THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

22 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

giphy.webp

And yes, I will be continuing to post this every single time someone acts like McCarthy is a good coach despite making it to one super bowl with a decade of the GOAT QB and one of the ugliest offensive schemes in the league.

I so hope Dorsey sees thru his BS cus the Green Bay connection scares me.

44 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

giphy.webp

And yes, I will be continuing to post this every single time someone acts like McCarthy is a good coach despite making it to one super bowl with a decade of the GOAT QB and one of the ugliest offensive schemes in the league.

Can we say Sean Peyton is a garbage coach cause he had only been to one Super Bowl with Brees. Outside of what the Pats have done, making it to the super bowl is extremely hard and it takes Luck and health just as much as having a great QB. 

Only positive with MM is the coaching staff would be perfectly aligned with the FO. Something that hasn’t happen in a long arse time here in Cleveland

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

My stipulations for our next HC

Hands on experience running an NFL Offense with a stud QB within the last 5 years. 

Improved an offense when he got there

Self Confident in that he is open to G Williams staying on as DC or will bring in an upgrade

Has no desire to want overall control of the team 

First things first, no way Dorsey gives up overall control of the team. 

Your criteria with nfl offense with stud QB really narrows your coaching field. Only candidates that are involved in this is Flip and McDaniels. I can’t think of any possible coaches outside of that 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Can we say Sean Peyton is a garbage coach cause he had only been to one Super Bowl with Brees. Outside of what the Pats have done, making it to the super bowl is extremely hard and it takes Luck and health just as much as having a great QB. 

Only positive with MM is the coaching staff would be perfectly aligned with the FO. Something that hasn’t happen in a long arse time here in Cleveland

I honestly don't care about the football opinions of anyone who watches the Saints O and the Packers O and says, "this is basically the same."

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I honestly don't care about the football opinions of anyone who watches the Saints O and the Packers O and says, "this is basically the same."

Not saying the offense is the saying, just saying they are two teams with two GOAT QBs and sure fire 1st ballot HoF QBs and only have 2 Super Bowl appearances. 

For Packers, to me it’s been there defense that has held them back for a majority of Rodgers career. Has had a top10 offense is yards for all but 3 years but only had a top10 defense twice. Last time they had a top10 defense, it was the year they won it all.

MM would be prolly the 5th/6th guy I would want as the new coach 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

MM would be prolly the 5th/6th guy I would want as the new coach 

I get that, but he's not even on my list. The offense has been good because of Rodgers. The scheme is atrocious every single year, their best plays are on Rodgers audibles or just scrambling around making things happen. And the defense always being awful doesn't come from nowhere, McCarthy isn't good on that side either.

There are so many seemingly good candidates this year (Campbell, Toub, Flip, Riley, Babers, etc.) that I don't really see the need to settle for a guy who hasn't shown a single exemplary coaching attribute as far as I can tell, and whose fans have hated him for half a decade, just because he had the GOAT QB the whole time and managed to be decent. 

17 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

2. Mike McCarthy - many are expecting him to get fired or him resigning. Some discord btwn him, Rogers, and the front office. But despite terrible drafts and not many high end free agents has had a winning record almost every year. Wouldn’t be my first but we could do worse. He probably could put together a decent staff and bring us back to respectability but idk if hell ever be the guy that’ll get you there. Knows Dorsey well.

5. Hue Jackson -  Good fallback if we can't land Mike McCarthy.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Drew Breese wouldn’t be where he is without Sean 

McCarthy is totally not responsible for Rodgers success 

We have no idea where Brees would be. It’s not like Brees was a bum that was magically resurrected by Peyton. 

Who is responsible for Rodgers than? Farve or Sherman? Rodgers didn’t just magically transform into the stud he is today. He was coached up On his way to being one of the greatest QBs. It’s not like he was viewed as a first ballot HoF in the draft. Just like what ever HC is hired will be labeled as the one that took Baker to what ever level he goes too

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I get that, but he's not even on my list. The offense has been good because of Rodgers. The scheme is atrocious every single year, their best plays are on Rodgers audibles or just scrambling around making things happen. And the defense always being awful doesn't come from nowhere, McCarthy isn't good on that side either.

There are so many seemingly good candidates this year (Campbell, Toub, Flip, Riley, Babers, etc.) that I don't really see the need to settle for a guy who hasn't shown a single exemplary coaching attribute as far as I can tell, and whose fans have hated him for half a decade, just because he had the GOAT QB the whole time and managed to be decent. 

You could use the same thing to describe Andy Reid in philly. 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You could use the same thing to describe Andy Reid in philly. 

You really couldn't. He only won one, but McNabb =/= Rodgers. Plus, watching those teams the offense was always innovative and interesting. Far from the case for GB.

25 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You really couldn't. He only won one, but McNabb =/= Rodgers. Plus, watching those teams the offense was always innovative and interesting. Far from the case for GB.

You've got bones against the ropes. Finish him.

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A good way to judge a coach is by seeing what their fan base says about them since fans follow closer than anyone and most knowledgeable packer fans aren’t happy with McCarthy and believe he’s held the team back. 

How much control of the defense does MM have because the defense has held them back majority of the years

Archived