Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

43 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

On another side note. How are yall watching the Indians? Now that the Cavs season is over, Im paying $90/mo just to have AT&T NOW strictly for Indians games--which is dumb. I could justify it when it was the Cavs/Indians overlapping but not with just one team playing.

I know Sinclair is still not doing deals with major streaming companies but I didnt know if there was a different solution to this. Unless the solution is just to not watch Indians games.

Allll you have to do is have a father-in-law foolish enough to still have cable..

Just now, carl_sjunior said:

Allll you have to do is have a father-in-law foolish enough to still have cable..

Yeah I just cancelled AT&T Now, I also cancelled my Athletic subscription and my Playstation+ membership. 

Im going on a Spring cleaning-type of run right now of cancelling all of these stupid things I dont use anymore that is costing me a decent chunk of change.

I have Free Youtube TV, but they dont have regional sports. Booo.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

On another side note. How are yall watching the Indians? Now that the Cavs season is over, Im paying $90/mo just to have AT&T NOW strictly for Indians games--which is dumb. I could justify it when it was the Cavs/Indians overlapping but not with just one team playing.

I know Sinclair is still not doing deals with major streaming companies but I didnt know if there was a different solution to this. Unless the solution is just to not watch Indians games.

I am not.

and I am honestly to the point where I no longer need it in my life.

15 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

^ Yeah I just did the same. The sports got removed from Hulu Live. So luckily I had that solution I mentioned. Neither team is good enough to justify paying extra for right now. 

It's garbage.

Right, I think whenever I feel like watching them I will just stream it from somewhere sketchy on the interwebs.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean BG is a very very very small town that basically exists only because of the University. I never really expected it to be a hotbed for great local eating. The fact that Myles/Polyeyes were there and were as popular as they were is enough for me.

True, and I did appreciate both (though for Myles, the dirty DQ was awesome, all of the old blizzard flavors and you got double the amount paid for). In fact, I can state that the Browns actually bought me lunch at Myles once. The garlic bread was pretty awesome. BG is a tough city for any business to thrive when most of the population is gone for 4 months out of the year. Oh, if you want amazing coffee, check out Flatlands downtown. 

Also, if you want to see the robot revolution, there are about 150 delivery robots around campus, the number streets, and all the way to city park. 

12 minutes ago, BgDawg said:

True, and I did appreciate both (though for Myles, the dirty DQ was awesome, all of the old blizzard flavors and you got double the amount paid for). In fact, I can state that the Browns actually bought me lunch at Myles once. The garlic bread was pretty awesome. BG is a tough city for any business to thrive when most of the population is gone for 4 months out of the year. Oh, if you want amazing coffee, check out Flatlands downtown. 

Also, if you want to see the robot revolution, there are about 150 delivery robots around campus, the number streets, and all the way to city park. 

When I was there 07-11' there was the greatest business name I still reference to this day downtown. It was called Grounds For Thought and it was a coffee shop/bookstore and I thought it was the single greatest/most clever business name I have ever heard of.

I was last there (doing a Alumni lets go back to college and party for a weekend) probably 4-5 years ago. The place COMPLETELY changed since I graduated. There is a dining hall in Mac Beach now, all of Founders dorms are gone, new plazas going in everywhere by the Circle K on Wooster and my favorite bar Brathaus is now a 'bro bar'....shame.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

This looks like the time that I should chime in (yet again)....and toss this out there for you.  

More and more every day, I feel like the old lady at Jake Taylor's girlfriend's loft party.