THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

11 hours ago, Xenos said:

For those who have a subscription, it's a good article about how Freddie Kitchen is utilizing his experience with Arians to run this offense. One key aspect is how Arians would deliberately use a play against one opponent so that it would be on film, and then use the exactly same play the following week against another opponent but use it to set up a deep TD pass instead.

https://theathletic.com/705561/2018/12/12/ted-nguyens-film-room-freddie-kitchens-applies-lessons-learned-from-bruce-arians-to-the-browns-offense/

The Athletic article references a lot of information from an old 2015 Peter King article (this one is free).

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

That concept isnt that creative or special. That is something every offense utilizes or should at least. 

I remember playing in college we would do that same exact thing. Week 1, we killed the team with one play and for week2, we ran that same play with counter. 

Hell being a HS coach we would do that. I remember breaking down our own film and really noticed that we abused the ram with a off tackle power play. Prolly ran it 12-15x for 100+ yards. It was the play we ran the most. We ran it out of only one formation, split eye, and it was the only play we ran out of that formation. I noticed that, talked to the OC about it, how we put that huge tell and huge tendency on film like that. Told him we need to run play action off that first play of the game, it could be a huge play. Well we did, WR ran a perfect post and was behind the defense cause the safeties played the run action but our QB under threw him

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Kitchens and Arians is my favorite outcome.

As long as Arians lets Kitchens call the plays.

I don't want the same slow developing crap that Arians has done in his career, that Haley use when he first got there.

I want kitchens to run with his system and let Arians be the HC

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

As long as Arians lets Kitchens call the plays.

I don't want the same slow developing crap that Arians has done in his career, that Haley use when he first got there.

I want kitchens to run with his system and let Arians be the HC

If we are just going to keep Kitchens as the OC and hire a HC I would rather just keep Greg Williams and let Freddy have full control of the offense. Greg Williams is an excellent motivator. The offense didn't just suddenly get better because of Freddy. I guarantee there is a huge portion of our success that stems from guys who are putting it on the line for a leader they like/trust and want to play hard for.  

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

If we are just going to keep Kitchens as the OC and hire a HC I would rather just keep Greg Williams and let Freddy have full control of the offense. Greg Williams is an excellent motivator. The offense didn't just suddenly get better because of Freddy. I guarantee there is a huge portion of our success that stems from guys who are putting it on the line for a leader they like/trust and want to play hard for.  

I like Gregg and he has done very well. I just think the Browns have the ability to get the best/perfect fit coach they can. The way Baker has played, the Browns have turned into the best spot to land. Browns dont need to settle for a HC this time around. Put Gregg through the process of interviewing and make him earn it. Dont just give him the job

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I like Gregg and he has done very well. I just think the Browns have the ability to get the best/perfect fit coach they can. The way Baker has played, the Browns have turned into the best spot to land. Browns dont need to settle for a HC this time around. Put Gregg through the process of interviewing and make him earn it. Dont just give him the job

Dude where did I say give Greg the head coaching job? Are there better candidates out there? I believe there are but I do not believe Bruce Arians is one of them especially if the plan is to just let Freddie have free rein on the offense. We can get that with Greg Williams and a better leader/motivator as head coach.

I would also like to know why everyone says make Greg Williams earn it but at the same time are ready to give Freddie the keys to the city?

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

That concept isnt that creative or special. That is something every offense utilizes or should at least. 

I remember playing in college we would do that same exact thing. Week 1, we killed the team with one play and for week2, we ran that same play with counter. 

Hell being a HS coach we would do that. I remember breaking down our own film and really noticed that we abused the ram with a off tackle power play. Prolly ran it 12-15x for 100+ yards. It was the play we ran the most. We ran it out of only one formation, split eye, and it was the only play we ran out of that formation. I noticed that, talked to the OC about it, how we put that huge tell and huge tendency on film like that. Told him we need to run play action off that first play of the game, it could be a huge play. Well we did, WR ran a perfect post and was behind the defense cause the safeties played the run action but our QB under threw him

It's a little bit more complicated than that, but yeah it's not creative or special. And it doesn't really necessarily need to be. It just needs to work when the time comes and then you get to be called a genius.

Archived