Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Didn’t Hakim Warrick block that shot though? He was a first rounder I believe.

He did and was an underrated member of that team. Carmelo was for sure the star of that team but there were underrated good players on that team, Josh pace was a great defender and could hit a left handed runner like nobody’s business, Kueth Duaney was the glue man of that team and did everything good nothing great, billy Edelin was a great point for that team and wa the reason they beat Oklahoma State in that tournament. Jeremy McNeil came off the bench and was a shot blocking machine

Gentlemen....I've mentioned here that I'm working on a series of episodes for my podcast on "why I believe NFL fans would love the AFL".  This is the 4th installment of that series.  This is on is with the VP of the Melbourne Browns Backers group.  He's also been a Cleveland sports fan since the mid 80's.  Some great stories in this chat.  (Two others are recorded, but not released, including a chat with AFL and NFL great (1990's all-decade team) punter Darren Bennett.)  I invite you to check out this one if you'd like, and in the show notes are some links to a few youtube videos regarding the game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Nice little documentary on how crooked banks are. I particularly loved the montage starting around 20:00 on all of the illegal activities they engaged in (bribing politicians, funneling drug money, fraud, and others).

13 years later very little has changed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

13 years later very little has changed. 

One part kind of stood out in a sick way.

So a lot of mathematicians that helped design Cold War era weapons simply switched over to create algorithms that are slowly destroying society.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I guess the crypto bubble is finally bursting. You’re about to see a bank run Monday boys and girls!

Still think when it’s all said and done that Bitcoin is the only survivor.

I’m not gonna sit here and act like I’m a crypto or financial person….  I babysit adults for a living,What’s all this mean for like traditional banking 

7 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I’m not gonna sit here and act like I’m a crypto or financial person….  I babysit adults for a living,What’s all this mean for like traditional banking 

What it means is companies like Roku and Etsy who have over 1/4 of their company invested in these banks could be in legitimate trouble. The FDIC has basically said these banks will be bailed out but not their shareholders, which on one hand is good and on the other is super scary because it sends the message yet again that there isn’t an incentive for these banks to not make absurdly high risks because they’ll be bailed out.

Very “The Big Short” plot line without the entire systemic collapse of the 2007-2008 recession stuff here IMO.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

What it means is companies like Roku and Etsy who have over 1/4 of their company invested in these banks could be in legitimate trouble. The FDIC has basically said these banks will be bailed out but not their shareholders, which on one hand is good and on the other is super scary because it sends the message yet again that there isn’t an incentive for these banks to not make absurdly high risks because they’ll be bailed out.

Very “The Big Short” plot line without the entire systemic collapse of the 2007-2008 recession stuff here IMO.

If banks are going to keep being bailed out, it’s time to turn them into a utility. They want privatized gains, but act like commies when the music stops.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If banks are going to keep being bailed out, it’s time to turn them into a utility. They want privatized gains, but act like commies when the music stops.

The final 10 minutes of The Big Short summed it all up very well. Here we are again. More bailouts, zero accountability for risks/justification. They pocket the profits while getting bailed on the losses with shareholders caught holding the bag after being enabled all along the way.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That’s literally everything and everyone tbh.  When **** is going well and they’re making money they pound the table for capitalism and when they trip on their **** it’s the same “we’re all in this together” bullsht.

Pick a lane *******s.

Pay the 250k to each depositor and move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The final 10 minutes of The Big Short summed it all up very well. Here we are again. More bailouts, zero accountability for risks/justification. They pocket the profits while getting bailed on the losses with shareholders caught holding the bag after being enabled all along the way.

We saw it all during covid too. Politicians finger wagging individuals for not having 6 months savings and wanting a parade for giving everyone a couple grand over like 2 years while airlines are needing billion dollar bailouts after like TWO GODDAM WEEKS after years of stock buybacks and absurd executive compensation packages. 

No more bailouts without sweeping reform.

• Like 2