Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, we are going on weekdays that week, but I'm absolutely keeping that in mind. I just saw that they had a tiered 1, 2, and 3 carry out menu. My wife may very well want to take advantage of that and take the food back to our suite, and if so, I'm not going to say no to that. :) 

Be careful with carry out for something like that.

Dropping $200 bucks on dinner only to have lukewarm food wouldn’t be ideal. Nor would eating it with plastic sporks. 

Don’t half *** it.  Whole *** it.  Cocktail, appetizer, champagne, entree, split a dessert, maybe another drink.  

Save the carry out for Pizza Hut or whatever.

jmho 😝 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Be careful with carry out for something like that.

Dropping $200 bucks on dinner only to have lukewarm food wouldn’t be ideal. Nor would eating it with plastic sporks. 

Don’t half *** it.  Whole *** it.  Cocktail, appetizer, champagne, entree, split a dessert, maybe another drink.  

Save the carry out for Pizza Hut or whatever.

jmho 😝 

Yeah, a little clue about my wife and how awesome she is.

Last week, I gave her a list of places (the one @JDD mentioned was Mancy's Blue Water Grill but the rest I was clueless about), and she said "Let's do lunch there so we can eat for 1/2 of the price!!!"

I looked at her incredulously and reminded her that we were going on our 10 year anniversary...TO PERRYSBURG as opposed to a couple friend of ours going to Bora Bora. LOL. She's so low maintenance that sometimes I wish she'd spoil herself more.

I'm looking at talking her into TWO really nice upscale dinners out, and a couple of lower key lunch spots.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, a little clue about my wife and how awesome she is.

Last week, I gave her a list of places (the one @JDD mentioned was Mancy's Blue Water Grill but the rest I was clueless about), and she said "Let's do lunch there so we can eat for 1/2 of the price!!!"

I looked at her incredulously and reminded her that we were going on our 10 year anniversary...TO PERRYSBURG as opposed to a couple friend of ours going to Bora Bora. LOL. She's so low maintenance that sometimes I wish she'd spoil herself more.

I'm looking at talking her into TWO really nice upscale dinners out, and a couple of lower key lunch spots.

Honestly I can get you a good list of places if you want to eat and do stuff and break it down by area. I don't know what you are going to do with driving or Uber or if you drink and what not. You could literally go to the street Swig is on and hangout there all day. You can just jump from place to place all day. They might even have the street fair/farmers market when you are here. Maumee has a bunch of good places to eat places too. Like I said if you have some ideas of places you want to eat or things to do let me know. We have really nice metro parks here too, if you are into that sort of thing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDD said:

Honestly I can get you a good list of places if you want to eat and do stuff and break it down by area. I don't know what you are going to do with driving or Uber or if you drink and what not. You could literally go to the street Swig is on and hangout there all day. You can just jump from place to place all day. They might even have the street fair/farmers market when you are here. Maumee has a bunch of good places to eat places too. Like I said if you have some ideas of places you want to eat or things to do let me know. We have really nice metro parks here too, if you are into that sort of thing 

Thanks! I'm known as the 1 drink guy at my work (never been drunk, never will be), and my wife doesn't drink at all. Occasionally I will have a 2nd one if I'm just at home (1st half, 2nd half of a game for example). The good food portion and/or places with some cool ambiance would be in her wheelhouse (the good food for me). :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Thanks! I'm known as the 1 drink guy at my work (never been drunk, never will be), and my wife doesn't drink at all. Occasionally I will have a 2nd one if I'm just at home (1st half, 2nd half of a game for example). The good food portion and/or places with some cool ambiance would be in her wheelhouse (the good food for me). :) 

See that's good to know. This way it isn't booze heavy lol

Downtown Toledo:
Go to the Art Museum, its worth it. Its free to get into but cost $5 (might be more now) to park. The glass pavilion is across the street, they do glass blowing demo's and have a bunch of cool stuff to see. Highly recommend that

Then go to Manhattans on Adams for cheese curds and poutine or Poco Loco for Cuban and Mexican food

If it is nice you can park on the street there and walk over by the Mudhens stadium and eat at Tony Paco's for a Toledo favorite. if you want to go to the original that's across the river.

Directions in DT, if you are walking the streets are named so the presidents run into the river and the lakes are parallel with the river. If you get turned around Washington and Monroe are your two best bets. When you see numbered streets you are going west of the River and away from DT.

Side note: The farmers market is on Saturday mornings, and that is at the libbey glass outlet, can be fun

Maumee / Perrysburg:

I'd go to Sidecut metro park and go on a walk by the river and through some trails. The deer are so used to people they don't run away so its kind of cool to see. Its a nice park, it does get busy.

After that go to the village idiot for pizza or head over to the places by Swig.

Shopping:

I wish there was better places to go but Levis Commons and Fallen Timbers are both outdoor malls. Franklin Park Westfield is the main one. Small shops are kind of hard to find in a centralized area. 

Another place to look into going is Ann Arbor for a day trip. AA is a nice place outside of their football team. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How tf has someone both never been drunk and been a fan of this team for 2 decades?

Simple answer:

Like this team's cursed history of being a statistical anomaly, fans who are also statistical anomalies gravitate towards said team.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How tf has someone both never been drunk and been a fan of this team for 2 decades?

I was LITERALLY just thinking the same thing!!!!!!

I do feel a little bad now.....I am having my 2nd in the first hour of being home after work LOL.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I do feel a little bad now.....I am having my 2nd in the first hour of being home after work LOL.

I like bourbon, neat, and it takes me 30 minutes to enjoy sipping it. That's probably part of it. 

• Like 1