THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

18 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

The hiring of the next HC. Dorsey understands full well just how important that is to the ongoing progress of the Browns. Hell, look what a difference just getting rid of Hue has made! 

BTW, I'm a newb here and just getting in the swing of things.

Welcome to the forum, newb. Here's a football.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Welcome.

Yes he does. I would prefer he were saying something like: "I am going to nail this"

But that could be construed as hubris or arrogance. And what if he doesn't nail it? Half of the fan base would turn on him and want him lynched! 

I like a more cautious approach that recognizes the importance of this decision. 

I'm also reminded of something that I heard Kosar say in a radio interview. He said that Don Shula told him that if you hit on half of your draft picks, you'd wind up in the HOF! That's how fine the line is. I like a GM who appreciates that idea.

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

Nov 14, 2018 - I keep telling myself, 'Just don't mess this thing up,' " Dorsey said Wednesday during a 25-minute, state-of-the-franchise news conference."

This is not exactly an uplifting rallying cry.

Well Dorsey knows how important this is and has a sense of humor to himself. I rather him be realistic than over confident/cocky that he will nail the head coach. 

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Well Dorsey knows how important this is and has a sense of humor to himself. I rather him be realistic than over confident/cocky that he will nail the head coach. 

How about: "We have got to get this right."?

I mean, "I keep telling myself, 'Just don't mess this thing up,'"?

Really?

45 minutes ago, bruceb said:

How about: "We have got to get this right."?

I mean, "I keep telling myself, 'Just don't mess this thing up,'"?

Really?

Are there ways he could worded it better? Yeah but he is a football guy. He has had this conversation with the media once already. I could care less what he says to the media or how he says or words things to the media

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Are there ways he could worded it better? Yeah but he is a football guy. He has had this conversation with the media once already. I could care less what he says to the media or how he says or words things to the media

To each his own.

For a guy like Dorsey, he's probably more comfortable scouting and picking players than choosing a coach. Very different types of decisions; the dynamics are drastically different. Not to mention, recruiting a peer is far more complicated than selecting an employee. 

16 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

For a guy like Dorsey, he's probably more comfortable scouting and picking players than choosing a coach. Very different types of decisions; the dynamics are drastically different. Not to mention, recruiting a peer is far more complicated than selecting an employee. 

The most important thing for Dorsey to get right is the fit between who he chooses and Mayfield.

Which brings into play who his HC would choose as his OC.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

The most important thing for Dorsey to get right is the fit between who he chooses and Mayfield.

Which brings into play who his HC would choose as his OC.

If we dont get Lincoln Riley or a top 2 coaching candidate. 

HC Greg 2 year extension to 2020

OC Freddie 

If Freddie if offered a head coaching job clause in contract that he become hc and greg denotes to assistant head coach and freddie become HC. 

59 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we dont get Lincoln Riley or a top 2 coaching candidate. 

HC Greg 2 year extension to 2020

OC Freddie 

If Freddie if offered a head coaching job clause in contract that he become hc and greg denotes to assistant head coach and freddie become HC. 

Yeah that would causes issues what so ever...

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I think he likes it either way. Said he has made lists on how he ranks coaches. Coaches that will be great in a year, 2 years, and 5 years. 

Hard part would be selecting a coach for a bad team. Dorsey should have the pick of the litter. Browns should be viewed as the best/most promising position

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, bosko1616 said:

Arians, Kitchens, Schwartz combo would be fantastic as well if we could steal Jim Schwartz 

Schwartz is one of my favorite's for the head coaching gig. He took too much blame for the crap in Detroit. Matt Stafford is overrated and the front office did a terrible job drafting. I like Schwartz the motivator and I love his defensive scheme. His players love him every where he goes and they always perform above what they had anywhere else.

Archived