Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

This doesn't even feel like a meltdown or epic comeback we're watching... but the Saints were up freaking 35-14, so I mean it absolutely would be. Last to have the ball wins. I predict Rams get easy TD here, successful 2 points. They trade FGs. Then Saints go on 4-5 minute TD drive to close game.

Just now, jrry32 said:

We desperately need Talib. Peters has played like straight poopy since he and Talib suffered injuries. I also can't figure out why Sam Shields doesn't get more PT. Troy Hill is terrible.

There's a tier of Peters' value that's absolutely dependent on having Talib or a CB that plays in a similar style opposite him.  It was literally the same thing with Antonio Cromartie.  Peters can't be that guy who is targeted the lion's share of the time.  He's the guy you put opposite the guy who doesn't necessarily lock-down the opposing WR1, but who gets enough wins in coverage to force the QB to move in his progression to the next read and then Peters makes a play on the ball in transition.  If we could have paired Peters with Janoris, the possibilities are endless.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This doesn't even feel like a meltdown or epic comeback we're watching... but the Saints were up freaking 35-14, so I mean it absolutely would be. Last to have the ball wins. I predict Rams get easy TD here, successful 2 points. They trade FGs. Then Saints go on 4-5 minute TD drive to close game.

It's par for the course with us.  It's why I never got comfortable in the Redskins game.

And Rams especially are never out of it.

Archived