Broncos QB Chad Kelly arrested; released

Chargers

42 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

You guys and your guns. Literally no chance of being shot here for drunkenly ending up in the wrong house. I got given a   bed and breakfast the next morning when I  did that.

Was it the 1960s when that happened? 

The chances are much higher than zero of being shot when you break into somebody's house (dressed as a god damn cowboy no less) and act belligerent. He was beat with a vacuum tube and had the police called on him, so that's already far worse than being given a bed and breakfast.  

2 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Was it the 1960s when that happened? 

The chances are much higher than zero of being shot when you break into somebody's house (dressed as a god damn cowboy no less) and act belligerent. He was beat with a vacuum tube and had the police called on him, so that's already far worse than being given a bed and breakfast.  

He lives in New Zealand. Different culture altogether.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He lives in New Zealand. Different culture altogether.

We have had at least 2-3 shootings this year, but it was gang violence. 

3 times in the last 20 years I can remember a farmer has shot someone trying to break into their stuff/house. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I didn't even know who this guy was, is he remotely talented enough to be given all these chances?

Jim Kelly's nephew. Was the starter at Clemson, but was kicked off the team for "being a jerk" in essence (which opened the door for Deshaun Watson to lead Clemson to a National Title). Was a star at Eastern Mississippi Community College (the school on "Last Chance U" on Netflix - good show, highly suggest it). Parlayed that into a good career at Ole Miss, was considered a potential first rounder on talent alone (a torn ACL and the personality/behavior issues were a big part of that never materializing). Ended up as Mr. Irrelevant in 2017 to Denver.

Talent-wise, he had some great tools to work with. Athletic pocket passer, good arm, solid mechanics, good understanding of the game. Could have developed into something, but this probably torpedoes that chance.

This being said, Jim Kelly could pull some strings and get Chad in as the backup to Josh Allen - for the off the field issues, he's CONSIDERABLY better than Nathan Peterman.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jim Kelly's nephew. Was the starter at Clemson, but was kicked off the team for "being a jerk" in essence (which opened the door for Deshaun Watson to lead Clemson to a National Title). Was a star at Eastern Mississippi Community College (the school on "Last Chance U" on Netflix - good show, highly suggest it). Parlayed that into a good career at Ole Miss, was considered a potential first rounder on talent alone (a torn ACL and the personality/behavior issues were a big part of that never materializing).

Talent-wise, he had some great tools to work with. Athletic pocket passer, good arm, solid mechanics, good understanding of the game. Could have developed into something, but this probably torpedoes that chance.

This being said, Jim Kelly could pull some strings and get Chad in as the backup to Josh Allen - for the off the field issues, he's CONSIDERABLY better than Nathan Peterman.

Aren't there alot of QBs better than Peterman though? I heard he was a great QB in practice and thats why he is still there but I just dont get it

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Aren't there alot of QBs better than Peterman though? I heard he was a great QB in practice and thats why he is still there but I just dont get it

Fair, Peterman is pretty bad. I guess the thought was that Kelly had the chance to challenge for the starting job with enough work and luck...

On 10/24/2018 at 5:11 PM, ET80 said:

Jim Kelly's nephew. Was the starter at Clemson, but was kicked off the team for "being a jerk" in essence (which opened the door for Deshaun Watson to lead Clemson to a National Title). Was a star at Eastern Mississippi Community College (the school on "Last Chance U" on Netflix - good show, highly suggest it). Parlayed that into a good career at Ole Miss, was considered a potential first rounder on talent alone (a torn ACL and the personality/behavior issues were a big part of that never materializing). Ended up as Mr. Irrelevant in 2017 to Denver.

Doubt it. Jim, in fact, came to Chad's defense and vouched for him just before the draft and all that did was allow a 1st round talented arm to be Mr. Irrevelant. Chad will never be a backup in Buffalo, even with Peterman being our only option.

Archived