Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

man, I am so happy I stocked up on pool chlorine already. Bought enough to last me the pool season. The chlorine I bought off amazon has already doubled in priced! After tax, my order was around $44 and $40, just looked up the prices now and its at $85 before tax

Bad policy and crazy spending induced inflation here we come!

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I bet in bruce’s world this all started January 20th of this year too. 😂 

*Checks the last 4 administrations and spending*

*Checks the current debt of our country*

*Checks the last 4 administrations trying to solve issues by debt mounting and stealing from government pensions and social security, kicking the can down the road*

*Checks my financial outlook in 25-30 years*

*Remembers that I'm stashing money away outside of my pension into my privatized mutual fund portfolio*

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Checks the last 4 administrations and spending*

*Checks the current debt of our country*

*Checks the last 4 administrations trying to solve issues by debt mounting and stealing from government pensions and social security, kicking the can down the road*

*Checks my financial outlook in 25-30 years*

*Remembers that I'm stashing money away outside of my pension into my privatized mutual fund portfolio*

Creeping Parks And Recreation GIF

Pension?  What’s that?

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Bad policy and crazy spending induced inflation here we come!

its not inflation. there was a record sales with pools last year. the ppl who installed my pool said they were scheduled to install pools as late as October last year. Now you have all these pool owners, who need chemicals for the pools. its basic supply and demand. 

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

its not inflation. there was a record sales with pools last year. the ppl who installed my pool said they were scheduled to install pools as late as October last year. Now you have all these pool owners, who need chemicals for the pools. its basic supply and demand. 

Yep.

Lots of people lost jobs, income, etc., but those who didn’t by and large had a banner year financially.

Work continued and the stuff people typically spend money on such as travel, dining out, etc, was spent elsewhere.

People bought toys (Luxury watch market is absurd right now for example) and went all in on home improvements, including pools.

All of the prices increases are supply and demand surges due to production reduction over the last year paired with the previously mentioned increase in demand.

Pair that with the absurd FOMO that people have here and as soon as things become scarce, hell even just increase in price, people start panic buying and hoarding.  (See: ammo, guns, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, gas in the south right now, etc).  I’m sure somewhere there’s some moron who bought 10 years worth of pool supplies because he’s either utterly terrified he’ll never get his favorite product again or is speculating he can flip it for a profit.

This will level out in time, but it’s not going to be immediate and it was 100% inevitable.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This will level out in time, but it’s not going to be immediate and it was 100% inevitable.

Throw in the sociological factors such as COVID shutting down some lumber mills and the 3+ month turnover it takes to kickstart it from the time it gets to the mill to the distributor, the housing market being NUTS right now, some of the lowest interest rates in history, people not being able to do anything else during COVID, having a lot of time on their hands for projects, and 5 digit stimulus checks within a 12 month span to spend things on...combined with everything else that you said that's 100% spot on.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

Lots of people lost jobs, income, etc., but those who didn’t by and large had a banner year financially.

Work continued and the stuff people typically spend money on such as travel, dining out, etc, was spent elsewhere.

People bought toys (Luxury watch market is absurd right now for example) and

bingo. we spent our vacation money and dining out, and activity money like taking kids to amusement parks/water parks/ Zoos and put it into a pool and deck 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.

People bought toys (Luxury watch market is absurd right now for example) and went all in on home improvements, including pools.

All of the prices increases are supply and demand surges due to production reduction over the last year paired with the previously mentioned increase in demand.

Pair that with the absurd FOMO that people have here and as soon as things become scarce, hell even just increase in price, people start panic buying and hoarding.  (See: ammo, guns, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, gas in the south right now, etc).  I’m sure somewhere there’s some moron who bought 10 years worth of pool supplies because he’s either utterly terrified he’ll never get his favorite product again or is speculating he can flip it for a profit.

Damn we are lame. We just used extra money to pay down the house. We should have bought a pool

• Like 3