THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We all got to see first hand Dorsey’s ability to scout talent. Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, and Tyreek Hill were all mid round guys who torched the hell out of us. Then you have Pat Mahommes looking like a monster.

Very encouraging.

Then again none of the matchups we have so far are better than those guys.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Hey, Bruce, can you clarify what you mean here? Second sentence left me confused. Thanks, pal.

Would you trade Mahomes, Hunt, Hill and Kelce straight up for Mayfield, Chubb, Calloway and Njoku?

I would, in a heartbeat and laugh.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Would you trade Mahomes, Hunt, Hill and Kelce straight up for Mayfield, Chubb, Calloway and Njoku?

Well, Dorsey didn't draft Njoku. And KC's guys have had more time to develop than our guys, not to mention far better coaching.

Just now, DawgX said:

Well, Dorsey didn't draft Njoku. And KC's guys have had more time to develop than our guys, not to mention far better coaching.

Agree with all of that but I still would make the trade.

Mahomes > Mayfield

Hunt > Chubb

Hill > Calloway

Kelce-Njoku TBD

Just now, bruceb said:

Oh, I see! Thanks. Of course I would as well, but that could be a different story in a few years. Mahomes is in his first season starting, which means the book is still out. He's looked great, but we'll hafta see long term, the same with Baker. Kelce will be 32 in 3 years, whereas Njoku will be 26. Hill has a sketchy history the same as Callaway. And I think Chubb can be just as good as Hunt in a good offense, like Hunt.

Give Dorsey a couple more years of building. Man, I'm excited to see the end product, as long as he gets the coach right.

I'm seeing a lot about the Browns and Josh McDaniels. Makes me nervous as hell.

On one hand, man knows his offense. I would trust him more with Baker in the NFL than any other candidate, and it's not even close, including Riley. JM has a doctorate in NFL offense, whereas Riley is an offensive savant at the college level, entirely untested at the pro level. JM knows how a winning operation works, can get the most out of lesser players with scheme, and is still young and driven.

Now here's the rub: I don't trust JM to not rawdog us like the Colts. I don't much like the weasel and I'm concerned how players would respond to the weasel. Also, I don't know if he'd truly accept Dorsey's FO or if he'd be in sneaky backstabby mode the whole time. I feel like he'd also struggle assembling a staff after the Colts debacle.

5 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

JM has a doctorate in NFL offense, whereas Riley is an offensive savant at the college level, entirely untested at the pro level. 

This, even though I think it will be McCarthy.

6 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

JM knows how a winning operation works, can get the most out of lesser players with scheme,

This isu the key.

As NE has shown us year after year you don't need all-pros at every position to win.

9 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm seeing a lot about the Browns and Josh McDaniels. Makes me nervous as hell.

On one hand, man knows his offense. I would trust him more with Baker in the NFL than any other candidate, and it's not even close, including Riley. JM has a doctorate in NFL offense, whereas Riley is an offensive savant at the college level, entirely untested at the pro level. JM knows how a winning operation works, can get the most out of lesser players with scheme, and is still young and driven.

Now here's the rub: I don't trust JM to not rawdog us like the Colts. I don't much like the weasel and I'm concerned how players would respond to the weasel. Also, I don't know if he'd truly accept Dorsey's FO or if he'd be in sneaky backstabby mode the whole time. I feel like he'd also struggle assembling a staff after the Colts debacle.

I agree to much with the second part of your post to want him even though I agree with the first part as well

Archived