2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

This is what I would do:

Re-sign: 

Jared Cook TE 
He is Carr’s best weapon this year and while he have some drop issues and he seemed to check out during the season, we could definately use him. I would bring him back if he is on board with Carr, Gruden and the system. He could ask for a top end TE contract on a short, medium deal with his age IMO. I would be willing to give him a 3 year deal for 24M with guaranteed 12M. Guaranteed 8M in year one, 4M guaranteed from the 8M in year 2 and no guarantees for the 3rd year (8M). 

Johnathan Hankins DT 
He is a solid run stopper, who should look for a deal similar to our own Jelly. I would bump it up a little because of the cap increase and ink him for 3 years and 15M with guarantees in the first and second seasons like in Cook’s case. 

Martavis Bryant WR 
I would really like to see him in the final games, since I can really see his place in this offense. I would definately try to bring him back on a prove it deal. He needs to show that he can stay out of trouble and he needs to show up some stats in order to get paid in 2020. I would offer him a 1 year 4M deal. 

Jon Feliciano OL 
I like the fact that he can play any interior position and that he knows our system already. This year he played around KO’s level when he needed to jump in and while that is not too high of a standard this year, we should still try to bring him back on a solid deal. 3year for 6M. 

C.J. Anderson RB 
I would bring him back, since I think he is a younger, better version of D.Martin. 2year for 4M. 

Sign to a tender: 

Jalen Richard RB to a 2nd round RFA tender 
Richard is a great weapon in this scheme. I would even consider to sign him to an extension, the RFA tender is the minimum IMO. 

Daryl Worley CB to a 2nd round RFA tender 
He is a solid CB and should worth that contract. I would try to upgrade the #2 spot after this tender and keep him as depth, since we can easily afford it. 

Erik Harris S/ST to an original round tender 
He is a good ST player and has some S ability too, so this is a no brainer IMO. 

I would bring back the following ERFA guys at least till TC: Shilique Calhoun, Trent Sieg, Jason Cabinda, Daniel Carlson, Marcell Ateman, Keon Hatcher 

FA market: 

Tyrell Williams WR 
He is a big bodied reciever with good production. Carr seems to be comfortable with the bigger, phisical recievers, so I would bring him one here. I think there will be multiple offers for him, so I think we might need to give him a 3 year 21M deal with 1st and 2nd year guarantees around 10-12M. 

Tye Nsekhe OT 
He might be one of the best back up OT’s around. He would arrive from a similar OL scheme and would have a chance to battle with the young guys. We can afford to offer him a solid deal for his stop gap services. 2year 10M 

Ramon Foster OG 
Foster is a quality OG and I wouldn’t be worried about his age at this stage. He could be a nice stop gap for us and we could provinde him with a nice last deal. If we grab the Steelers ***.OL coach this could be an even better fit IMO. 2year 12M 

Preston Smith ED 
Smith has the size, length what PG seemed to prefer in Cincy and he could be a nice starter for us. Ford, Clowney, Flowers and Graham could form the tier 1 this year and we should be able to get a tier 2 guy for good value in Smith. 4years 48M, 24M guaranteed similarly set like the Cook deal. 

Jordan Hicks LB 
The Eagles might not have the space to bring him back and we could have the chance to land an impact LB via FA. With the money and space created by Tahir’s cut we should feel free to give a strong offer to Hicks, who could come in and form a solid group with Lee, Cabinda and Morrow IMO. 4year 36M, 18M guaranteed. 

Darqueze Dennard CB 
He was a better player under PG, so I would guess the interest would be there for both sides. He could come in and compete with Worley for the #2 spot. I would offer him a 7M/year deal with year to year pay as you go structure. 

Tre Boston S 
He is a really good cover S, who could be a nice pair for Karl Joseph, who soldified his spot on this D recently IMO. He is a quality journey man, who should be happy to find a home for a few years. 3years 8M 

A Grade... very similar to what I would want to see....if they are dirt cheap I wouldn't be mad if we signed 2 of the 3 Martin, Lynch, or CJ... idc Lynch is a hall of famer and still had burst until his injury....kinda would want a better RT upgrade but overall great ideas....plus 10 picks, we can get back in the mix soon

• 2 weeks later...

People are freaking out over the peterman pickup as I alluded to last night. The Gruden mockery is getting really old. It’s not like we cut Carr and put him in as a starter. McCarron can’t practice this week. Might as well get a look at him. 

Checked out his picks from his first start. Two he was hit as he threw, one clanked off the fullbacks hands, and another looked like the wr gave up on the route. The other was kind of telegraphed. Granted, only one sample but it didn’t look like reading defenses was the issue.

I don’t see the issue with trying to develop a young qb. If it doesn’t work, draft another. Its also not like we were the only team that looked at him. I def think Carr has earned at least another year. Gruden’s number one task was “fixing” Carr. Looks like they are making steps at doing that. It hasn’t translated to wins, but progress is being made there. Ppl acted like bringing in Martin was the worst move ever, but he has played decent. Not setting the world on fire, but not the reason we are losing. (Except for maybe the colts game.)

I don’t want to open this up to another discussion about Mack, Cooper, Bryant, and taking Miller over James. Just saying I feel like the media is jumping on Gruden for every move, regardless of what it is, without even bothering to consider any of the facts. I am still skeptical as well, but most are overdoing it.

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

People are freaking out over the peterman pickup as I alluded to last night. The Gruden mockery is getting really old. It’s not like we cut Carr and put him in as a starter. McCarron can’t practice this week. Might as well get a look at him.

I was thinking the same. The Gruden bashing got old months ago. Gruden the TV personality and Gruden the coach are different people. Using his sound bites on Peterman is ridiculous. Like what's he going say as host of TV show? This guy sucks and will never make it? 

People want Gruden to fail.... it's what happens when you get that kind of contract. Social Media just likes to yell. I have a lot of doubt with Gruden, but man.... if he got the last laugh, it would be sweet. Imagine that 30 for 30 lol

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I was thinking the same. The Gruden bashing got old months ago. Gruden the TV personality and Gruden the coach are different people. Using his sound bites on Peterman is ridiculous. Like what's he going say as host of TV show? This guy sucks and will never make it? 

People want Gruden to fail.... it's what happens when you get that kind of contract. Social Media just likes to yell. I have a lot of doubt with Gruden, but man.... if he got the last laugh, it would be sweet. Imagine that 30 for 30 lol

I can also imagine a 30 for 30 titled "100 Million Regrets". Hope i'm wrong tho.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think many are concerned with the moves that have been made. A lot of fans never thought that both Mack and Cooper would traded 6 months ago. To them it’s not outside the realm of possibility that the raiders trade Carr and Gruden names Peterman as starter in the offseason. It’s totally insane but to many it could happen. I think the raider brain trust is losing the faith of many raider faithful and if they go to LV with a losing franchise they may not be able to recover financially. Look at the Chargers for example, they don’t have any kind of fans in LA and the did an in state move. I’m sure the only thing most casual fans know about the Raiders is they’ve been poor ran for the better part of 2 decades. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Why do people think we will get quality free agents in offseason? I'm assuming we are over paying for these guys. 

These players need to be sold on our organization and now that McKenzie is gone that means Gruden is our main pitch man.  The sell should be easy if they are signing for longer than a year with everything being 100% new in Vegas and the cash benefits in the state but the sell needs to be delivered correctly.  I would feel a lot better if we had a player like Mack to talk to free agents when they came in.  I do not think we have one player that is respected through out the league.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:03 PM, Rolni said:

This is what I would do:

Re-sign: 

Jared Cook TE 
He is Carr’s best weapon this year and while he have some drop issues and he seemed to check out during the season, we could definately use him. I would bring him back if he is on board with Carr, Gruden and the system. He could ask for a top end TE contract on a short, medium deal with his age IMO. I would be willing to give him a 3 year deal for 24M with guaranteed 12M. Guaranteed 8M in year one, 4M guaranteed from the 8M in year 2 and no guarantees for the 3rd year (8M). 

Johnathan Hankins DT 
He is a solid run stopper, who should look for a deal similar to our own Jelly. I would bump it up a little because of the cap increase and ink him for 3 years and 15M with guarantees in the first and second seasons like in Cook’s case. 

Martavis Bryant WR 
I would really like to see him in the final games, since I can really see his place in this offense. I would definately try to bring him back on a prove it deal. He needs to show that he can stay out of trouble and he needs to show up some stats in order to get paid in 2020. I would offer him a 1 year 4M deal. 

Jon Feliciano OL 
I like the fact that he can play any interior position and that he knows our system already. This year he played around KO’s level when he needed to jump in and while that is not too high of a standard this year, we should still try to bring him back on a solid deal. 3year for 6M. 

C.J. Anderson RB 
I would bring him back, since I think he is a younger, better version of D.Martin. 2year for 4M. 

Sign to a tender: 

Jalen Richard RB to a 2nd round RFA tender 
Richard is a great weapon in this scheme. I would even consider to sign him to an extension, the RFA tender is the minimum IMO. 

Daryl Worley CB to a 2nd round RFA tender 
He is a solid CB and should worth that contract. I would try to upgrade the #2 spot after this tender and keep him as depth, since we can easily afford it. 

Erik Harris S/ST to an original round tender 
He is a good ST player and has some S ability too, so this is a no brainer IMO. 

I would bring back the following ERFA guys at least till TC: Shilique Calhoun, Trent Sieg, Jason Cabinda, Daniel Carlson, Marcell Ateman, Keon Hatcher 

FA market: 

Tyrell Williams WR 
He is a big bodied reciever with good production. Carr seems to be comfortable with the bigger, phisical recievers, so I would bring him one here. I think there will be multiple offers for him, so I think we might need to give him a 3 year 21M deal with 1st and 2nd year guarantees around 10-12M. 

Tye Nsekhe OT 
He might be one of the best back up OT’s around. He would arrive from a similar OL scheme and would have a chance to battle with the young guys. We can afford to offer him a solid deal for his stop gap services. 2year 10M 

Ramon Foster OG 
Foster is a quality OG and I wouldn’t be worried about his age at this stage. He could be a nice stop gap for us and we could provinde him with a nice last deal. If we grab the Steelers ***.OL coach this could be an even better fit IMO. 2year 12M 

Preston Smith ED 
Smith has the size, length what PG seemed to prefer in Cincy and he could be a nice starter for us. Ford, Clowney, Flowers and Graham could form the tier 1 this year and we should be able to get a tier 2 guy for good value in Smith. 4years 48M, 24M guaranteed similarly set like the Cook deal. 

Jordan Hicks LB 
The Eagles might not have the space to bring him back and we could have the chance to land an impact LB via FA. With the money and space created by Tahir’s cut we should feel free to give a strong offer to Hicks, who could come in and form a solid group with Lee, Cabinda and Morrow IMO. 4year 36M, 18M guaranteed. 

Darqueze Dennard CB 
He was a better player under PG, so I would guess the interest would be there for both sides. He could come in and compete with Worley for the #2 spot. I would offer him a 7M/year deal with year to year pay as you go structure. 

Tre Boston S 
He is a really good cover S, who could be a nice pair for Karl Joseph, who soldified his spot on this D recently IMO. He is a quality journey man, who should be happy to find a home for a few years. 3years 8M 

I like a lot of the ideas but of course as of right now there's been some developments that mean we'll have to go in other directions, I'd look to do something similar and while I'm sure we'll have the cap space I'm not going to speculate on signing $$$:

RB - I'd look to keep Lynch if he's willing and if not, I'd look to bring in a guy like Ingram. I like Ajayi too but he may be too expensive for my taste.

WR - I like Enunwa but can see the appeal of Williams too, obviously Bryant is gone and forgotten

TE - Cook is a must re-sign for me 

OL - I'd bring Penn back if he's willing and look at a vet RT, none are certainties but Nsekhe I could agree with. I'd also bring back Feliciano unless he wants starter money as I'd look to keep the interior intact and change out the OL coach.

DE - My biggest priority, I'd love to sign Clowney but most seem to think he'll be re-signed by the Texans (as they should) so I'd like to go Flowers or Smith here in that order. They'll want big deals but I'd just bite the bullet and do it.  Add a top draft pick and suddenly this becomes a relative strength.

DT - I'd let Hankins walk as I think Ellis is better and the future may be Hall. Vanderdoes should be able to back up the base role, run stoppers also tend to fall in the draft and with such a good DL class we may pick up a bargain again. I'd look to the draft rather than FA to add to the 3T role alongside Hurst aswell. 

LB - Pending a health report, I'd look at Jake Ryan of the Packers, I really liked his game and he'd be worth the risk on a 'prove it deal' IMO. Also like Avery Williamson as a stop gap (while a rookie learns) and Hicks as you've said. I wouldn't spend too big on LB but I'd like one field marshall in there.

CB - Skrine I really like and would be an ideal slot corner, I'm sold on Conley as CB #1 and think Melvin could be the better option alongside though he may have burned his bridges. Worley has been hot and cold and I can accept that as a #2. Dennard would be a good pickup and a change of scenery and PG coaching could be the impetus he needs

S - I'm happy with KJ and Harris is a good role player but I'd go for Earl if I could, I'd also bring back Trawick for ST and backup duties.

6 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Why do people think we will get quality free agents in offseason? I'm assuming we are over paying for these guys. 

And what FA wants to be on a team with no home in 2019? It's not an attractive place right now.

Raiders need to focus on landing the right GM/talent evaluator and building ala the Browns through the draft. That's their only hope for the next 2-3 seasons. 

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I know what is Gruden supposed to do tear the kid a part on national TV. That wasn’t he’s job, he’s job is to make a feel good TV show about  draft prospects.

7 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Jacksonville consistently signs top free agents despite not being a successful team year to year. No state tax is huge in free agency.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Jacksonville consistently signs top free agents despite not being a successful team year to year. No state tax is huge in free agency.

You see how much they spend on them. They set markets almost every time they sign a tier 1 fa. I also argue that I'll choose Florida over Nevada any day of the week. 

Archived