Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

On 5/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, buno67 said:

man, I am so happy I stocked up on pool chlorine already. Bought enough to last me the pool season. The chlorine I bought off amazon has already doubled in priced! After tax, my order was around $44 and $40, just looked up the prices now and its at $85 before tax

https://www.yahoo.com/news/just-time-pool-season-chlorine-151932314.html

so the wife and I order out for food this past weekend. We have ordered from this place plenty of times but over the past 15months or so its been once. We call, we order, I order a full rack rib dinner and my wife gets 2 small orders of boneless wings. I go to pick it up, server tells me my total and my jaw nearly drops to the floor. Total was $64.97. The two small order of boneless wings was 17.99 an order. Not gonna be a D- bag and refuse. Pay for it and walk out. get home furious and vent to the wife... $35 for 20 boneless wings...

I somewhat understand charging for bone-in wings since their is a shortage but boneless wings are made out of chicken breast. I want to call and ask them for their though process on charging that much for boneless wings. Their chicken tender meals were no where near that expensive.

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

so the wife and I order out for food this past weekend. We have ordered from this place plenty of times but over the past 15months or so its been once. We call, we order, I order a full rack rib dinner and my wife gets 2 small orders of boneless wings. I go to pick it up, server tells me my total and my jaw nearly drops to the floor. Total was $64.97. The two small order of boneless wings was 17.99 an order. Not gonna be a D- bag and refuse. Pay for it and walk out. get home furious and vent to the wife... $35 for 20 boneless wings...

I somewhat understand charging for bone-in wings since their is a shortage but boneless wings are made out of chicken breast. I want to call and ask them for their though process on charging that much for boneless wings. Their chicken tender meals were no where near that expensive.

I was at a local place the other week and the waiter told me the reason wings were so expensive is because a case/carton of wings is $60 for the restaurant, but now the same case is $200 for them.

Basically don't eat wings right now lol They are triple the price they normally are

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was at a local place the other week and the waiter told me the reason wings were so expensive is because a case/carton of wings is $60 for the restaurant, but now the same case is $200 for them.

Basically don't eat wings right now lol They are triple the price they normally are

yeah bone-in wings are crazy expensive at the moment. Boneless wings have no reason to be that expensive 

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Time to stop building houses out of boneless wings and go back to inexpensive lumber.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mtmmike said:

high just wanted to say high to all veterans on board

PS MY DAD DIE IN VIETNAM NOVEMBER 23RD 1968.

Much thanks to him and all who perished so that we and our way of life could live.