Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Micah Potters plus/minus when he is getting minutes is astoundingly awful. It has to be. Really, REALLY OSU getting beat on 2nd chance points and that lefty reigning 3’s was the difference. 

Team loses KBD (likely), Tate, and Williams. I’m anticipating a decent step backwards next year. 

I thought this years team was going to be awful. Losing KBD and Tate will hurt a lot. However, our depth and size will be better.

NCAA Wrestling Championships this past weekend in Cleveland.  I did not go, but watched quite a bite of it on TV.  Some great competition, and OSU was bested again in the team totals by PSU.  This was the year that they "should" have won.

Props to Kyle Snyder.  He won another championship at heavyweight against a much bigger opponent from Michigan.  Pretty cool having an Olympic champ from OSU.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

NCAA Wrestling Championships this past weekend in Cleveland.  I did not go, but watched quite a bite of it on TV.  Some great competition, and OSU was bested again in the team totals by PSU.  This was the year that they "should" have won.

Props to Kyle Snyder.  He won another championship at heavyweight against a much bigger opponent from Michigan.  Pretty cool having an Olympic champ from OSU.

I was following along too, glad Snyder won, that kid beat him a few weeks ago.

I don’t know if non-wresting fans appreciate just how much of a badmotherf***er Kyle Snyder is. Winning a heavyweight championship at 220 or whatever he is?  Man...

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was following along too, glad Snyder won, that kid beat him a few weeks ago.

I don’t know if non-wresting fans appreciate just how much of a badmotherf***er Kyle Snyder is. Winning a heavyweight championship at 220 or whatever he is?  Man...

That sport is way more popular than I thought.  Tickets were going for crazy money downtown for all the sessions.  I am surprised there isn't more coverage on ESPN. 

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

That sport is way more popular than I thought.  Tickets were going for crazy money downtown for all the sessions.  I am surprised there isn't more coverage on ESPN. 

Well ESPN had the title matches at 8pm on ESPN2. It was entertaining.

i think it was a great idea having it in Cleveland. It’s a hot bed for wrestling when you have one of the nationals best programs just down the road in St. Ed’s.

it sucks how tOSU lost the team title. They were inches away from winning it when the PSU wrestler was able to flip him to get the pin. It was a crazy match at 185. 

Synder Coon match was crazy. Synder was 227 I think they said and Coon was 283. Funny part is the will be drill parts for the next couple of years. Both should make team USA. Crazy that Coon was an Areo space major and is working on his master in it as well. 

Question to the people who live in Northeast Ohio. Where would be the best place to buy a large quantity of paint! Wife and I need to buy around 45gallons of Kilz primer paint to paint the interior of our house. I could go to Home Depot and buy 5gal containers for $49 a pop but there has to be a place that could give me a deal for buying close to 50 gallons. 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Question to the people who live in Northeast Ohio. Where would be the best place to buy a large quantity of paint! Wife and I need to buy around 45gallons of Kilz primer paint to paint the interior of our house. I could go to Home Depot and buy 5gal containers for $49 a pop but there has to be a place that could give me a deal for buying close to 50 gallons. 

Call a Sherman Williams or some place like that and see what they’ll do for you.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Call a Sherman Williams or some place like that and see what they’ll do for you.

I looked up Sherman Williams and they dont carry Kilz brand. Also for their cheapest drywall primer in 5gallon is $129

Edited by buno67

42 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

@buno67  45 GALLONS?  What the hell?  Did Dexter forget to bring the plastic sheeting when he had his latest encounter with his "dark passenger"?  

It’s a freshly built house, so it’s bare drywall. Builder says the walls are going to soak up a lot of paint. We also have a lot of wall surface area too. 

• Like 1

Believe me, I am not excited about painting everything ourselves. I know a professional painter and had him come out and give us a quote of everything. He said it would cost him around $28k. Wife and I said we are painting it ourselves. We asked him why it’s so much, he said it’s a large house, it’s going to take a lot of paint because it’s fresh dry wall, all the trim, doors, and prep adds up. 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well ESPN had the title matches at 8pm on ESPN2. It was entertaining.

i think it was a great idea having it in Cleveland. It’s a hot bed for wrestling when you have one of the nationals best programs just down the road in St. Ed’s.

it sucks how tOSU lost the team title. They were inches away from winning it when the PSU wrestler was able to flip him to get the pin. It was a crazy match at 185. 

Synder Coon match was crazy. Synder was 227 I think they said and Coon was 283. Funny part is the will be drill parts for the next couple of years. Both should make team USA. Crazy that Coon was an Areo space major and is working on his master in it as well. 

It was a great match. Coon will have a difficult time beating out Nick Gwiazdowski. Gwiazdowski beat him at the NCAAs when Snyder was a freshman and lost in the finals at 197. Coon might have improved and he definitely looks athletic and strong enough to get better.