74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I welcome Gutey and and being more aggressive in FA, need to remember those compensatory picks weren’t bad. In fact they brought Moore, MVS, JK Scott, and EQ this year alone for example.

*by the way I just remembered JK scott was drafted before MVS and had to laugh at that. 

That's pretty wild. I didn't realize that either. On a pointless side note my dad had to argue with me that we got mvs in the 7th during the game. Finally someone pulled their head out of their *****, because we didn't, and looked it up on their phone lol. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I welcome Gutey and and being more aggressive in FA, need to remember those compensatory picks weren’t bad. In fact they brought Moore, MVS, JK Scott, and EQ this year alone for example.

*by the way I just remembered JK scott was drafted before MVS and had to laugh at that. 

But he made sure to get compensation when a comp pick for Haha would have never been a sure thing.  

We always seem to get screwed in that formula.  The very best scenario would be a late 3rd round pick.  But that would require a team to massively overpay Haha and it would also require Gute to lay off the FA market when he should be able to spend at least 20 million.  

Now he's free to make whatever move he wants without worrying that the move will also cost a comp pick.

A guaranteed mid-4 For 9 games from A guy who wasn't motivating anyone with his play was the right move.

43 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

His coverage is fine, and he still has wheels. 

He can't cover in man.  Like... at all.  I'm not sure how that's going to translate to all of a sudden being responsible to help out with a much larger area.

Just watched the rams, and he had a bad uncalled holding, more than 3 wide open crossing routes that he is 3-4 steps behind on and the ball doesn't go up.  One it goes up and Goff just turfs it.  The Woods one which was completed was actually one of his better efforts.  Almost every other play he has Brice helping him inside or he is just playing a very short zone responsibility, or he's blitzing.

Last week the team protected him with his responsibilities, and it was glaring when they didn't.  He also gave up an easy 2 pointer in coverage against Todd Gurley.

Watching him play... he doesn't have wheels.  He often looks impressively slow, and his technique requires him to line up 8+ yards off guys because of his lack of speed. 

4.5 guys like woods are holding their hand up, and rightfully so, as soon as they come out of their breaks because they know he's torchable once they are up into his body and can run by him.  That won't be an issue at S, but I highly contest the wheels part.  It's one of his biggest issues right now.  He doesn't have wheels, is old, and slow.

Anyway, that's him at CB.  At S he's gonna be a real liability running with deep crossing routes if big arms actually test him.  Probably means we'll have to play more 2 high or quarters, which leaves Brice back in the horrible spot he was in to start the year.

I'm firmly onboard the "Tramon sucks" narrative is wildly overblown. Can confirm a handful of people have been saying this since preseason and I suspect there's a good amount of confirmation bias going on.

The only bad play of his that stands out to me this season is when he got turned around by Diggs.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm firmly onboard the "Tramon sucks" narrative is wildly overblown. Can confirm a handful of people have been saying this since preseason and I suspect there's a good amount of confirmation bias going on.

The only bad play of his that stands out to me this season is when he got turned around by Diggs.

He’s been serviceable but that play vs Goodwin was no bueno

29 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Brice is fast, Tramon is slow.  Could Brice play deep and Tramon up?

Brice has played deep. He's decent at reading the ball in front of him, but horrific at tracking it in the air and a total liability when asked to cover man up.

Tramon isn't a good enough run defender to play up.

Archived