Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why do I get the feeling this is probably Dominos quality pizza for $30 a pie but you just irrationally overrate it?

(this is a joke re: your love of Jarvis, don’t get huffy buster)

THE greatest pizza ever produced in the history of mankind. All of the toppings under the cheese and each slice is like 2" thick. The bottom is crispy but the top is cheesy goodness. Best ever.

Polyeyes stuffed breadsticks are amazing but their pizza is average. Myles has 11/10 pizza.

2685352731_e6aae084e2.jpg?v=0

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

THE greatest pizza ever produced in the history of mankind. All of the toppings under the cheese and each slice is like 2" thick. The bottom is crispy but the top is cheesy goodness. Best ever.

Polyeyes stuffed breadsticks are amazing but their pizza is average. Myles has 11/10 pizza.

2685352731_e6aae084e2.jpg?v=0

Myles Pizza Pub!

Season 2 Premiere GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

I absolutely LOVED it when I was at BG. 

I must admit that it is also the absolute BEST cold pizza the next day.  

Pretty sure that this is where Jay Cawford got the idea for his show.  

Absolutely the best calories I'm still carrying around my midsection 30 years after graduating!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Myles Pizza better.......still to this day the greatest pizza I have ever had in my life. Breadsticks from Polyeyes were great, but nothing hit the spot like that Myles Pizza late night.

Myles is no more.

the closed up shop and moved to one of the Carolina’s.

that is now the Myles pizza location.

Edited by malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why do I get the feeling this is probably Dominos quality pizza for $30 a pie but you just irrationally overrate it?

(this is a joke re: your love of Jarvis, don’t get huffy buster)

It’s was the exact opposite of any chain pizza.

it was very good but I was done eating after 2 pieces....too much cheese for me

31 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Myles is no more.

the closed up shop and moved to one of the Carolina’s.

that is now the Myles pizza location.

I know it sucks. I actually saw their Facebook account and apparently they ship pizzas nationwide. Its like $55 though. So technically you can still get Myles pizza delivered, but its going to cost you about 3x the normal amount to ship

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know it sucks. I actually saw their Facebook account and apparently they ship pizzas nationwide. Its like $55 though. So technically you can still get Myles pizza delivered, but its going to cost you about 3x the normal amount to ship

That is mainly beause the pie weighs 27.32 pounds.  :)

• Like 1

Go Rockets

So Myles did close but there are at least 2 places I know in the Toledo area that are the “same” recipe. 

514 pizza. This the address of Myles 

Halftime Pizza

both are those heavy pizzas with tons of cheese. It’s about $26 for a large but 2 pieces is good enough to be full

41 minutes ago, JDD said:

Go Rockets

So Myles did close but there are at least 2 places I know in the Toledo area that are the “same” recipe. 

514 pizza. This the address of Myles 

Halftime Pizza

both are those heavy pizzas with tons of cheese. It’s about $26 for a large but 2 pieces is good enough to be full

Yeah I saw that, Pizza Pub 516 or whatever its called did a helluva job trying to basically carbon copy Myles so people wernt too sad that it left. Im sure the sauce is different and little things here and there but they essentially took what made Myles Pizza great and stuck to it. I still have never had a pizza like the way they do theirs and its been 10+ years since I left.

I emailed a local T-Shirt company and asked why they had all BG alum places on a shirt but didnt have one for Myles. Their answer to me was that they were trying extremely hard to get permission to use their logo for shirts and the owner wouldnt let it go after they closed and moved to SC. So thats why its basically impossible to find anything with a Myles logo on it.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Bold move taking on all of this positivity, but Myles is controversial. If you like Chicago style but cheese on top that is often very burnt, then you love it. Breadsticks are excellent, but as a townie, I always found it sad that BG was most known for a breadstick. I feel like much of the food was overrated because there were no better options. I feel like one of my old coworkers (used to work at BGSU) just punched me in the face just sensing I wrote that.

As for food options right next to where you are staying, Ya Ya Kitchen is within walking distance. I am sure the standard fair is good, but they have an authentic menu that has some amazing dishes. PM if you would like some specific recommendations. 

17 minutes ago, BgDawg said:

Bold move taking on all of this positivity, but Myles is controversial. If you like Chicago style but cheese on top that is often very burnt, then you love it. Breadsticks are excellent, but as a townie, I always found it sad that BG was most known for a breadstick. I feel like much of the food was overrated because there were no better options. I feel like one of my old coworkers (used to work at BGSU) just punched me in the face just sensing I wrote that.

As for food options right next to where you are staying, Ya Ya Kitchen is within walking distance. I am sure the standard fair is good, but they have an authentic menu that has some amazing dishes. PM if you would like some specific recommendations. 

Half Baked Reaction GIF

if they had a minor league baseball team....I’m 98% certain they would go by the BG Stuffed Sticks

Edited by malibuspeedrace
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BgDawg said:

I mean BG is a very very very small town that basically exists only because of the University. I never really expected it to be a hotbed for great local eating. The fact that Myles/Polyeyes were there and were as popular as they were is enough for me.

• Like 1

On another side note. How are yall watching the Indians? Now that the Cavs season is over, Im paying $90/mo just to have AT&T NOW strictly for Indians games--which is dumb. I could justify it when it was the Cavs/Indians overlapping but not with just one team playing.

I know Sinclair is still not doing deals with major streaming companies but I didnt know if there was a different solution to this. Unless the solution is just to not watch Indians games.

Edited by AkronsWitness