THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can see why he’d be appealing for sure, but he’s not my cup of tea.

First, the Belichick tree.  Has anyone from that system ever been worth a damn?? I realize that every coach is different, but at some point you have to take note of the trend.

Secondly, he declined interviews before iirc.  Now, it’s his right to choose the job he wants, but personally I feel like if we weren’t worth your time a couple years ago, go pound sand now that the hard work has been done and you’re set up.

I don’t care about the Indy situation per se, but how do you get to that point? It’s a red flag for me, but not necessarily an issue on its own.

This last bit is %100 my opinion based on mostly nothing. He comes across as a power hungry ball bag.  Like every other coach from the Belichick tree, he went into Denver and was brash with the media and immediately made the point HE was in charge by pissing off a handful of vets and eventually wanting “his guys”.  We don’t need that.  We need a guy who plays well with others.  This isn’t a spot that necessarily needs a culture change.  We just need someone to take the team by the reigns and guide it.

I was just about to pound out a MindCharacter-length screed on McD, then you went ahead and saved me the trouble.

Who wants a guy who is an autocratic a-hole on one hand yet who doesn't even have the faith in himself to take over anything less than the perfect situation on the other? I want a guy who will work well with the front office, the players, and will go out and charge the opportunity with confidence that we will succeed...sort of like Mayfield himself. 

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’d tell McDaniels he was my guy as the HC, and then at the introductory press conference, I’d blare DX’s music, give him a Shawn Michaels groin chop, and have Freddie Kitchens hit him over the head with a steel chair, as Dorsey raises his hand in victory as the “secret head coach” and have good old JR announce the whole thing.

Also I’m serious.

I second this. 

Also I’d have given Hue Jackson Sweet Chin Music on his way out the door (actually not long after he came through the door to begin with).

#thehighlife

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The only reason I say I don’t care is I don’t know what actually happened.  It’s hard for me to get arsed up about something without the details.

That said, I can’t imagine too many people outside of the Colts organization who have a better chance of knowing the whole story than Dorsey.

Yeah, Indy thing doesn't bother me either. From everything that I have found the most simple and answer to the situation was that a coaching staff was going to be forced on him. He said he wanted to pick his staff and Chris Ballard felt he and the FO should pick the coaching staff. 

I have had the opportunity to listen to Josh McDaniel speak and he really doesn't come off as a power hungry know it all. There are a lot of coaches I have listen to, been around, or met that have a much larger ego. I don't know exactly what went down in Denver with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall but at some point people have to consider who those two are as well. Also, if Josh McDaniels is willing to come here to Cleveland he is certainly smart enough to see what John Dorsey has done and that in no way shape or form would he be given control over the roster, so that makes it obvious to me that he is willing to coach the team and let a GM run the roster.

Josh McDaniel is not my favorite option but he is a much lesser evil than the likes of McCarthey, Caldwell(are the flipping serious here?), Flores and others rumored. 

19 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This dude has had the most awful takes in the past...like ridiculously anti-Browns tweets...suddenly he comes out with this? I just don't trust him at this point.

I still think Toub, Bienemy, or McDaniels will emerge late.

stop trying to make fetch happen

12 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah, Indy thing doesn't bother me either. From everything that I have found the most simple and answer to the situation was that a coaching staff was going to be forced on him. He said he wanted to pick his staff and Chris Ballard felt he and the FO should pick the coaching staff. 

I have had the opportunity to listen to Josh McDaniel speak and he really doesn't come off as a power hungry know it all. There are a lot of coaches I have listen to, been around, or met that have a much larger ego. I don't know exactly what went down in Denver with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall but at some point people have to consider who those two are as well. Also, if Josh McDaniels is willing to come here to Cleveland he is certainly smart enough to see what John Dorsey has done and that in no way shape or form would he be given control over the roster, so that makes it obvious to me that he is willing to coach the team and let a GM run the roster.

Josh McDaniel is not my favorite option but he is a much lesser evil than the likes of McCarthey, Caldwell(are the flipping serious here?), Flores and others rumored. 

someone whos changed his life for the better, fights for mental health awareness and has become a leader in the community?

On 1/3/2019 at 9:22 AM, ReggieCamp said:

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This dude has had the most awful takes in the past...like ridiculously anti-Browns tweets...suddenly he comes out with this? I just don't trust him at this point.

I still think Toub, Bienemy, or McDaniels will emerge late.

I agree, @ReggieCamp is the worst.

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

aka the guy who dropped McDaniels after the Indy fiasco.

Yea...he is a strong no for me.  I don't care that dude is from Ohio, and has worked with hoodie and Brady.  That Indy fiasco makes me think he is "flakey"  I don't want my coach that is working with my franchise Qb to be flakey.

12 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Yea...he is a strong no for me.  I don't care that dude is from Ohio, and has worked with hoodie and Brady.  That Indy fiasco makes me think he is "flakey"  I don't want my coach that is working with my franchise Qb to be flakey.

1st I'd like to say that I'm not a McDaniels (or any Belichick Coordinators) fan by any means but I dont think its "flakey" for a HC to want to pick his own staff, in fact i kinda think that should be a no brainer imo. I dont hold that against him at all cause i kinda think that should the HC's call anyways. 

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

1st I'd like to say that I'm not a McDaniels (or any Belichick Coordinators) fan by any means but I dont think its "flakey" for a HC to want to pick his own staff, in fact i kinda think that should be a no brainer imo. I dont hold that against him at all cause i kinda think that should the HC's call anyways. 

Then you don't say you accept the position, and later decide it's not right.  I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of what happened, but I have a hard time believing that he accepted the position, and was told AFTER that he couldn't pick his own staff.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Then you don't say you accept the position, and later decide it's not right.  I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of what happened, but I have a hard time believing that he accepted the position, and was told AFTER that he couldn't pick his own staff.

Nor do I but if that is the case I cant hold that against him. I'm hoping for 1 of 4 things happening 1) Keep current staff as is (minus ST Coordinator Amos, he is the worst) 2) Dabo Swinney 3) Matt Cambell HC ISU (the more time that passes the more I'm leaning to him) 4) the TE coach for the Saints Cambell (I cant remember his 1st name) but I would like it if he kept Kitchens. That's who i would like but whoever Dorsey chooses I'll be cool with for the most part 

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

someone whos changed his life for the better, fights for mental health awareness and has become a leader in the community?

But what was he like during his time in Denver? I think it was much later on that Marshall started to sort his life out.

I don't think I'd hate McDaniels as much as most, but he's still towards the bottom of my list. People give McCarthy a hard time, but at least he played a significant role in developing Aaron Rodgers. Brady had some of his best years under McDaniels, yes, but he was already an elite QB before McDaniels came along. McDaniels is the better play caller between the two, though.

Archived