THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

33 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I would also like to know why everyone says make Greg Williams earn it but at the same time are ready to give Freddie the keys to the city?

Williams saying he with continue being DC even if coach. That's concerning, as the defense has been up and down. There is at least some perception out there that Baker and Freddie are a great match.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Nov 14, 2018 - I keep telling myself, 'Just don't mess this thing up,' " Dorsey said Wednesday during a 25-minute, state-of-the-franchise news conference."

This is not exactly an uplifting rallying cry.

How are you interpreting that?

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Williams saying he with continue being DC even if coach. That's concerning, as the defense has been up and down. There is at least some perception out there that Baker and Freddie are a great match.

Yeah, I don't want Williams as HC either and for that very reason. If the plan is to hire a motivator/leader as the HC and let coordinators run the O and the D then Williams is better than Arians.

Freddie needs to earn it just like everyone else. Less than a year ago DeFilippo had everyone convinced he was the next guy. No one gets the job without an interview and without at least 6 other interviews for comparison.

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah, I don't want Williams as HC either and for that very reason. If the plan is to hire a motivator/leader as the HC and let coordinators run the O and the D then Williams is better than Arians.

Freddie needs to earn it just like everyone else. Less than a year ago DeFilippo had everyone convinced he was the next guy. No one gets the job without an interview and without at least 6 other interviews for comparison.

Along with arians comes pagano. I really don't want Paganos 3-4 defense. 

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Also, what I believe the majority of posters are becoming aligned to is how honest & relatable Freddie Kitchens come off. We are still recovering from that sneaky little weasel head coach.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

THE QUEST FOR THE COACH

Oh. I see, or  shouting one. Perhaps he was just attempting to speak with a sense of humility, not acting like a guy full of bluster....?

It doesn't seem to me like an especially concerning comment, as it will just come down to whether or not he gets the right guy. His optimism or confidence is less important than his eye for talent. He won't be the one coaching the team.

47 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

What exactly was he referring to when he said to not screw it up? A game? The aftermath of the Hue firing?

The hiring of the next HC. Dorsey understands full well just how important that is to the ongoing progress of the Browns. Hell, look what a difference just getting rid of Hue has made! 

BTW, I'm a newb here and just getting in the swing of things.

12 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

The hiring of the next HC. Dorsey understands full well just how important that is to the ongoing progress of the Browns. Hell, look what a difference just getting rid of Hue has made! 

BTW, I'm a newb here and just getting in the swing of things.

Welcome.

Yes he does. I would prefer he were saying something like: "I am going to nail this"

Archived