THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Not an upgrade over freddie imo as an OC. No too flip.

To me Flip started to put himself first before his offense. Read a few reports that  the offense started to decline once Flip was trying to show out for GMs and Owners that he can be the next McVay type guy. He didn’t have to do that. The guy is tanking his own value 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:
9 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Imagine paying $84M guaranteed for a stronger-armed Colt McCoy. 

Exactly

I don’t think so, I really doubt McCoy could have done what Cousins has done prior to this year. I think Flip isn’t helping the offense out. especially over the past couple of weeks

who are some DC candidates next year? I want someone who’s not obsessed with blitzing and prevent defense. I’m sick of blitzing all the time and leaving guys wide open. Qbs are too good now you can give them wide open targets. I want someone like Schwartz who will only rush 4. In theory that should be enough with Garrett Avery and Larry o  

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

who are some DC candidates next year? I want someone who’s not obsessed with blitzing and prevent defense. I’m sick of blitzing all the time and leaving guys wide open. Qbs are too good now you can give them wide open targets. I want someone like Schwartz who will only rush 4. In theory that should be enough with Garrett Avery and Larry o  

Chuck Pagano, Todd Bowles, Ron Rivera, I think Wilks and Quinn will get fired. 

5 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Chuck Pagano, Todd Bowles, Ron Rivera, I think Wilks and Quinn will get fired. 

I don't think Rivera and Quinn are getting fired. Maybe the following year if their team underperform again. Both Pagano and Bowles are 3-4 guys. Do you have the personnel to switch back?

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I don't think Rivera and Quinn are getting fired. Maybe the following year if their team underperform again. Both Pagano and Bowles are 3-4 guys. Do you have the personnel to switch back?

We’d have to make a few moves but we’re not that far off. 

17 minutes ago, Xenos said:

We need to overhaul the front 7 anyways. We have 4 guys who will start and can play either scheme:

Myles Garrett - Would be a 3/4 OLB

Larry Ogunjobi - Would be a 3/4 DE

Joe Schobert - Can play ILB

Christian Kirksey - Can be the other ILB

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We need to overhaul the front 7 anyways. We have 4 guys who will start and can play either scheme:

If we decide to keep Collins he’s excelled at 3-4 ILB with NE. Ogbah could play either DE OLB. But preferably off the bench in rotation. 

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I really dont see Larry O as a 3/4 DE. Dude is at his best being a 1 gap penetrator. I think he would be a waste trying to turn into a 3/4 DE 

Garrett could live as a 3/4 DE but him getting put into coverage would be stupid to do.

Schobert could be ok in the 3/4 but I see him turning into a DJackson type of LB. He will make every tackle 5-6yards downfield

Christian Kirksey, I dont think he is big enough to play ILB or have the skills to be a OLB/Rusher.

Moving to a 3/4 would be a huge step back IMO

Archived