2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

47 minutes ago, matt27j said:

I'm with 5737. Almost want him to sign there for the extra fuel. Too many undrafted faces here now. Joinig the team now is like hopping on for a free ride. 

Could have kept the team as is, had a 1st and just picked up right where we left off. Who knows if these fa's will bring the same hunger the team showed last year. 

That is why you matter.

1 hour ago, matt27j said:

I'm with 5737. Almost want him to sign there for the extra fuel. Too many undrafted faces here now. Joinig the team now is like hopping on for a free ride. 

Could have kept the team as is, had a 1st and just picked up right where we left off. Who knows if these fa's will bring the same hunger the team showed last year. 

You know McCoy is dying to taste some success and see the playoffs. Pretty sure he hasn’t made it to the playoffs in his career and he wants to compete for a playoff spot and try for a title. Dude is going to be hungry and isn’t looking for one last paycheck 

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Just watching this charade, probably orchestrated with his agent, makes me indifferent as to whether he signs with us.

I think he still makes us better as a rotational player so I'd like to sign him but it isn't a big deal to us either way imo. He is dealing with a few different teams and maybe his (agent's) main motivation is money and that is where he signs or maybe he is looking at who he personally likes better from the groups he talks to and he signs there, whatever. If it's about winning he should go to the Patriots, they have the track record even if Brady is aging. Odds are that is his best chance at a title.

I hold no ill will towards him or the decision he makes. If he doesn't end up wearing orange and brown he simply won't matter. If he wears Raven purple I won't like him at all but that is just a byproduct of his decision not anything personal towards him.

I'm also buzzing for the first time in awhile and the first time during my vacation so... if something doesn't make sense that is my excuse. Maybe tomorrow my opinion changes, I am keeping that option available.

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm also buzzing for the first time in awhile and the first time during my vacation so... if something doesn't make sense that is my excuse. Maybe tomorrow my opinion changes, I am keeping that option available.

No worries, we’re used to you not making sense.  You go anywhere on vacation or just not to work?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No worries, we’re used to you not making sense.  You go anywhere on vacation or just not to work?

True, true.

Didn't really go anywhere just went back to the homestead and visited my parents and worked on some stuff around the house because dad isn't capable to anymore. Fortunately the storms that hit Dayton missed Bellefontaine because I visited the following day. We were going to rent a cabin at Tappan lake because they accept pets and the last time we boarded our dog she got sick (probably not related but my wife won't board her anymore) but then I got called for jury duty so I had that miserable experience. I wouldn't recommend a trial jury if you are ever in WV and commit a crime. I also had to deal with some election stuff from work because I'm currently staff chair and things went to crap.

So my wife is bummed about our staycation :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pnies20 said:

They’ve been showcasing Devalve in a lot of the OTA videos. He looks like he’s gained about 10 pounds. Looks good out there.

They need to be careful with Devalve, its the only way of letting out desteam.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Valid question.

He has so much potential but I feel like this is his last season here...

I’m not even sure he has a lot of potential. His workout numbers were amazing but he hasn’t shown any athleticism on the field. He looks slow. Has bad acceleration. He’s too short to play TE and not quick enough to play WR.