THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

35 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Now here's the rub: I don't trust JM to not rawdog us like the Colts. I don't much like the weasel and I'm concerned how players would respond to the weasel. Also, I don't know if he'd truly accept Dorsey's FO or if he'd be in sneaky backstabby mode the whole time. I feel like he'd also struggle assembling a staff after the Colts debacle.

I just don't believe that would happen. This is Josh's hometown team. Much like what Bruce Arians stated during the Browns broadcast, I think this is probably the lone opportunity that could conceivably convince McDaniels to leave New England.

However, I do agree with you on that hiring potentially hindering our assistant coaches. That is a legitimate concern.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Idgaf about personality. I need a guy who can coach.

What does it mean to coach?

Is it the person who draws up the best stuff on a chalk board?

Or is it the person that can organize, inspire, energize, and align other human beings toward one common task with an effective strategy/planning to accomplish the task?

Personality is such a vague word. It's complex and involves various effective characteristics for effective versus ineffective social interaction.

Flip is not thought to be the CEO type either.

Personality does matter though.. when it comes to inspiring grown men to put their physical and mental well-being on the line to sacrifice toward a common goal.

If Defilipo is thought to not have the "it" factor in that regard then at least I'd expect him to have OC'd offenses that rank higher than 20th in Offensive efficiency.

John Defilipo is not the HC candidate we need imo.

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I just don't believe that would happen. This is Josh's hometown team. Much like what Bruce Arians stated during the Browns broadcast, I think this is probably the lone opportunity that could conceivably convince McDaniels to leave New England.

However, I do agree with you on that hiring potentially hindering our assistant coaches. That is a legitimate concern.

Josh McDaniels is an egomaniac.

I'll pass.

I don't think he and Dorsey would mesh well.

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm seeing a lot about the Browns and Josh McDaniels. Makes me nervous as hell.

On one hand, man knows his offense. I would trust him more with Baker in the NFL than any other candidate, and it's not even close, including Riley. JM has a doctorate in NFL offense, whereas Riley is an offensive savant at the college level, entirely untested at the pro level. JM knows how a winning operation works, can get the most out of lesser players with scheme, and is still young and driven.

Now here's the rub: I don't trust JM to not rawdog us like the Colts. I don't much like the weasel and I'm concerned how players would respond to the weasel. Also, I don't know if he'd truly accept Dorsey's FO or if he'd be in sneaky backstabby mode the whole time. I feel like he'd also struggle assembling a staff after the Colts debacle.

Josh McDaniels doesn't scare me, honestly I am very intrigued about him. My only question pertaining to him is would he really turn down the Colts job if he wasn't the lock-in guy to replace BB? I don't necessarily blame him for turning down the Colts job. At the time, we had no idea if Luck was going to be able to play or not, and the team had some major holes outside of Luck's health. McDaniels got two years in Denver. That's all. Von Miller hadn't arrived yet. Demaryius Thomas was a rookie WR. Decker a rookie. McDaniels never should have been given the power he received to make draft decisions. I think that was his demise. The Tebow pick was bad. But here, he isn't going to be doing that. He would be coaching the football team. 

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Robert Klemko was on my station's pregame show this morning before the game. He mentioned that he thought Dave Toub was probably the most likely option. He specifically said Dorsey had been advocating for Toub to get some HC opportunities for years.

I wouldn't hate that at all.

3 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Josh McDaniels doesn't scare me, honestly I am very intrigued about him. My only question pertaining to him is would he really turn down the Colts job if he wasn't the lock-in guy to replace BB? I don't necessarily blame him for turning down the Colts job. At the time, we had no idea if Luck was going to be able to play or not, and the team had some major holes outside of Luck's health. McDaniels got two years in Denver. That's all. Von Miller hadn't arrived yet. Demaryius Thomas was a rookie WR. Decker a rookie. McDaniels never should have been given the power he received to make draft decisions. I think that was his demise. The Tebow pick was bad. But here, he isn't going to be doing that. He would be coaching the football team. 

His first draft in charge was full of JAGs, with Knowshon Mareno and Robert Ayers, but his second draft showed promise with Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Zane Beadles, and Perrish Cox. Yet, ultimately, it was the Tebow pick that sunk his narrow ast like the Titanic.

I don't care how hard he prayed, he couldn't correct that God awful throwing motion. Poor kid's completion percentage looked more like a batting average, and not even a good one.

Alas, God could split the Red sea, but he could not fix Tim Tebow.

By the way, I'm in NO way suggesting he have ANY draft say; just thought it was interesting.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I don't care how hard he prayed, he couldn't correct that God awful throwing motion. Poor kid's completion percentage looked more like a batting average, and not even a good one.

Alas, God could split the Red sea, but he could not fix Tim Tebow.

By the way, I'm in NO way suggesting he have ANY draft say; just thought it was interesting.

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

After watching arena football games ehhhh I mean NFL games today, our defensive scheme is irrelevant to me anymore.

They would prolly try and turn Garrett into an OLB and I don’t know if Obunjobi can be a 3/4 NT. We know those two can be complete monsters in a 4/3 but lesser in a 3/4. Garrett should be able to handle it but I don’t see Obunjobi doesn’t seem like a 2gap player. Idk I feel like switching schemes would really set this team back

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m hoping Dorsey is smarter than to just hire the default option in McCarthy. Would be such a short-sighted and typical Browns decision. Hard, hard pass.

Why would it be such a short sighted moved? Good or bad he is a proven HC which all 3 man FO people have great relationships with. Hell one of the biggest reasons for browns struggles have been HC and FO never being eye to eye. Mangini, Shurmur, Pett, Chud, And Hue. 

That rocky relationship has lead to a lot of issues. It be won one to really settle the franchise from its rocky state. 

I doubt tho that Dorsey’s plan is to hope a HC gets fired

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Why would it be such a short sighted moved? Good or bad he is a proven HC which all 3 man FO people have great relationships with. Hell one of the biggest reasons for browns struggles have been HC and FO never being eye to eye. Mangini, Shurmur, Pett, Chud, And Hue. 

That rocky relationship has lead to a lot of issues. It be won one to really settle the franchise from its rocky state. 

I doubt tho that Dorsey’s plan is to hope a HC gets fired

Yeah McCarthy wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’s won a ring and won his division six times.  He may not be a coaching wizard, but he’s hardly a complete bum.

You’re completely right about the dysfunction between the HC and FO being one of our bigger issues.  We haven’t had a HC and FO on the same page since Holmgren ffs.

Haslam is to blame imo with his absurd organizational structure. Idgaf if the coach answers to the GM or vice versa, but someone needs to be in control of the other, not each of them jockeying for power.

Archived