2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The guys here don’t understand even an average QB are hard to come by.

Not really.  By definition half the league has an average or better QB.  But I get what you are saying.  Competent, efficient, and productive are  better adjectives.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Not really.  By definition half the league has an average or better QB.  But I get what you are saying.  Competent, efficient, and productive are  better adjectives.

Just think about how many good to average QB come out of a draft on a yearly basis.

1 maybe 2 a year

I didn't realize how much money the Raiders are expected to have next season. I anticipate that after cuts, the team will have around $100 million in cap space to spend. Couple that with the allure of Nevada's no state tax, and I think the team can land some pretty "big fish." Also, the class on the defensive front seven looks pretty deep even before cuts.

DeMarcus Lawrence, Brandon Graham, Ezekiel Ansah, Preston Smith, Brian Orakpo, Clay Matthews, Cameron Wake, Dante Fowler, Aaron Lynch, *Anthony Barr, Jadaveon Clowney, Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, Dee Ford, K.J. Wright, Avery Williamson, Deone Bucannon, Denzel Perryman.

Not bad for positions of need. I wouldn't mind landing three or four of these guys.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I didn't realize how much money the Raiders are expected to have next season. I anticipate that after cuts, the team will have around $100 million in cap space to spend. Couple that with the allure of Nevada's no state tax, and I think the team can land some pretty "big fish." Also, the class on the defensive front seven looks pretty deep even before cuts.

DeMarcus Lawrence, Brandon Graham, Ezekiel Ansah, Preston Smith, Brian Orakpo, Clay Matthews, Cameron Wake, Dante Fowler, Aaron Lynch, *Anthony Barr, Jadaveon Clowney, Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, Dee Ford, K.J. Wright, Avery Williamson, Deone Bucannon, Denzel Perryman.

Not bad for positions of need. I wouldn't mind landing three or four of these guys.

Do we have the cash to sign them?  We have had so many years with a ton of cap space but come up empty.  Our problem is not the cap but the cash.  We could easily have $120 cap space depending on who we get rid of but it will not help that much.  Imagine a front seven of:

Lawrence - Quinnen Williams - Hurst - Fowler

Barr - Bush - Wright

I wouldn’t use a high pick on an offensive skill position player, especially this year. Go for impact defenders with the three firsts and the 2nd, and upgrade at WR through free agency. The real question is if they can make a move in FA akin to when they signed Crabtree. That seems to be more beneficial route to take towards building the team imo. 

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not paying Mack, then turning around and paying Lawrence? How's the optics on that work?

Lawrence shouldn't cost nearly as much as Mack imo.

Edit: Plus adding a couple high draft picks and a cheaper contract just may be worth the gap between Mack and Lawrence. Maybe. Doubt it. But maybe.

Archived