74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

3 hours ago, hoekd0250 said:

Just saying we dont need a physical specimen at FS, but someone who can align the young guys right, and play within the scheme.

Williams is clearly the best option with that. He was with Pettine in Cleveland and I believe even played some S there and obviously all off season here. 

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

Williams is clearly the best option with that. He was with Pettine in Cleveland and I believe even played some S there and obviously all off season here. 

I thought I recalled reading that he played some safety in Arizona the past few years as well.  Hopefully it's a seamless transition.  

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

well, obviously it's different players and team but still Pettine's scheme so still relevant.

Whatever you say. Different moving parts in a similar scheme will have different results for Tramon. He isn't going to look like the exact same player in Pettine's Cleveland scheme as in Pettine's GB scheme. I think he'll do well, but it isn't going to be a mirror image. Just have to wait and see.

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Different moving parts in a similar scheme will have different results for Tramon. He isn't going to look like the exact same player in Pettine's Cleveland scheme as in Pettine's GB scheme. I think he'll do well, but it isn't going to be a mirror image. Just have to wait and see.

Well good thing I cant remember a down of when Tramon played Safety at either CLE or AZ :)

It just depends on what they ask Tramon to do.  He's always seen it extremely well even as a CB, he's excellent at reading the route and jumping it when it's available, and has 32 career picks to prove it.  However, he doesn't actually have safety experience.  Two games a few years ago doesn't count, that's nowhere near enough to start to understand the ins and outs of the position.  Going against the Pats and Belichick is sort of a worst case scenario to be switching to a new position as well, because I have no doubt they will try to get him biting on deep crossers and posts so they can run guys behind him, and I worry about his lack of experience in that situation.  He's a smart guy and I have faith in Tramon to do well overall, but I strongly suspect there will be some plays in the coming weeks that have people cursing his name.  Which isn't any different than his play at CB this season, so I guess it's a wash.  

On 10/31/2018 at 3:43 PM, skibrett15 said:

He can't cover in man.  Like... at all.  I'm not sure how that's going to translate to all of a sudden being responsible to help out with a much larger area.

Just watched the rams, and he had a bad uncalled holding, more than 3 wide open crossing routes that he is 3-4 steps behind on and the ball doesn't go up.  One it goes up and Goff just turfs it.  The Woods one which was completed was actually one of his better efforts.  Almost every other play he has Brice helping him inside or he is just playing a very short zone responsibility, or he's blitzing.

Last week the team protected him with his responsibilities, and it was glaring when they didn't.  He also gave up an easy 2 pointer in coverage against Todd Gurley.

Watching him play... he doesn't have wheels.  He often looks impressively slow, and his technique requires him to line up 8+ yards off guys because of his lack of speed. 

4.5 guys like woods are holding their hand up, and rightfully so, as soon as they come out of their breaks because they know he's torchable once they are up into his body and can run by him.  That won't be an issue at S, but I highly contest the wheels part.  It's one of his biggest issues right now.  He doesn't have wheels, is old, and slow.

Anyway, that's him at CB.  At S he's gonna be a real liability running with deep crossing routes if big arms actually test him.  Probably means we'll have to play more 2 high or quarters, which leaves Brice back in the horrible spot he was in to start the year.

I just don't see it at all.  He was behind on a few crossing routes because he got caught peeking, which happens to everyone now and again.  Woods never pulled away from him on any route, he beat him on the first move.  Brice wasn't helping inside, he was playing down because it was Cover-1, which he has to play because he's terrible over the top.  If you could point out a play where you see him look impressively slow, a specific play, I'd love to see it because I've watched the game twice now and he looks like a normal NFL CB to me.  Does he probably run in the high 4.5s now?  Yeah sure, and so does Josh Jackson and no one is saying he can't play CB anymore.

Just now, Cheech said:

Sounds like HaHa has really turned things around. 9_9

Watching the game and Atlanta is completely having their way with the Redskins defense. I'm trying to figure out which number Dix is because he's never around the ball. 

Archived