THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tbh I don’t think the GB job will be as attractive as some do.

Rodgers is great, but he seems like a head case.

For sure.

Plus, Rodgers is 35 and the rest of their roster is pretty average.

But don't tell that to certain Packers fans. They think because it's Green Bay and because of ARod that they're automatically the most appealing job.

If it weren't for Jimmy Haslam, the Browns would easily be the #1 choice, IMO. Lots of young talent, a very promising young QB and a front office that has done well.

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

rather just have kitchens in that case but *shrug* i have no idea who would be a good nfl head coach

I agree I would rather have Kitchens.

I would love to see us bring in Bruce Arians, have him keep Kitchens on as OC, and if all goes well possibly hand the reigns over to Kitchens when Arians decides to hang them up....again....

Our offense has turned from one of the worst in the NFL to one of the most exciting.  That might be in part because of how bad Hue and Haley were, but that is DEFINITELY in part because of what Kitchens is doing.  He is playing to Bakers strengths, and I would like to see the relationship there continue to grow.  Keep Baker in the same system with the same coach and let him flourish in year 2.

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree I would rather have Kitchens.

I would love to see us bring in Bruce Arians, have him keep Kitchens on as OC, and if all goes well possibly hand the reigns over to Kitchens when Arians decides to hang them up....again....

Our offense has turned from one of the worst in the NFL to one of the most exciting.  That might be in part because of how bad Hue and Haley were, but that is DEFINITELY in part because of what Kitchens is doing.  He is playing to Bakers strengths, and I would like to see the relationship there continue to grow.  Keep Baker in the same system with the same coach and let him flourish in year 2.

Sounds like a good plan. Only problem is that Freddie could get snatched up by another team in that scenario if he keeps having success.

Plus, Freddie is still running a variation of Haley's offense. It'd be interesting to see what he could do with his very own offense.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Sounds like a good plan. Only problem is that Freddie could get snatched up by another team in that scenario if he keeps having success.

Plus, Freddie is still running a variation of Haley's offense. It'd be interesting to see what he could do with his very own offense.

With a variation of sure, but every offense uses a variation of every other offense.  I loved when I heard he went around to the players and asked what they wanted to run.  I loved getting the RB's more involved by putting 3 of them on the field at once.  He is definitely showing his creativity.  And the way he is helping the tackles block ends is EXACTLY what we should have been doing all along...

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you’d have to meet with Freddie ahead of time and make sure he’s good with the plan and being groomed.

Yeah I would agree with that.

Make sure he is on board and talk to him about future plans of grooming him.

Honestly the biggest problem with that is I think Arians wants to get Pagano to be the heir apparent.  I don't know that he would agree with it.

It was a great interview that talked about McDaniels and the Colts last year. McDaniels didn’t just stiff the Colts. When it came to McDaniel’s trying to piece together his staff, the GM, had other ideas on how it should be handled. 

Seems like McDaniels wanted control over important aspects of the team that wasn’t just his immediate coaching staff. Like he wanted say in strength and condition coaches, nutrition team, and etc. didn’t want power in picking players or scouting. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It was a great interview that talked about McDaniels and the Colts last year. McDaniels didn’t just stiff the Colts. When it came to McDaniel’s trying to piece together his staff, the GM, had other ideas on how it should be handled. 

Seems like McDaniels wanted control over important aspects of the team that wasn’t just his immediate coaching staff. Like he wanted say in strength and condition coaches, nutrition team, and etc. didn’t want power in picking players or scouting. 

I think McDaniels would be GREAT from a scheme perspective.

He would be EXACTLY the kind of head coach who you would have for a long time who would also call plays and fit well schematically with Bakers skill set.

That being said I don't know that Dorsey and he would fit together scheme and control wise.  I loved that interview where they talked about him not needing complete control like Belickick has in New England, but I do think hes going to want a ton of control over the staff and I don't know if that is or isn't Dorsey's style.  They mentioned in the interview that Dorsey is used to that with Reid in KC, but at the same time, Dorsey and Reid obviously didn't work in KC or they would still be together.

I hate what happened in Indianapolis but I cannot deny that he would be an excellent head  coaching candidate for us....

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think McDaniels would be GREAT from a scheme perspective.

He would be EXACTLY the kind of head coach who you would have for a long time who would also call plays and fit well schematically with Bakers skill set.

That being said I don't know that Dorsey and he would fit together scheme and control wise.  I loved that interview where they talked about him not needing complete control like Belickick has in New England, but I do think hes going to want a ton of control over the staff and I don't know if that is or isn't Dorsey's style.  They mentioned in the interview that Dorsey is used to that with Reid in KC, but at the same time, Dorsey and Reid obviously didn't work in KC or they would still be together.

I hate what happened in Indianapolis but I cannot deny that he would be an excellent head  coaching candidate for us....

Well from the interview it made it sound like it was almost like it was more of a mutual break up. That Reich almost has the same thought process as Ballard. 

The great thing about that situation between the Colts and McDaniels is it happen with Ballard as the GM. Ballard was given the opportunity in KC because of Dorsey, so Dorsey can get a lot of inside information on what truly happen between the two parties. Dorsey can get a lot of inside information that potentially other FOs maybe can’t get. 

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont get josh mcdaniels love
he wasnt that good in DEN or STL and hes got that IND baggage
id rather stay away from him with a million foot pole

Denver issue was him truly trying to be like BB. Being HC and GM is so tough. BB, really is the only guy to ever have a long run of success. McDaniels couldn’t stay out of his way at coaching and picking players. 

STL had nothing. Rookie LT that got hurt Rookie QB playing hurt, past his prime Jackson, and a bunch of no bodies for WRs

Indy stuff is weird because we have no idea what truly happen but Breer said in an interview that both sides deserve to take blame for that situation. 

Dorsey’s buddy is the GM for the Colts, so he will have all th information on what happen. So if Dorsey goes after McDaniels, what happen in Indy doesn’t worry Him. 

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont get josh mcdaniels love
he wasnt that good in DEN or STL and hes got that IND baggage
id rather stay away from him with a million foot pole

I don't know, the ability to call plays and be in charge of an offense is clearly there with the patriots.  That team always performs admirably dispite what seems like no weapons and a terrible offensive line, yet they scheme for brady to get the ball out quick and for the line to get help in protection which is what I think we need.

I don't blame him for Denver as he was trying Head Coaching for the first time.

St. Louis I would agree but with a young Sam Bradford and no weapons outside Amendola who lasted 1 game, Sam Bradford who made it 10, all the really relied on all season long was Steven Jackson and Cadillac Williams...Not using it as an excuse but just thinking about the situation.

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't get him, I'm not saying we SHOULD get him, but he is intriguing as a HC/OC candidate....

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Is he the defensive passing game coordinator like calls the coverages or is he legit the offensive passing game coordinator?

just weird to see a defensive back coach also work with that aspect of an offense. In today’s game,  the most important aspect. 

Thatis very different

He’s the old DC in Seattle speciality is in defensive back. He currently works in Dallas. He handles all the secondary calls. 

this is more to bash Hue than lift MM. 

crazy, coach gets fired during the season. He wants to come back and talk to his guys. 

Hue gets canned and looks for every media outlet as possible to pass the blame and blame others for his failures. 

This is an example of why Baker had every right to call Hue fake 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

this is more to bash Hue than lift MM. 

crazy, coach gets fired during the season. He wants to come back and talk to his guys. 

Hue gets canned and looks for every media outlet as possible to pass the blame and blame others for his failures. 

This is an example of why Baker had every right to call Hue fake 

And we didn't see McCarthy pop up immediately as a special assistant coach on the Vikings.

Archived