Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

As a human being, and even closer to home, a father of an almost 3 year old daughter (and a nine month old daughter), the foul ball hitting that little toddler in the face at Yankee Stadium is truly heartbreaking.

This past Father's Day, my wife and my brother's wife surprised myself and my brother with tickets behind the dugout to an Indians game at Progressive Field. When we got there, we were behind the netting, which stretched all the way down the dugouts. I can say with certainty that it did not at all detract from my view or experience whatsoever and should be an automatic no brainer for EVERY SINGLE MLB team and minor league team. The Dayton Dragons have netting all the way down the foul lines and fans don't care at all.

How many people will it take to get struck with line drives? Balls are leaving bats at over 115 MPH, people look down at their phones, little kids come to games, people buy things from vendors...all it takes is one line drive at the wrong time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

As a human being, and even closer to home, a father of an almost 3 year old daughter (and a nine month old daughter), the foul ball hitting that little toddler in the face at Yankee Stadium is truly heartbreaking.

This past Father's Day, my wife and my brother's wife surprised myself and my brother with tickets behind the dugout to an Indians game at Progressive Field. When we got there, we were behind the netting, which stretched all the way down the dugouts. I can say with certainty that it did not at all detract from my view or experience whatsoever and should be an automatic no brainer for EVERY SINGLE MLB team and minor league team. The Dayton Dragons have netting all the way down the foul lines and fans don't care at all.

How many people will it take to get struck with line drives? Balls are leaving bats at over 115 MPH, people look down at their phones, little kids come to games, people buy things from vendors...all it takes is one line drive at the wrong time.

Agreed, this should have been done years ago.

It's irresponsible not to IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is that kid ok btw?  I didn't watch the video.

Because of HIPPA laws/etc., they can't tell us whether or not she is. However, her dad/grandpa were interviewed and said that they weren't sure whether or not she'd require surgery but second/third hand information suggests she should be ok, which is GREAT.

I wouldn't recommend watching the video. Thankfully you couldn't see much, but Todd Frasier literally started crying (he hit the ball) and so did the third baseman. Horrible stuff.

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Because of HIPPA laws/etc., they can't tell us whether or not she is. However, her dad/grandpa were interviewed and said that they weren't sure whether or not she'd require surgery but second/third hand information suggests she should be ok, which is GREAT.

I wouldn't recommend watching the video. Thankfully you couldn't see much, but Todd Frasier literally started crying (he hit the ball) and so did the third baseman. Horrible stuff.

I saw a video of it, no one looked like they were crying. They sure as hell looked very concerned about what was going out but I dont think it brought anyone to tears. 

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I saw a video of it, no one looked like they were crying. They sure as hell looked very concerned about what was going out but I dont think it brought anyone to tears. 

Then you didn't see Todd Frazier post game interview. Get a clue dude I wouldn't make something like that up.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Deshaun Watson did something pretty darned cool recently.

Pretty cool.

May have liked it better if there weren't cameras there but still, pretty cool.

I'm inspired and will give my game check from my flag football game this Sunday to a homeless hooker I know in Wheeling. While it won't be much I don't expect much in return.

• Like 2