MNF Week 8: Patriots @ Bills

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• New England
    • Patriots

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Which is why I fire Daboll immediately and hire an offensive mind that's young, hungry and can grow with Allen. Then we can build an offense around that with our tons of cap space.

I hate to kick you while you're down, but I feel for you being stuck with Allen. You guys will need to find one hell of an innovative offensive mind. But there will definitely be WR options available. There's no excuse to not have three legit WRs next year. The sad thing is that Goodwin and Woods are proving that y'all actually had three very legitimate WRs not too long ago. 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Can't rebuild everything at once.  With yalls D, I think a draft heavy in the trenches(especially this draft) with an TE upgrade would be a great offseason.  

I do however think we can build the offense in one offseason. 

I see us signing a #2 WR. Maybe Tyrell Williams or Don't Moncrief and a RT like Ju'waun James.

Then I'm draft go

1. Aj Brown or N'Keal Harry

2. G like Chris Lindstrom

3. C like Michael Jordan

4. TE Mitchell Wilcox

I think that would be an awesome off-season and give us a much improved offense. It will be a very fun off-season for us. We have been waiting for the 2019 off-season for a couple years now.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hate to kick you while you're down, but I feel for you being stuck with Allen. You guys will need to find one hell of an innovative offensive mind. But there will definitely be WR options available. There's no excuse to not have three legit WRs next year. The sad thing is that Goodwin and Woods are proving that y'all actually had three very legitimate WRs not too long ago. 

Preaching to the choir on Woods and Goodwin. I said for YEARS that if healthy they would flourish in a scheme.

And yeah, the offense has to be supremely simple and feature a lot of really rudimentary high-low concepts. I wouldn't even introduce any primary reads to his left during most of the first year. It has to be built from the ground up to be vertically oriented and if it's not there, duck and go or hit the cut man in the flat.

Basically you need to treat him like a bigger, slightly faster Trubisky and hope he develops with enough time and energy devoted too him. I'm not sold, but that's the only avenue they have.

So naturally we'll hire Todd Hailey or some such bullcrap and he'll turn into a bust like every other big armed project QB we've had here.

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Or they make the first down and don't give the chance.   Plus driving for a TD actually improves your chances of winning the game.

OK result, but awful process if you're trying to go for the W.  Playing it safe doesn't improve the odds of actually winning - it just reduces the odds of losing big.  And for a team that's not going anywhere, not like trying for the W and failing gets repercussions later.

Ehh doubt we would have gotten a 1st down. We suck on 3rd down particularly because we are always in 3rd and long. We had already converted two 3rd downs that drive so the chances at a 3rd were low. Especially with us getting the ball to start the 2nd half we have a shot at 10 unanswered point

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

I do however think we can build the offense in one offseason. 

I see us signing a #2 WR. Maybe Tyrell Williams or Don't Moncrief and a RT like Ju'waun James.

Then I'm draft go

1. Aj Brown or N'Keal Harry

2. G like Chris Lindstrom

3. C like Michael Jordan

4. TE Mitchell Wilcox

I think that would be an awesome off-season and give us a much improved offense. It will be a very fun off-season for us. We have been waiting for the 2019 off-season for a couple years now.

Ja'wuan James is very inconsistent.  I loved him coming out.

Tyrell would be a very nice get for y'all.  I think a Greg Little or Jonah Williams would be better in the first.  Then Fant or Cody Ford in the second.  And go from there.  I'm not sure about the 1st round WRs this year.  

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Preaching to the choir on Woods and Goodwin. I said for YEARS that if healthy they would flourish in a scheme.

And yeah, the offense has to be supremely simple and feature a lot of really rudimentary high-low concepts. I wouldn't even introduce any primary reads to his left during most of the first year. It has to be built from the ground up to be vertically oriented and if it's not there, duck and go or hit the cut man in the flat.

Basically you need to treat him like a bigger, slightly faster Trubisky and hope he develops with enough time and energy devoted too him. I'm not sold, but that's the only avenue they have.

So naturally we'll hire Todd Hailey or some such bullcrap and he'll turn into a bust like every other big armed project QB we've had here.

Yep, keep it simple and let him use his athleticism. Woods has been a godsend. Him and Kupp are such phenomenal run blockers in addition to their obvious ability in the passing game. I'd love to see y'all get Tyrell Williams and Robby Anderson to pair with Zay. Give Allen two guys who can fly.

Archived