THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

So from what info I can gather. Articles,Podcast, Sportstalk, Twitter all that. The top three coaching candidates will be ... 

1. Lincoln Riley. - difficult to get especially if Garrett is let go. But the best coaching prospect out there. 

2. Mike McCarthy - many are expecting him to get fired or him resigning. Some discord btwn him, Rogers, and the front office. But despite terrible drafts and not many high end free agents has had a winning record almost every year. Wouldn’t be my first but we could do worse. He probably could put together a decent staff and bring us back to respectability but idk if hell ever be the guy that’ll get you there. Knows Dorsey well  

3. Dave Toub - highly respected, CEO type. Won’t win over the press but we don’t necessarily need that. Might have a difficult time putting together a staff but our ST unit will be top notch. Knows Dorsey well. 

33 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

So from what info I can gather. Articles,Podcast, Sportstalk, Twitter all that. The top three coaching candidates will be ... 

1. Lincoln Riley. - difficult to get especially if Garrett is let go. But the best coaching prospect out there. 

2. Mike McCarthy - many are expecting him to get fired or him resigning. Some discord btwn him, Rogers, and the front office. But despite terrible drafts and not many high end free agents has had a winning record almost every year. Wouldn’t be my first but we could do worse. He probably could put together a decent staff and bring us back to respectability but idk if hell ever be the guy that’ll get you there. Knows Dorsey well  

3. Dave Toub - highly respected, CEO type. Won’t win over the press but we don’t necessarily need that. Might have a difficult time putting together a staff but our ST unit will be top notch. Knows Dorsey well. 

Two things about Garrett... I dont know if the Cowboys will be that great of a job to take. You might get stuck with a very average looking QB and you have to be stuck with Jerry Jones. We think Haslam is bad but Jones is on the same level as bad. Dude will sign players no matter, good or bad, if he thinks they will make him better, he will openly rip the coach on his weekly radio show.  I really dont think Dallas would be the great job.

2nd part about Garrett, I actually wouldnt mind if he becomes a candidate for the browns. He grew up in the Cleveland area, has a brother who lives in the Cleveland area. I just wonder what kind of coach he becomes once he leaves Jerry World. Feel like he has to do a lot to please Jerry that he prolly wouldnt do for other teams.

I would hope Mike McCarthy turns into Andy Reid 2.0 for the Browns if he becomes the new HC. A lot of people werent excited for Reid because of how his tenure in Philly ended. He goes to KC, gets a fresh start and is a top tier coach again.

I dont think Toub would have a hard time putting a staff together. All reports say he was respected with the Bears and now with KC. I think he could def poach some coaches from KCs staff.  Mike Kafka could be a sleeper offensive coach,  Al Harris and Mike Smith for defensive guys

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Two things about Garrett... I dont know if the Cowboys will be that great of a job to take. You might get stuck with a very average looking QB and you have to be stuck with Jerry Jones. We think Haslam is bad but Jones is on the same level as bad. Dude will sign players no matter, good or bad, if he thinks they will make him better, he will openly rip the coach on his weekly radio show.  I really dont think Dallas would be the great job.

2nd part about Garrett, I actually wouldnt mind if he becomes a candidate for the browns. He grew up in the Cleveland area, has a brother who lives in the Cleveland area. I just wonder what kind of coach he becomes once he leaves Jerry World. Feel like he has to do a lot to please Jerry that he prolly wouldnt do for other teams.

I would hope Mike McCarthy turns into Andy Reid 2.0 for the Browns if he becomes the new HC. A lot of people werent excited for Reid because of how his tenure in Philly ended. He goes to KC, gets a fresh start and is a top tier coach again.

I dont think Toub would have a hard time putting a staff together. All reports say he was respected with the Bears and now with KC. I think he could def poach some coaches from KCs staff.  Mike Kafka could be a sleeper offensive coach,  Al Harris and Mike Smith for defensive guys

HC. McCarthy OC Jason Garrett. DC. Gregg Williams would be bomb. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Mike Smith for defensive guys

Dammit Buno this was a great post until your very last sentence...please don't tell me you want Mike Smith.

EDIT - wait just read it closer and I am anti-Jason Garrett, but I understand your case. He's flaming out hard. I don't wanna be his rebound.

6 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Dammit Buno this was a great post until your very last sentence...please don't tell me you want Mike Smith.

EDIT - wait just read it closer and I am anti-Jason Garrett, but I understand your case. He's flaming out hard. I don't wanna be his rebound.

Two things... read for context lol I was talking about Toub and raiding KCs Defensive coaching staff for a DC. The Mike Smith I mentioned wasn’t the old Falcons HC, it’s KCs LB coach

https://www.chiefs.com/team/coaches-roster/mike-smith

im not saying I want Garrett but I would be interested to see what he does Post Dallas. I feel like Jerry Jones never let Garrett fully run the team he likes. I also wouldn’t mind see Baker in an offense like Romo was in. I also see Jerry will put all Blame on Garrett and not in his ability to find a new go to TE and new go to WR. He then and went out and over paid for a WR

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont get why it is important if a dude grew up I  or around   cleveland. We have had so many osu or cleveland native fa classes bust. I just dont care.

Not important, just increase there chances. that if they are familiar with the area, more likely to come here. Also it makes for a fun fact. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t care if Nick Saban is 67 I still want him. Just give us 4 years nick. Put this franchise on the right track. At least our training camps won’t be glorified summer camps. 

Saban is a college football god but I just don't see him succeeding in the NFL.  Saban's intimidation factor with players would be meaningless in the NFL with grown men who would make as much or more then him.  You may say it works for Bill Belichick but he only gets away with it because Tom Brady has won Super Bowls for him.  Belichick plays the grouch card to a tee but he is an anomaly more then the standard.  Saban also wouldn't have the total power to pick players because Dorsey is handling that primarily. I also understand that you don't care how old Saban is but in my opinion, it would be better if we can have some stability at head coach for a change and have him longer then "just" 4 years.  If Saban is smart, he will stay in college and end his career as the greatest college football head coach ever. 

Peace!!!

My stipulations for our next HC

Hands on experience running an NFL Offense with a stud QB within the last 5 years. 

Improved an offense when he got there

Self Confident in that he is open to G Williams staying on as DC or will bring in an upgrade

Has no desire to want overall control of the team 

15 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

giphy.webp

And yes, I will be continuing to post this every single time someone acts like McCarthy is a good coach despite making it to one super bowl with a decade of the GOAT QB and one of the ugliest offensive schemes in the league.

Archived