THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

In a league obsessed with points and offensive stars. And with a young star QB, a stud RB, the brand and personality of Landry, an untapped TE, and a bust WR who somehow became startable I think we have to go with an offensive minded HC. Theres enough potential DC candidates out there where I would be ok with Gregg walking or even keeping him for another year while we transcition. But we have to go offense. Baker is the engine to this franchise without him we’re ****ed. Rather it’s Riley, Arians,Kitchens, Zac Taylor, Dan Campbell whoever .... we have to make sure Baker is given every opportunity to succeed. Right now my top 2 are Riley and Arians/Kitchens Combo. I really think that’s we’re it begins and ends. Look at the rams vs Chiefs game two weeks ago. That’s where we’re headed. I would love to have a Chiefs Offense and bears defense but that’s nearly impossible to do. We have contracts for young guys coming up. We have holes at T, DE, LB, WR, K, #2 CB all that needs addressed plus Randall and Schobert due. DCs are going to be available. Gregg, Rivera,Pagano,Bowles,Wilks possibly. Well have options. What we don’t have options at is offensive minded HCs because everyone wants them. The time is now. We finally have a franchise QB get him a HC that’ll take him to the next level like McVay did with Goff. Like Pederson did. Like Nagy is doing. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

True but it might cause issues losing OCs every couple years. Maybe one of those new OCs butts head with Baker and for a year or two the offense struggles.

I agree dont break up the chemistry. 

Baker is the most important person in the organization, it works freddie, dont break up the band. 

I'd sign greg William's to be the head coach for 2 years with a third year team option. That way if it goes **** up under greg qe can get out of it, the same for freddie. If someone goes to make freddie hc, next year we could cut greg it is what we want to do.

21 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Two things:

1.  I don't have to disprove a damn thing. Benoit is a certified idiot, and today's Packers game backs that up a lot more than me wasting my time watching Packers games.

2.  You did not offer your .02, you offered Benoit's .02.  If you really want the Browns to get the best HC, you wouldn't be offering McCarthy based on Benoit's faulty logic.

Two things:

1. Look up what faulty logic actually is. It may help you avoid making faulty logic yourself.

2. Just because you "think" or "feel" something is true, doesn't mean that it's true. Actually do some research. Otherwise, you're about as amusing to talk to as a flat earther.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I could care less about Gregg. Give me Arians and Kitchens. 

If you get Arians, are you sure he will let Kitchens call the plays or handle the offense? The main problem is Arian's offensive scheme has serious issues that may put Baker at risk. Now if he just concentrates on being more of a CEO type HC at this point, then he will definitely be a good choice. He has the personality to connect with players and notices the small details that are important in being a HC.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Two things:

1. Look up what faulty logic actually is. It may help you avoid making faulty logic yourself.

2. Just because you "think" or "feel" something is true, doesn't mean that it's true. Actually do some research. Otherwise, you're about as amusing to talk to as a flat earther.

Daaaaaang bruh. Shots fired.

went straight to calling him a flat earther 

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Two things:

"Read a book". "Do some research".

Sick burn. I'm drowning in lidocaine over here. Send help. I need every link to the infallible wisdom of Andy Benoit you can find to heal these wounds.

One last thing:

1. Get your own schtick.

42 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Daaaaaang bruh. Shots fired.

went straight to calling him a flat earther 

Denying the scientific facts of football as discovered by Andy Benoit.

If that makes me a flat earther, just call me Kyrie. 

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

If you get Arians, are you sure he will let Kitchens call the plays or handle the offense? The main problem is Arian's offensive scheme has serious issues that may put Baker at risk. Now if he just concentrates on being more of a CEO type HC at this point, then he will definitely be a good choice. He has the personality to connect with players and notices the small details that are important in being a HC.

Yes romurs suggest he would keep Kitchens and Gregg and assume the CEO role. I’m sure he’ll have some input but Kitchens was on his staff for a few years so they already have the connection 

Archived