Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

https://twitter.com/DawgsByNature/status/970836497137008640

Joe Thomas has supposedly auditioned with Fox Sports, along with John Fox, formerly of the Bears.

large_112662165.jpg

I simply can’t imagine Joe Thomas’s last professional play is one where he was lying on the turf after an injury.

I think he comes back for one more go ‘round.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I simply can’t imagine Joe Thomas’s last professional play is one where he was lying on the turf after an injury.

I think he comes back for one more go ‘round.

I dont think he is retiring. I think this was the best time for him to put together a reel of off the field stuff because of all the free time he had. I cant see him not getting any offers to be a TV guy a couple years down the road. Dude is just smart and has set up his post-playing days alread 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont think he is retiring. I think this was the best time for him to put together a reel of off the field stuff because of all the free time he had. I cant see him not getting any offers to be a TV guy a couple years down the road. Dude is just smart and has set up his post-playing days alread 

Agreed.

He’s getting his ducks in a row for down the line.

On 3/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

1 month from baby being born. Can’t wait for my wife to no longer be pregnant. She’s been about as miserable as I am during Browns season. 

Congrats bro.

remember...breast feeding means you can’t help the baby, when the baby is hungry at 3am.

encourage breast feeding, at all costs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Congrats bro.

remember...breast feeding means you can’t help the baby, when the baby is hungry at 3am.

^^^^^^

Just remember “Honey, remember, breast milk provide passive immunity through maternal antibodies. You don’t want out baby to get sick do you?”

Sleep easy amigo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

^^^^^^

Just remember “Honey, remember, breast milk provide passive immunity through maternal antibodies. You don’t want out baby to get sick do you?”

Sleep easy amigo.

She’ll have her revenge by getting me to change diapers at night. Believe me, I won’t be sleeping. 

9 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Congrats bro.

It’s the greatest can’t-refute excuse ever. I have told my wife with both of our kids that I’d be happy to be the one to feed our babies if I ever start lactating. Promises I’ll never have to keep. 

No reason for both of you to be tired and grumpy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

She’ll have her revenge by getting me to change diapers at night. Believe me, I won’t be sleeping. 

Believe me.  

gdr.jpg

You won't be sleeping either.

Enjoy it.  There is nothing better than getting to be a dad......

Embrace every moment, because it flies by.  Mine are now 21 and 17, and I'm still trying to figure out how the hell that happened so fast.

30 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s the greatest can’t-refute excuse ever. I have told my wife with both of our kids that I’d be happy to be the one to feed our babies if I ever start lactating. Promises I’ll never have to keep. 

No reason for both of you to be tired and grumpy.

@sdrawkcab321 Natedawg is 100% right on this. Also, enjoy holding that little one ALL DAY and changing diapers throughout the day while your wife gets some much needed R&R. She'll think that you're the best for having the TV on and watching sports non-stop while you're taking care of the baby. It's something that you probably would have done anyway, but since you're caring for the kid, she'll think the world of you. I know from this experience twice, soon to be thrice in July. Dad level: All Pro

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

He’s getting his ducks in a row for down the line.

He has had a lot of time to set things up and now is just capitalizing on it. No better time to interview for places, put his name out there and what not. I think he could have one hell of a career in the booth, in the studio, or in a front office. 

On 3/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

1 month from baby being born. Can’t wait for my wife to no longer be pregnant. She’s been about as miserable as I am during Browns season. 

You think pre baby is bad, sometimes post baby is worse. Postpartum is a completely different beast. Do whatever mommy wants and sacerfice all that you can for the two of you. It will mean a lot later down the road. 

First 6weeks was completely brutal!

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@sdrawkcab321 Natedawg is 100% right on this. Also, enjoy holding that little one ALL DAY and changing diapers throughout the day while your wife gets some much needed R&R. She'll think that you're the best for having the TV on and watching sports non-stop while you're taking care of the baby. It's something that you probably would have done anyway, but since you're caring for the kid, she'll think the world of you. I know from this experience twice, soon to be thrice in July. Dad level: All Pro

To add to this, babies put me to sleep.

As in, I’m holding a baby watching a tv show or something in a recliner and before long I’m out.

You’re good to nap indefinitely. It’s incredible.

• Like 1