THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Most likely. 

If you look at the way Pagano used Jabaal Sheard in Indy it wasn’t a true 3-4 it was a standing DE who occasionally dropped to confuse offenses much like how he used Suggs in Baltimore. When did u ever see him drop into coverage ? Garrett’s athletic enough to do this he can stand up and put his hand in the ground. Emmanuel Ogbah I thought was better at 3-4 DE with more weight. I think he was 285-290 his rookie year ? He’d basically do what he does now considering he truly isnt a threat PR he’d just set the edge, push the pocket and keep everything inside while Garrett rushed. If he put weight on again that is. I think Ogbah would probably excel there. And then we would have to Draft someone like Raekwon Davis or Buggs. it truly wouldn’t be much different then what we’re doing outside of Ogunjobi playing NT which he’s strong enough to do. The real change would come to our LB core. Would Schobert and Kirksey be our ILB or do we keep Collins because of his familiarity with the system ? Do we trade kirksey or Schobert ? Most likely one would have to go. And we have to draft a thumper on the outside. Maybe trade for Reddick from Arizona to play opposite of Myles. I think Avery would have to play MLB  

28 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

If you look at the way Pagano used Jabaal Sheard in Indy it wasn’t a true 3-4 it was a standing DE who occasionally dropped to confuse offenses much like how he used Suggs in Baltimore. When did u ever see him drop into coverage ? Garrett’s athletic enough to do this he can stand up and put his hand in the ground. Emmanuel Ogbah I thought was better at 3-4 DE with more weight. I think he was 285-290 his rookie year ? He’d basically do what he does now considering he truly isnt a threat PR he’d just set the edge, push the pocket and keep everything inside while Garrett rushed. If he put weight on again that is. I think Ogbah would probably excel there. And then we would have to Draft someone like Raekwon Davis or Buggs. it truly wouldn’t be much different then what we’re doing outside of Ogunjobi playing NT which he’s strong enough to do. The real change would come to our LB core. Would Schobert and Kirksey be our ILB or do we keep Collins because of his familiarity with the system ? Do we trade kirksey or Schobert ? Most likely one would have to go. And we have to draft a thumper on the outside. Maybe trade for Reddick from Arizona to play opposite of Myles. I think Avery would have to play MLB  

No.

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

No.

This. There are several 3-4 ILB in the draft if we want one in the middle rounds.

we would instantly need a 5 tech. Raekwon Davis, Tillery or Derrick brown could fit the bill. Ogunjobi would be a decent NT but I’d grab Gaines in the middle rounds. 

I’d be excited to see Avery at OLB in a 3-4.

also Polite comes into the picture in the draft at that point. It’d be interesting 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d probably go

75% Hue

20% Roster

5% Kizer

Everyone knew that kid wasn’t ready to play, even before we drafted him. We all rationalized him playing once he was named the starter, but he should have never seen the field.

And as much as I love/d Sashi, the roster was still a work in progress.

You are right that everyone knew Kizer was not ready. It is not Kizer's fault that he wasn't ready and it is not his fault that he sucked so bad but the losing was most certainly more on him than the rest of the roster. 

I was convinced well before the draft that Kizer would never be good just as I was convinced Josh Rosen wouldn't be good. I didn't need his rookie season to tell me he was trash.

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

This. There are several 3-4 ILB in the draft if we want one in the middle rounds.

we would instantly need a 5 tech. Raekwon Davis, Tillery or Derrick brown could fit the bill. Ogunjobi would be a decent NT but I’d grab Gaines in the middle rounds. 

also Polite comes into the picture in the draft at that point. It’d be interesting 

I think Avery could be a 34 OLB or ILB really. He has stepped up his game 2 weeks in a row after I questioned his ability to be a true off ball linebacker 3 weeks back.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I think Avery could be a 34 OLB or ILB really. He has stepped up his game 2 weeks in a row after I questioned his ability to be a true off ball linebacker 3 weeks back.

You could pretty much pencil him in across from Garrett.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Hate to sound like a broken record but this means we get pagano. Do we want to go back to a 3-4? 

Not necessarily, perhaps Bowles becomes available?

Schobert, Garrett and Ogunjobi (our main front 7 building blocks) are all better suited to a 4-3, as is Kirksey.  Guys like Collins and Avery are probably good either way.  Ogbah would probably benefit from a switch to a 5t.

I can’t see going down that path again.  Stick with a 4-3 base and incorporate some 3-4 looks from time to time if you like.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Schobert, Garrett and Ogunjobi (our main front 7 building blocks) are all better suited to a 4-3, as is Kirksey.  Guys like Collins and Avery are probably good either way.  Ogbah would probably benefit from a switch to a 5t.

I can’t see going down that path again.  Stick with a 4-3 base and incorporate some 3-4 looks from time to time if you like.

We have a solid 4-3 that could be great for another 2-4 years with 2 more dl, it would awful to change to the 3-4. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I hate having this conversation about the 3-4 but I would love to have a guy like Zach Allen as a 5 tech, Jeffery Simmons as our version of Chris Jones/Akiem Hicks or have a guy like Dexter Lawrence as our NT to keep our undersized LBs clean

56 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I would like the Texans approach at LB with tall ,lengthy, athletic guys, but middle round guys who can develop 

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I say that only because arians said that’s who his DC would be.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought he said he’d keep Williams?

I think he’s just talking a lot tbh.

I never heard that but he did say pagano was his DC. Think that was the interview before the one where he sad he’d keep kitchens

Archived