THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I don't know man... I'm not excited...

I guess Fitzgerald would be better than Matt Campbell, but I'd hate for it to be all the Northwestern coaches becoming Cleveland Browns coaches...

I think I would like Campbell over him.

Well like you said, he might like to get Kafka, that he would steal coaches from KC to build his offensive staff.Someone like Matthaei and others. We could get an idea of what his offensive staff would look like but have no idea who would be for his defensive staff.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Green Bay and a set in his ways long time vet QB doesn't make sense at all for a Fitzgerald hire.

However, the Jets do make sense b/c of Darnold.

32 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Green Bay and a set in his ways long time vet QB doesn't make sense at all for a Fitzgerald hire.

Tbh I don’t think the GB job will be as attractive as some do.

Rodgers is great, but he seems like a head case.

32 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

However, the Jets do make sense b/c of Darnold.

For sure.

I would honestly not mind if we hired Mike Kafka to be head coach. It would be a shooting for the moon type of hire. He obviously has very little coaching experience in the NFL but he has been in the NFL for 9 years now. He has always had a high football IQ with marginal talent. It would be a projection hire but honestly so was McVay after only 1 season as OC and I felt teams waiting too long to give Kyle Shannahan a shot too. Kafka's age would relate better to today's athletes especially Baker Mayfield and I believe they could work great together building an offense.

I really like Kris Richards from the cowboys. He’s there passing game coordinator. Very highly thought off. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to convince him to keep Kitchens. He’s young too. Im sure Kitchens has atleast an idea of whod he keep around if. He Became OC

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Scared money don't make none.

True but have seen some great QB play/offenses  get totally unsettled when a  OC leave.

Vikings are averaging a point less a game even tho they have all the same Offensive weapons and an upgrade at QB. 

Falcons offense hasn’t been the same since Shanny left 

Eagles, yeah Wentz is still coming back from that ACL, but doesn’t look the same since Reich left. Offense doesnt flow like it did last year. 

I just don’t like the idea of not having the mastermind of the Offense leaving in a year or two to become a HC. Browns wouldn’t be losing just the OC but would be losing prolly some important assistants as well. 

You get HC who is the brains of the offense and you can replace the coaches. Like KC, lost their OC, now their new OC is a hot coaching candidate. I just don’t want  to see the OC leave and the offense follow. 

This is a nice window with the youth, cap space, and talent the Browns have. I would want the next 3-4 years be as cohesive as possible becuase it could be special like what Seattle had, I don’t think it be anything like competing for super bowl every year but being playoff contenders at least. For Browns fans, that would be special (for now). That team started to really change when coaches were getting hired away and big contracts were getting awarded to the young talent. 

29 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I really like Kris Richards from the cowboys. He’s there passing game coordinator. Very highly thought off. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to convince him to keep Kitchens. He’s young too. Im sure Kitchens has atleast an idea of whod he keep around if. He Became OC

Is he the defensive passing game coordinator like calls the coverages or is he legit the offensive passing game coordinator?

just weird to see a defensive back coach also work with that aspect of an offense. In today’s game,  the most important aspect. 

Thatis very different

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

So no one is going to freak out that I am suggesting we should consider a QB coach for our HC vacancy?

rather just have kitchens in that case but *shrug* i have no idea who would be a good nfl head coach

Archived