THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

I’m just starting to come to the notion. Why are we so hooked on kitchen. Looks great cause Haley and Hue have been awful but before him we had Flip who was decent OC with no talent. Had Shanny who turned chicken shtt into chicken salad. Norv Turner and etc. 

we have had some decent OCs. Just never had the talent. I’m not gonna fall in love with Kitchen, before we really see what is out there

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I’m just starting to come to the notion. Why are we so hooked on kitchen. Looks great cause Haley and Hue have been awful but before him we had Flip who was decent OC with no talent. Had Shanny who turned chicken shtt into chicken salad. Norv Turner and etc. 

we have had some decent OCs. Just never had the talent. I’m not gonna fall in love with Kitchen, before we really see what is out there

No. The offense has been one of the best in the league since he took over. It’s great regardless of the crap as had before. The line hasn’t given up a sack in 3 games because the offense is so efficient and quick hitting. Not many OCs in the league have their offenses running this well. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No. The offense has been one of the best in the league since he took over. It’s great regardless of the crap as had before. The line hasn’t given up a sack in 3 games because the offense is so efficient and quick hitting. Not many OCs in the league have their offenses running this well. 

Agreed.

He’s been creative in his playcalling and formations and had identified how to cover up weaknesses and accentuates strengths.

Our offense looks “well coached”.  That’s absolutely reflective of the guy coaching them.

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

My b.i.l.  shared with me this weekend some very interesting rumblings about what some in the business' personnel circles believe to be the Head coach John Dorsey and his personnel execs are targeting as their top choice currently.

Apparently, while fluid and nothing is set in stone, the name that is unifying all 5 of Dorsey's top exec team so much so that they have already reached out to this person in order to gauge whether it is a realistic possibility that they would leave their current situation....

It's a name I'm not thrilled about at all as I don't believe his coaching staff will and connections will be elite in an NFL sense....

That person is Northwestern Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald.

The central pairing for thispotential hire would be the following:

1.) Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern)

2.) Offensive Coordinator Mike Kafka (former Northwestern QB current and current Chiefs QB Coach; former Chiefs Offensive Quality Control coach)

-----

This info does not excite me. Honestly, I'd rather stick with Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens or hire a HC/OC hybrid that won't leave after a year or 2 and thus be able to build with Baker for a long tenure.

I would actually like that Tandem. Wouldnt be my favorite it but I would like it. I I hope that if they go after a KC guy for HC they go after Kafka for OC. Fitz has developed some pretty good teams and recruited very well. Just injuries to his QBs have really killed them from doing anything much more.

I cant remember who it was that said it on the Bull and Fox show that they shouldnt be surprise if the hire isnt out of left field a little bit. To me that move would be that. 

My b.i.l.  shared with me this weekend some very interesting rumblings about what some in the business' personnel circles believe to be the Head coach John Dorsey and his personnel execs are targeting as their top choice currently.

Apparently, while fluid and nothing is set in stone, the name that is unifying all 5 of Dorsey's top exec team so much so that they have already reached out to this person in order to gauge whether it is a realistic possibility that they would leave their current situation and furthermore discuss potential staff lists.

It's a name I'm not thrilled about at all as I don't believe his coaching staff and connections will be elite in an NFL sense in terms of winning impact and it terms of being at the top of the offensive and defensive play-calling game.....

That person is Northwestern Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald.

The central coach group for this potential hire would apparently be the following:

1.) Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern)

2.) Offensive Coordinator Mike Kafka (former Northwestern QB current and current Chiefs QB Coach; former Chiefs Offensive Quality Control coach)

3.) Assistant Head Coach and Assistant OC/Passing game Coordinator Mick McCall

-----

This info does not excite me. Honestly, I'd rather stick with Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens or hire a HC/OC hybrid that won't leave after a year or 2 and thus be able to build with Baker for a long tenure.

I know nothing about McCall's prowess as a coach and only know of Kafka's association with KC and his being a cerebral player at NU.

I mean... we have to be able to better than this right??

Hopefully, this does not come true, Fitzgerald decides to stay in college, or Dorsey and co. get enamored with someone else.

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Its a very small sample size tho. 

Im not saying I dont want kitchen but just being devils advocate. That very early on there was not tape to truly scout his offense. Get 3 games worth of film and Texans looked darn good defensively that first half. I just dont want to get attached to him when there could potentially be better. I dont want to settle

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would actually like that Tandem. Wouldnt be my favorite it but I would like it. I I hope that if they go after a KC guy for HC they go after Kafka for OC. Fitz has developed some pretty good teams and recruited very well. Just injuries to his QBs have really killed them from doing anything much more.

I cant remember who it was that said it on the Bull and Fox show that they shouldnt be surprise if the hire isnt out of left field a little bit. To me that move would be that. 

I have no doubt that he is a strong leader for the football team, but I wonder if he even has the connections to hire and fill out his staff with Elite NFL/football minds that can inspire men on an NFL roster to pursue winning at the highest level.

For me, the Head Coach is the Staff... and I don't know enough yet about Fitzgerald to suggest that he can hire the sort of staff that could be forerunners in the NFL in terms of schematics and organization.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, Fitzgerald isn’t a sexy name, but he’s produced some competitive squads at a school for nerds in a football conference.

Ive heard of worse options I suppose.

I don't know man... I'm not excited...

I guess Fitzgerald would be better than Matt Campbell, but I'd hate for it to be all the Northwestern coaches becoming Cleveland Browns coaches...

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I want someone who’s done a little better than “he’s done good despite his circumstances” reminds me of Gregg schiano going to Tampa. 

I would say he has done a lot better than "Done good". He has been pretty damn great for Northwestern. He has as many 10win seasons as winning season, which is amazing for a program like Northwestern. If he wasnt a northwestern guy he prolly would have gone to a bigger and better program. NFL might be the only way he leaves.

Archived