longer communicate or work with you on the issue until the issue is resolved legally.

Roger that. Thanks.

I've never cussed anyone out and don't plan on it, and I've always tried the "more bees with honey" approach, because we're all human beings in the end, but I also want them to know how SERIOUS this is and that I take my family's safety very seriously.

Last time I felt like they kind of were like "oh well" and this time I don't want that to happen again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Roger that. Thanks.

I've never cussed anyone out and don't plan on it, and I've always tried the "more bees with honey" approach, because we're all human beings in the end, but I also want them to know how SERIOUS this is and that I take my family's safety very seriously.

Last time I felt like they kind of were like "oh well" and this time I don't want that to happen again.

I would just make it clear that doing nothing isn't going to be an option and you'll need to speak to the person who can handle it.  Make a point of the fact it was your wife and kids who got stranded, most folks with kids will understand your concern and frustration at that point.  

Thank them for their help.  In my experience if people feel appreciated they go the extra mile for you.

I'd have to imagine Ford will make this right though, but I don't know too much about them other than the fact they should come with a heated bumper ;) #RAM

• Like 1

@LETSGOBROWNIES

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers/Consumer-Tips/Consumer-Tips-Auto/Lemon-Laws

So, if I'm reading this right, the issue is at 18,000 miles OR one year, whichever comes first. So, the issue would be the FIRST DAY that I brought it in and they were unable to fix it, correct? That would be less than a year and less than 18,000 miles.

If it were today, then it's barely over a year.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How has life been for everyone?

In Jackson this week (I may hav mentioned that a couple dozen times) checking out Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Just ate a filet mignon and creamed spinach with a huckleberry bourbon old fashioned to wash it down.

To say life is great would be an understatement.

How about you bud?