THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Sorry, point was that Arians has generated the "interest" in himself.

I doubt that Dorsey has interest.

I realize this has been mostly him promoting himself for the job, but if a coach as qualified as Arians is so obviously infatuated with the job, I think Dorsey would be a fool not to sit down with him and at least hear what he has to say if for no other reason than due diligence.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

but if a coach as qualified as Arians is so obviously infatuated with the job

Then a lot of candidates will be seeing it as a dream job.

Must be driving Dorsey nuts.

He should have the pick of the litter.

56 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Then a lot of candidates will be seeing it as a dream job.

Must be driving Dorsey nuts.

He should have the pick of the litter.

I posted a few months back that haslam is interested in Arians due to the continuity from keeping kitchens. Heard it from an insider (not lane).

38 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I posted a few months back that haslam is interested in Arians due to the continuity from keeping kitchens. Heard it from an insider (not lane).

few months back tho, Kitchen was just a RB coach with no play calling experience tho...

You dont hire a HC, to incentive the ability to keep the OC. That is just bad logic IMO

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah its great he is all about the job now, but why wasnt he all about it in '13? He is all about the job because it looks good but that are potentially better coaches for the job now. That give the Browns a better future

Arians has always wanted the browns job. He would have left Arizona for Cleveland if given the opportunity.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I’d be against hiring Arians if it means we lose Dorsey. IF haslam gets pushy and pushes Arians on Dorsey without atleast allowing Dorsey to go out and do his thing. Then I’ll be pissed as ****. 

That's just not gonna happen.  Dorsey is 100% tied to the next coach we hire.

17 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

That's just not gonna happen.  Dorsey is 100% tied to the next coach we hire.

This is the most success and the most promising we’ve looked since haslam took over. Do you trust haslam to not get trigger happy and **** it all up ? I don’t not at all. I don’t trust haslam to think he knows better  and pick the guy he wants not who’s best. I don’t trust haslam to get into a power struggle with Dorsey. Until Dorsey gets his guy I don’t believe it. 

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

This is the most success and the most promising we’ve looked since haslam took over. Do you trust haslam to not get trigger happy and **** it all up ? I don’t not at all. I don’t trust haslam to think he knows better  and pick the guy he wants not who’s best. I don’t trust haslam to get into a power struggle with Dorsey. Until Dorsey gets his guy I don’t believe it. 

I’m starting to.

After watching this season unfold and knowing if he’d have canned Hue last off-season we’d potentially be in the playoffs I’m not sure how he doesn’t take a step back and let Dorsey do his thing.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

few months back tho, Kitchen was just a RB coach with no play calling experience tho...

You dont hire a HC, to incentive the ability to keep the OC. That is just bad logic IMO

Well we better call haslam and let him know.

9 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Arians has always wanted the browns job. He would have left Arizona for Cleveland if given the opportunity.

Also just saying, why wasn’t he this vocal about it in ‘13 when the Browns were looking at new coaches and he was OC for the Colts?

Nope the Browns settle for what seemed like their 9th option in freaking Chud and ended what seemed like the longest coaching search we have ever had for the Browns.

You didn’t hear a peep out of Bruce about wanting the job. Hell man, Weeden prolly would have done better in Arians offense as well   

Browns were bad and didn’t want anything to do with them

Browns are good and now he won’t stop talking about the position

great thing is, he isn’t the best candidate for this job.

If the Browns were a Vet team looking to get over the hump or break their Plateau I would like him but looking for a HC to really grow and develop this team, he isn’t the answer  

I think we’re going to find out rather quickly how much say Baker has in qhos his coach. If gregg becomes that guy I think bakers going to have a pretty big say. And from what We all know about baker is he’s extremely loyal. He knows gregg is the type of coach that’ll go to hell and back for his players and those are the type of ppl Baker covets. It might just get gregg the job offer

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Also just saying, why wasn’t he this vocal about it in ‘13 when the Browns were looking at new coaches and he was OC for the Colts?

Nope the Browns settle for what seemed like their 9th option in freaking Chud and ended what seemed like the longest coaching search we have ever had for the Browns.

You didn’t hear a peep out of Bruce about wanting the job. Hell man, Weeden prolly would have done better in Arians offense as well   

Browns were bad and didn’t want anything to do with them

Browns are good and now he won’t stop talking about the position

great thing is, he isn’t the best candidate for this job.

If the Browns were a Vet team looking to get over the hump or break their Plateau I would like him but looking for a HC to really grow and develop this team, he isn’t the answer  

There were absolutely rumors in 13 that he wanted to come here. Those rumors have been around before this season. He’s more vocal now because the job is basically open and he’s available. Plus he knows this is his last run. 

Already else hear the rumors that kitchen has been named the permanent OC for next year already?

if this is true, HC search is f’ed before it truly took off and candidates were brought in for interviews. 

Forcing a staff on a new HC is not smart 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Already else hear the rumors that kitchen has been named the permanent OC for next year already?

if this is true, HC search is f’ed before it truly took off and candidates were brought in for interviews. 

Forcing a staff on a new HC is not smart 

Its the reason Josh McDaniel's bailed on Indianapolis but everyone is calling him the devil.

Archived