74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I freaking hate how every player that leaves here gets ripped on. 

Everybody's going to sound like Outpost when Rodgers leaves.

I can't even imagine how vicious this place is going to be when Clay is gone.

I think Clay plays hard.  I never question his effort .. just his pass rush skills.  There's a difference between a guy that is aging, and a guy that is hardly trying.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I watch every game from the All22 angle.

If you think Brice is going to be any prettier back there than HaHa you either vastly underestimate HaHa or have a ton of faith in Brice that's probably not warranted.

If they put Brice back there alone, no, I do not expect better results. After seeing how he tracked the ball early this year someone would have to be crazy. If whoever it is plays with some effort it will be a wash in the long run.

Well if Jones doesn't get on the field now it should tell you all you need to know.

Interesting thing is Pettine made it a point to say he tries to involve everyone in some type of package so that everyone can stay engaged. Yet Jones has 4 snaps. Speaks volumes about where he stands I think

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's plenty of ripping on these guys before they leave as well.
Pretty sure there was an anti-HaHa thread here in recent past, but I get your point on the revisionist history and I'm probably guilty of it as well

It's really tough to understand how players are incapable of learning a defense and their responsibilities.  I know there are a million things involved with playing defense, but for someone who has been playing football their whole life, it's just tough to fathom.  Especially for someone who Rodgers had praised during rookie training camp.  Is it a learning problem, or is it a decision-making in game problem with Jones? 

There is no reason they can't try more than one guy there.

I'd like it if T.Williams and J.Jones shared time there, what % time JJ gets depends on his play...............and at some point (not earlier than next season, maybe even in 2020) I'd probably cross-train Jackson there too.

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

I'm not gonna rip on Haha. I'm actually not pleased with the trade. I'd have rather kept him and upgraded the other safety slot

Me too.  I'm still really upset about the trade.  He would have been really useful showcasing his talents for a big contract should we make the playoffs.  It was a significant blow to our chances this year with a future payoff, but the present is always more valuable than the future and I think we still have a shot this year.

All I can do now is hope that the negative energy discharge galvanizes our team and improves our defense from a mentality perspective.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

unless they leave via injury. Then they become the Anointed Ones

Several people have been able to play out their contract and leave the organization. Ha Ha would have been one of them. Clearly, there was a lot more behind the scenes regarding him that has not been reported, besides him being a very mediocre player. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fwiw, this isn't a Packers fan issue. It's just a fan issue. It goes the other way when guys people didn't like before come in as well

55 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's really tough to understand how players are incapable of learning a defense and their responsibilities.  I know there are a million things involved with playing defense, but for someone who has been playing football their whole life, it's just tough to fathom.  Especially for someone who Rodgers had praised during rookie training camp.  Is it a learning problem, or is it a decision-making in game problem with Jones? 

When Jones was drafted, one of the things that Palmy commented on was not asking too much of Jones early on - and unfortunately that's exactly what happened due to injuries. The Packers asked Jones to play deep safety, in-the-box safety, inside linebacker and dime plus a heavy load of special teams.  Each one on their own is a challenge, but asking a guy to learn all of them is an immense challenge for anybody - even more so for a guy like Jones.

"If the offense does this, you have to do that" is different for each position and its all happening in the blink of an eye, pre-snap. Then you have the disguise portion where the responsibility stays the same, but you line up in a different spot to fool the QB. There is so much to learn and you have to have it down pat so you aren't thinking - just reacting at an elite level vs the cream of the crop. Capers defense wasn't easy to assimilate, Jones was given too much due to injuries and then the Packers brought in Pettine and his scheme, another one that's not easy to digest for young players. Very steep curve for a young man to not only learn, but excel at on Sundays

Packers brought in Big Mo and TWilliams to help everybody learn the new defense, but nobody with the Safety/ILB experience to specifically help Josh Jones out.

Just now, Norm said:

Fwiw, this isn't a Packers fan issue. It's just a fan issue. It goes the other way when guys people didn't like before come in as well

And of course there's the section of fandom who hates everyone on the team until they leave, and then it's a terrible decision to let the player go. Basically those folks who think everything is terrible and horrible even if it aligns with their previous arguments.

Just now, Kepler said:

And of course there's the section of fandom who hates everyone on the team until they leave, and then it's a terrible decision to let the player go. Basically those folks who think everything is terrible and horrible even if it aligns with their previous arguments.

Micah Hyde comes to mind. He was a pretty big whipping boy at points. Casey was hurt and slot only. They have played better though in fairness.

But yeah also very very true

Archived