Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

Just now, jrry32 said:

If you watched that Panthers game, you'd know how bad it was. It was the Bradford torn ACL game, and the dude screwed us at every turn. He also has a history of ejecting our players for questionable reasons. But yeah, it's not weird at all that we lose every game he refs and there are a number of memorable bad calls he made against us. Of course, he could have shut me up today. Except, yet again, he makes an absolutely terrible call in a pivotal moment against the Rams. Even Pereira couldn't justify it.

All this complaining and the dude was out of the NFL for 4 years? And the other games you were absolutely blown out? Omg dude. 

Confirmation bias 1000%. This is insane hahaha.

Just now, jrry32 said:

If you watched that Panthers game, you'd know how bad it was. It was the Bradford torn ACL game, and the dude screwed us at every turn. He also has a history of ejecting our players for questionable reasons. But yeah, it's not weird at all that we lose every game he refs and there are a number of memorable bad calls he made against us. Of course, he could have shut me up today. Except, yet again, he makes an absolutely terrible call in a pivotal moment against the Rams. Even Pereira couldn't justify it.

Stop whining about the ref because that's not why we lost the game. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

what about the other games? i'm waiting eagerly to hear how he singlehandedly created a 28-point deficit against the 49ers.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

NFL media decided in the offseason, that Brees should have an MVP by now.... and he's totally deserving it, so both pieces are there. 

If it's remotely close between him and Mahomes, they'll give it to Brees... cuz Mahomes has so many years ahead of him to win MVP.

He's also deserved it in more way than Mahomes has.  Gurley and Goff have a counterweight effect on one another in the long run.  But the quality of Brees' QB (I know, I'm going to end up going blue in the fact trying to stress that context matters where bulk stats are concerned and people still will fight it, but it doesn't make it any less true) stats are more significant in terms of where they're happening in games (relative to "importance to his team and his team's place in the league") along with the fact that he's doing subtle things that aren't even being heralded as much (his completion % numbers are off the charts this season, if I'm not mistaken) - which is funny because when Peyton was doing those feats the media/league-outlets never shut up about them.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Couple very tricky tack holding penalties that came at inopportune times to extend drives for the Rams.  One was against Kenny Clark IIRC.  

Whoa there. Clark definitely held our guy. And that play wasn't consequential. It was on like an 8 yard Gurley run on 1st or 2nd down. They were letting a ton of defensive holding go in the secondary that benefited the Packers. Rams fans who whine about the refs a lot less than I do were pretty angry after that game. Y'all would have likely won if not for Montgomery. That's true.

10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

In all seriousness though I don't really think the Panthers > Rams (or Saints really, considering they swept us last year), but I don't think the Saints > Rams either.  Saints are just unbelievable at home.  But it's weird how everyone just assumes the Saints are taking the NFC South.  We're a lot closer to them than people give credit for.

The Panthers are legit. They're kind of an afterthought because they're not leading the division yet imo. I'm rooting for y'all to take the Saints down.

11 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Also, the rams are using Peters wrong. I’m told that the Chiefs always had someone cover his back so that if he is burned the safety(Berry) was there to clean up. We never provide the scrub with help and he gambles.. We have to change the way play him. We have to always have someone on his deep side. It’s unreal. Today it haunted us! But no more. Leave JJ with him at all sides. 

We can't do that until we get Talib back. Troy Hill gets roasted deep too easily.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

lol

Archived