THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Did Arians campaign for the Browns job like this in ‘13? When the Browns had to settle for Chud?

If he did, we would've had to question his mental capacity.

I'll just state some of the names he would've been working with:  Mike Lombardi, Joe Banner, Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Greg Little, Willis McGahee, Trent Richardson, and of course, Jimmy Haslam.

12 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

If he did, we would've had to question his mental capacity.

I'll just state some of the names he would've been working with:  Mike Lombardi, Joe Banner, Brandon Weeden, Jason Campbell, Greg Little, Willis McGahee, Trent Richardson, and of course, Jimmy Haslam.

and somehow it was still better than 2016 and 2017

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What would a Lincoln Riley staff even look like here? I keep thinking about who he would bring in but he has zero connection to the nfl. He’s just now rounding out his Oklahoma staff. Are there any respected guys on his staff that might make the jump with him?

Why do they have to be NFL guys?

Why can’t we see some new blood as opposed to the same old guys?

Besides, I’m sure Dorsey knows a guy or two who could help the guy out.

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

honestly if they can get kitchens to stay onboard with a guy like dave toub im super on board with that.  i guess arians too.  basicalyl kitchens ftw

I really like the idea of Arians on a two year deal with Kitchens to take over after that. Kitchens is going to be a head coach one dauday

17 minutes ago, mistakey said:

honestly if they can get kitchens to stay onboard with a guy like dave toub im super on board with that.  i guess arians too.  basicalyl kitchens ftw

If Freddy and Baker keep working well together, Dorsey better not go Yoko Ono on it. 

William's is a better HC than DC, I'd be happy to keep William's HC, Freddie OC and a new DC.

25 minutes ago, mistakey said:

The issue with doing that is if baker and the offense ball out next year kitchens is getting a HC job and we’ll be back to square one with the offense. Teams are hiring guys like crazy who run that offense. And if the browns have success it’s going to be looked at like a miracle of god. The whole staff will get promotions. 

Thats why id prefer to hire an offensive guy as HC. Because even if we retain kitchens and he leaves we’ll at least have the same offense and philosophy. 

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The issue with doing that is if baker and the offense ball out next year kitchens is getting a HC job and we’ll be back to square one with the offense. Teams are hiring guys like crazy who run that offense. And if the browns have success it’s going to be looked at like a miracle of god. The whole staff will get promotions. 

Thats why id prefer to hire an offensive guy as HC. Because even if we retain kitchens and he leaves we’ll at least have the same offense and philosophy. 

If we continue to play well offensively the rest of the way I’m not sure why we don’t hire Kitchens tbh.

If it ain’t broke...

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we continue to play well offensively the rest of the way I’m not sure why we don’t hire Kitchens tbh.

If it ain’t broke...

He’d be a candidate but we’ve seen so many great coordinators fail as head coaches. There’s so much more to it than calling plays. I’m not sure we can take that risk right now unless we’re absolutely certain about them. That’s why Riley and Arians are my top choices. They know how to manage and team and a game while not having to rely on an OC. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’d be a candidate but we’ve seen so many great coordinators fail as head coaches. There’s so much more to it than calling plays. I’m not sure we can take that risk right now unless we’re absolutely certain about them. That’s why Riley and Arians are my top choices. They know how to manage and team and a game while not having to rely on an OC. 

I’m with you on Riley for sure.

Arians as well, but I’d want Kitchens or someone to be groomed.  He’s older and had health issues, there’d have to be a succession plan.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m with you on Riley for sure.

Arians as well, but I’d want Kitchens or someone to be groomed.  He’s older and had health issues, there’d have to be a succession plan.

That would hopefully be kitchens if we could convince him to stay for a few years. But I can’t think of many succession plans that have ever worked out. 

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

Then we see Kitchens leave in a year for a HC job and we are stuck looking for a new OC/ offense

Archived