Week 9 GDT: Titans at Cowboys

Titans fan 617

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But that was his only bad pass/wrong decision on the night.

He did miss a wide open Jonnu deep down the left sideline. They replayed it live but I can't remember what quarter it was. Besides those 2 plays he balled out.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

He did miss a wide open Jonnu deep down the left sideline. They replayed it live but I can't remember what quarter it was. Besides those 2 plays he balled out.

Miss him as in threw a pass to him that landed incomplete... or miss him as in he didn't see him?

It'd also be nice to know what play it was... cuz if his 1st or 2nd read were open and resulted in a 1st... while Jonnu was a later read... then you can't really say that was a bad play... did the pre snap read show that coverage was there , it was just dropped during the play... and his progression just didn't take him there...

Just so many variables... and showing an open receiver not get a pass out of context doesn't equate a bad read/play (Keenan Allen for instance... when he blew up after Rivers didn't throw it to him when he was wide open... pre snap read showed he was being doubled.. so Rivers automatically looked to the other side of the field... never noticing that Allen did indeed end up running wide open).

I'd have to look at the play... cuz I can't remember thinking Mariota missed a wide open guy this past game. 

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I agree... it was a bad pass.  He was wide open, and more than enough space to get that ball in there.  He didn't set himself, hurried the throw, and missed it.  Simple as that. 

But that was his only bad pass/wrong decision on the night.  We won by 2 scores... put up 28 points against the top scoring defense at that point... a team that was undefeated at home and even stingier at giving up points at home (under 15 to that point).

Can't you just get past the one mistake and enjoy the good game he had?

And can us Mariota supporters acknowledge that sustained consistency is one the main issues people who question Mariota have... he's going to need string a few games together before there's at least a little buy in again. 

Man... how I would love him to repeat that stretch he had in 2016, weeks 5-12... 8 games, 67 comp %, 2073 yards, 21 TDs, 3 ints 117 rating, and additional 238/2 on the ground.  That would shut some people up.

I'm past the one mistake he had, I thought that was clear, but I don't see the point in blindly saying "well it was a good overthrow" like Beddingfield was doing. Mariota was on fire and the best player on our team on Monday night. I'm not trying to take that away from him. I'm just not into blindly supporting everything someone does because you support them overall. Even on that throw it was a timing/throwing to a spot issue that could continue to improve over the course of the year and not an accuracy issue.

I would say everyone on here would consider me against Mariota at this point, and I would 100% support him if he played that way the majority of the time. The issue is that in the last two years games like Monday night have been the outliers. If 3 out of every 4 games he played like this instead of 1 out of every 4, he would see a lot less criticism.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Miss him as in threw a pass to him that landed incomplete... or miss him as in he didn't see him?

It'd also be nice to know what play it was... cuz if his 1st or 2nd read were open and resulted in a 1st... while Jonnu was a later read... then you can't really say that was a bad play... did the pre snap read show that coverage was there , it was just dropped during the play... and his progression just didn't take him there...

Just so many variables... and showing an open receiver not get a pass out of context doesn't equate a bad read/play (Keenan Allen for instance... when he blew up after Rivers didn't throw it to him when he was wide open... pre snap read showed he was being doubled.. so Rivers automatically looked to the other side of the field... never noticing that Allen did indeed end up running wide open).

I'd have to look at the play... cuz I can't remember thinking Mariota missed a wide open guy this past game. 

I don't remember him missing a throw like that either, so I'm assuming he's referring to Smith coming wide open on a wheel route. He was under pressure and completed it to his first read, Davis, on that play. If he had a little more time to scan the field he may have seen Smith and it could have been a TD.

I think I heard that Mariota said he "owed Smith one" in a press conference in reference to not seeing him wide open, so he's aware of it.

Miss as in he didn't see him.

Beddingfield felt that Mariota was on his first read and went to Davis because the DT was breaking free and he went to Davis instead of seeing Jonnu on the wheel route.

He felt Jonnu was not the primary read. 

47 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Spain looked good based on these clips 

I feel like he could have been called for holding a couple of those plays lol. 

I don't think we re-sign him though. Feel like he will price himself out. I also think we can pay so much money on our line and get the results we have gotten. 

I'd like someone to break down Ben Jones. Because somewhere in that middle someone is screwing up, if Spain is having a good year.  

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I feel like he could have been called for holding a couple of those plays lol. 

I don't think we re-sign him though. Feel like he will price himself out. I also think we can pay so much money on our line and get the results we have gotten. 

I'd like someone to break down Ben Jones. Because somewhere in that middle someone is screwing up, if Spain is having a good year.  

PFF says Kline is the issue. Lewan, Spain, Jones, Conklin all grade out at at least a decent level.

I still think we may end up cutting butler at seasons end especially if he continues to struggle. Reason I say that is because well only owe him 5.4 mill but we’re way above salary cap, plus I believe if we cut him & he signs with another team well be off the hook for whatever he’s paid for by that other team. Ex if he signs a 1yr 3 mill deal with some team we only owe him 2.4 mill 

Archived