2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

the giants also had LBs getting to the QB. 

but again, there LBs are able to get after the QB because of their talented top3DL.

Browns need to find a legit starting front 4 before they go crazy and finding everything else. Having a legit front 4 can build depth because then you can trust that 3/4 starters can get after it when their is a back up in. This year, the Browns had to ride their 2 best starters because they couldnt afford not to.

Those Giants team were able to rest an Osi because they had Strahan and Tuck, or rest Tuck because they had Osi and Strahan on the field, or rest Strahan because Osi and Tuck were on the field. Same with the Eagles having a combo of at least 3 on the field at times with Long, Graham, Curry, Barrnet, Cox, Allen, and Jerigan, works. Browns literally had no combo that didnt include Ogun and Garrett in it that would work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

but again, there LBs are able to get after the QB because of their talented top3DL.

Browns need to find a legit starting front 4 before they go crazy and finding everything else. Having a legit front 4 can build depth because then you can trust that 3/4 starters can get after it when their is a back up in. This year, the Browns had to ride their 2 best starters because they couldnt afford not to.

Those Giants team were able to rest an Osi because they had Strahan and Tuck, or rest Tuck because they had Osi and Strahan on the field, or rest Strahan because Osi and Tuck were on the field. Same with the Eagles having a combo of at least 3 on the field at times with Long, Graham, Curry, Barrnet, Cox, Allen, and Jerigan, works. Browns literally had no combo that didnt include Ogun and Garrett in it that would work.

those players that you mentioned were all good in their own right. 

The eagles guys are all legit players in the NFL.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

those players that you mentioned were all good in their own right. 

The eagles guys are all legit players in the NFL.

Jernigan is nothing special and the same with Allen. But when they were paired with Cox and those DEs they became a lot better. 

Browns need to focus on getting the starting DL built before you worry about creating this amazing depth. Eagles DL wasn’t nearly as good as it was last year. They added more well known players and still didn’t reproduce the similar results. They had Nagate and Bennett as additions too. 

On 1/21/2019 at 7:12 AM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Yes you are right I meant on the d-line. Not on the overall team obviously. 

Ya know, there is a really sweet thought I have had in my head for quite a while regarding our d line. Plug in Dre'Mont Jones next to Larry Ogunjobi. Now you have that penetrating pass rush from the interior x2. And Dre'Mont ain't horrible as a run stuffer too.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Ya know, there is a really sweet thought I have had in my head for quite a while regarding our d line. Plug in Dre'Mont Jones next to Larry Ogunjobi. Now you have that penetrating pass rush from the interior x2. And Dre'Mont ain't horrible as a run stuffer too.

I wouldn't be pissed if they grabbed Jones with the 17th pick or if they did a trade down between 20-25 and grabbed him. I think he is kinda an underrated DT and would fit perfect. I also like Wilkins at 17 too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

If he is released, do we entertain the thought of bringing him in on a team friendly incentive laden contract? Or his track record of lack of availability the kill shot to this scenario?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6558/jimmy-smith

Yeah, sure.

I also just realized he’s gonna be 31.  Time flies...

8 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I wouldn't be pissed if they grabbed Jones with the 17th pick or if they did a trade down between 20-25 and grabbed him. I think he is kinda an underrated DT and would fit perfect.

Your most surprising take yet.

3 hours ago, pnies20 said:

6'4 7/8" and 34" arms ;-)

Your pettiness to go back months for a quote is truly breathtaking. I wish I could take credit for taking you under my wing.

I take credit for taking you under my wing.

• Like 2

Our DL could be nasty with a few moves.

1. Sign Michael Pierce (Star) and Markus Golden (Fringe starter)

2. Draft Joe Jackson in the 2nd round (I can't believe he's being mocked here consistently but ok)

LE: Ogbah/Jackson
DT: Pierce/Ogunjobi/Zettel/Coley
RE: Garrett/Golden

That's a loaded up DL with 2-3 legit stars on it.