THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There’s no way I’m rolling with Williams short of winning out, and even the idk...

We’ve turned things around because of our offense.  If I’m keeping the guy responsible for the turnaround, I’m not sure that’s Williams.

We’re 31st in the league in total yards allowed and passing yards allows, 28th in rushing yards allowed and 24th in points allowed.

I’m not saying we have the most talented defense in the league, but I’m not sure any other professional coach couldn’t replicate that production.

As far as letting Baker do his thing, that should be a given.  Don’t let the schmucks who goofed things up to start the year skew your view, that won’t happen again, Baker runs this sht now.

Our defense is in need of more talent, but there's more than enough talent on this defense to not be ranked so low in so many statistical categories. The only good thing about this defense is their knack at creating turnovers.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We can't be perfect, every team has deficiencies. That being said, just take step back and think about how we used to complain about this team having fight and playing with confidence, we have that now. I'm with whoever can continue that, the crazy part about that is, there is no guarantee we continue playing the way we are with a new guy. I just hope we get it right

I feel like that’s done tbh.

With Baker I think a lot of this roster feels they can win games now and their play has changed.  Dorsey has done a great job in bringing in guys who love to compete as well, and I don’t see that changing.

I guess my point is how much of the previous issues was lack of toughness vs apathy and feeling like “same old Browns, here we go again...”?  I don’t think the latter applies any longer tbh.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Our defense is in need of more talent, but there's more than enough talent on this defense to not be ranked so low in so many statistical categories. The only good thing about this defense is their knack at creating turnovers.

Yeah, we need more talent, but we have a fair amount of talent too.

Our DL consists of a 1st overall pick, 32nd overall pick, 65th pick and a second contract vet.

Our LB’s consist of a pair of pro bowlers, a second contract vet who’s always played well and a very promising rookie.

We’ve got 3 first rounders in the secondary as well as a couple 2nd contract vets.

It’s not as if we’re asking Greggggg to work with scraps here.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like that’s done tbh.

With Baker I think a lot of this roster feels they can win games now and their play has changed.  Dorsey has done a great job in bringing in guys who love to compete as well, and I don’t see that changing.

I guess my point is how much of the previous issues was lack of toughness vs apathy and feeling like “same old Browns, here we go again...”?  I don’t think the latter applies any longer tbh.

I agree the mental aspect the players are approaching.

I think it goes back the past two years. Ppl said the players like Hue and they play for Him every week. How else did the team stay in so many games when they were going 1-31. To me they spent those 2 years trying to avoid being winless and a laughingstock. You look at this seasons and the browns getting a few wins under their belt, we see them quit in 2 games. 

It is amazing what Baker is doing to this team

I have REALLY liked how we are setting up Baker to succeed.

The thing I don't like is how we are trying to be forced into doing things because we think its what we should do.

Honestly, I know I've said this before but I LOVE Chubb, he will be great for us, but he is not the best part of our offense.

We have a QB who is completing 80% of his passes in games, and as its been pointed out by some in here, a number of the passes not completed are drops.

At the end of the game, its okay to put the ball in the hands of baker and let him run the clock out, because the way he throws we can do it that way.

Against Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Carolina (though less in this most recent game) we have shown our hand saying were not trying to win, we're trying not to lose.

I think we need to stay aggressive and keep the clock running because of the high percentage of completions, and win games because they cant beat us in points not because we run out the clock.

Don't take this as we shouldn't use Chubb, because we should, I just don't think we use him as the victory cigar, we should be pummeling teams at the end because we can trust baker....

That being said I want to give Kitchens more time, and if that means Keeping Greg as our HC that I'm not terribly against it at this point...

We will be getting him more weapons, use this draft to get a DT, use FA to get a DE, also draft or sign a LB and we will be in REALLY good shape, is it bend don't break? yes, but it has kept us in a LOT of games this season!!!  Imagine what would happen if we get more experience under these young kids belts....

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, we need more talent, but we have a fair amount of talent too.

Our DL consists of a 1st overall pick, 32nd overall pick, 65th pick and a second contract vet.

Our LB’s consist of a pair of pro bowlers, a second contract vet who’s always played well and a very promising rookie.

We’ve got 3 first rounders in the secondary as well as a couple 2nd contract vets.

It’s not as if we’re asking Greggggg to work with scraps here.

Yeah I think the attitude alone may be enough to keep G Williams at least for one year. 

And honestly in the new NFL turnovers are the priority. It’s all about offense. You don’t have to have those dominant defenses anymore to be successful. 

The key is putting the ball in the offenses hand as much as possible. You can’t stop offenses with these new rules you just gotta embrace that can put things in your favor and that’s through turnovers. 

We’re second in the league in turnovers right now. In the new NFL I’d rather have that over a top 10 defense.

Also There aren’t basically any worthy candidates this year so I’d rather roll with G Will and Freddie than just get a guy to get a get. Continuity and winning would be nice for a change. 

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

i am not sure but every game williams wins his option gets closer to being picked up

Option? I haven't been able to find his contact details other than that he is making something more than $1 million per year. Do you have the contact details?

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the browns don’t go Offense for their HC. They need to get Vic Fangio. I would love to see what he could do with Garrett and Ogbah. Ideally he wouldn’t be want I want but damn his defense is amazing this year

I’ve been bringing his name up for a while. But under no circumstance should we go with a dc

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We all see what Baker Mayfield is, as a rookie, once he is settled in do you really think we need an offensive minded head coach? The offense is gonna take care of itself with Mayfield so I don't care if our next HC is from the offensive or defensive side.

True but it might cause issues losing OCs every couple years. Maybe one of those new OCs butts head with Baker and for a year or two the offense struggles.

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

there is no guarantee we continue playing the way we are with a new guy. I just hope we get it right

Williams has helped set discipline and an attitude, for sure, but I think a lot of it comes from Mayfield, too, who will make sure it continues.

Archived