2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

I imagine if we sign Mosley it's all but certain Schobert would move to the outside.  It would be a pretty significant upgrade to our defense, that said I think we can do alright with the LBs we have already and an actual rotation at DT.  I'd rather Dorsey do something more frugal to make that happen than write a fat check on a run stuffing MLB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Haven’t read any buzz on Perriman. Wondering if the FO has completely moved on or if there’s a chance that a disappointing market could land him back here on another prove it deal. 

It will come down to what happens to tyrell William's is value is probably around 4-40 million. 

If we dont ger William's o could see us bringing perriman back on deal like funchess 1 year uptown 13 million base of 7.

More buzz on Mosley wanting to stay. Whether he gets in the ballpark from Baltimore is the question, but I question it given they had the chance to tag him and didn’t. 

Rotoworld also reporting Eric Berry is likely to get cut, with Badger signing on.  

I have seen 3 separate accounts of people saying today that Joe Schobert is overrated and is average. Citing his lack of impact plays being the reason why he is replaceable.

Can somebody explain this or are we just at the point where Browns fans have big heads because of finally being hopefully good that we are suddenly too good for Schobert.

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I have seen 3 separate accounts of people saying today that Joe Schobert is overrated and is average. Citing his lack of impact plays being the reason why he is replaceable.

Can somebody explain this or are we just at the point where Browns fans have big heads because of finally being hopefully good that we are suddenly too good for Schobert.

Everyone like him in coverage and dislikes him as a tackler. 

I want him, but we sure need an ace beside him.

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

@NudeTayne

Lol I actually like Roby 

hes played like trash but as a nickel corner he played a lot better 

has first round talent if we don’t have to overpay I’m for it

I thought his deal was that Denver moved him to safety (he's pretty fast) where he wasn't as effective. Sort of like a reverse Randell, maybe the thought is to move him back from safety to corner. 

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Overrated doesn’t mean bad per se.

For example, if you were to say he’s a good MLB, I’d agree.

If you were to say he’s as good as Mosley, I’d tell you you’re overrating him.

Adding a top shelf MLB like Mosley is a no brainer imo if you’re able.  Having a guy like Schobert shouldn’t impact that decision one way or another.